Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    He sprained his thumb, Drew Brees tore a ligament and is back already. Lock has been throwing for weeks now. For whatever reason they just won't pull the trigger.
    They’re scared as crap to play him, cause they have to get this one right

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Point being no matter who drafts these kids they are all expected to be high 1st round picks. Elway has had a top 5 pick twice and a top 10 pick and each time he passed on a QB. Even if he took the obvious choice at QB certain fans would just assume bust solely because it was Elway drafting? Childish thinking imo
    Based on Elway’s first round draft record, it fairly objective thinking.

I really think 2 things here. 1st is We as Fan Base should just wait and see how Allen will do on his first day on the Job this Sunday. IMO Allen can do no worse than Lameo Flacco. So all Allen can do is go up from here! 2nd I think JE is protecting Drew Lock from us the Fans. I think that he thinks that if Drew is interested into the line up and let’s say his first game is a Dreadful Performance The Fan Base would from Day 1 after be up in arms and start calling him Paxton Lynch 2.0 or worse that it just might break Drew’s mind and then he becomes another busts. Now I do not think what so ever that Drew will be bust I actually think Drew will be our Next John Elway. I liked what I saw with Drew is that he was making great strides from Pre Season game 1 to Pre Season game 3 where I thought after that game he cemented his role for the time being the Back Up QB. Drew’s throws were NFL Starting Type With A Beautiful Deep Ball and Placement. So I think John Elway is protecting Drew from us the Fans?
    Last edited by DENVERSB50CHAMP; 10-28-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Vic said recently that Lock has been healthy for a while.

Lock needs to be given the keys. There's no reason for him NOT to play, especially after this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Last week it was reported Lock needed more time to heal. I don’t think there’s much more to it than that.
    His health was never in question. He was healthy enough to practice since September 24th. Fangio himself said Lock's return has never been a question of health.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    He sprained his thumb, Drew Brees tore a ligament and is back already. Lock has been throwing for weeks now. For whatever reason they just won't pull the trigger.
    A sprain is a partial tear.
    You’re comparing apples and oranges. Brees doesn’t have to think about anything. The mechanics of the game and the playbook are muscle memory to him. He just has to feel well enough to throw at 90%.
    The opposite is true for Lock. He had to think about everything. It was questionable if he would be ready to play this year, and now he’s further behind in his development.
    I’d love to see him play this year, but wanting to see it happen in the next 2 weeks is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Who who has better information to make this decision

HoF Qb who as GM has taken two teams to the Super Bowl and has and a coaching staff with inside knowledge of all players involved...

Or Angry (for good reason) Fans
    Ha ha ha!! Sorry dude, not trying to be rude, but are you being serious?!? Please, PLEASE find me a current GM in the NFL that has whiffed (hugely) on more quarterbacks in the last 4 seasons than John Elway and we’ll laugh at him too... He played and was a great quarterback. 20 years ago. In an NFL long, long ago and far, far away... They say game recognizes game, it does NOT apply to John Elway in the quarterback arena. You couldn’t convince me for ALL the season tickets in Denver that Elway has the FIRST clue about what it takes to quarterback in today’s NFL. He’s shown he can construct a good defense, but Elway wouldn’t know how to build a solid offense if it smacked him in the mouth... Who are his drafted Pro Bowl draft picks again? For that matter, what offensive players on the current roster and currently seeing playing time are NOT in their 1st or 2nd year and experiencing ANY kind of relative success with the team that were drafted by Denver besides Janovich?

No disrespect Hadez, but In my opinion Elway is absolutely incompetent at identifying offensive talent, I have absolutely no faith in his ability to judge ability or “readiness” so we’ll agree to disagree here, no disrespect to you.....
    Last edited by BigSkyBronco; 10-28-2019 at 07:39 PM.

So I'm going to say this, with the overall opinion that Lock should have been practicing two weeks ago and, if not ready to go versus Cleveland now that the opportunity presented itself, then definitely ready to go after the bye week versus Minnesota...

I'm okay with this. With Flacco's injury it's not a matter of IF Lock will start but WHEN, and it's going to be much sooner than I think they would have done it had Flacco still been in the lineup.

Lock was never going to start versus Cleveland, there really isn't practice during the bye week, and you weren't going to throw him out there versus Minnesota with only one week of practice. That leaves him coming in during either the Buffalo game (unlikely) or at home versus Los Angeles (much more favorable match up), with roughly 2-3 weeks of practice reps. If it's Los Angeles, that'll give them time to figure out what they're going to run with him under center, and with 3 out of the 4 games you're evaluating him home games.

Again, I would have brought him back and had him practicing two weeks ago, and then he would have been ready no later than the Minnesota game. But let's be realistic - neither Allen nor Rypien will finish out the rest of the season as quarterback and I think we're going to be 2-9 by the time the Los Angeles game arrives so the remaining 4 games will be ENTIRELY about evaluating Lock and seeing if you'll need to draft a quarterback with (what will likely be) a top-10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    So I'm going to say this, with the overall opinion that Lock should have been practicing two weeks ago and, if not ready to go versus Cleveland now that the opportunity presented itself, then definitely ready to go after the bye week versus Minnesota...

I'm okay with this. With Flacco's injury it's not a matter of IF Lock will start but WHEN, and it's going to be much sooner than I think they would have done it had Flacco still been in the lineup.

Lock was never going to start versus Cleveland, there really isn't practice during the bye week, and you weren't going to throw him out there versus Minnesota with only one week of practice. That leaves him coming in during either the Buffalo game (unlikely) or at home versus Los Angeles (much more favorable match up), with roughly 2-3 weeks of practice reps. If it's Los Angeles, that'll give them time to figure out what they're going to run with him under center, and with 3 out of the 4 games you're evaluating him home games.

Again, I would have brought him back and had him practicing two weeks ago, and then he would have been ready no later than the Minnesota game. But let's be realistic - neither Allen nor Rypien will finish out the rest of the season as quarterback and I think we're going to be 2-9 by the time the Los Angeles game arrives so the remaining 4 games will be ENTIRELY about evaluating Lock and seeing if you'll need to draft a quarterback with (what will likely be) a top-10 pick.
    This is the scenario I was thinking about. Lock should have come off IR a couple of weeks ago. However, the Broncos were coming off 2 wins heading into TNF vs Chiefs. I think Elway believed there was a shot at the playoffs. Even after the loss to the Chiefs, a win vs Indy would still have the team in the hunt.

Elway planned to first bring back Tim Patrick from IR. Bringing back Lock would have created more pressure to change quarterbacks without Lock being ready.

Although most want to see Lock as soon as possible, he hasn’t played since around August 19th. It’s unrealistic to practice a few days and go into action for your first NFL snaps. As much as fans want to see if he can play he needs adequate preparation. Again, he probably should have been activated at least two weeks ago but that didn’t happen.

Even if Lock plays fairly well, 4-5 games isn’t enough to evaluate him, especially with some of the holes on offense (Sanders gone, no TE threat, etc.). Baker Mayfield played pretty well last year - now look how he’s playing. It will be good to get a sense of what Lock can do but 4-5 games won’t be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    This is the scenario I was thinking about. Lock should have come off IR a couple of weeks ago. However, the Broncos were coming off 2 wins heading into TNF vs Chiefs. I think Elway believed there was a shot at the playoffs. Even after the loss to the Chiefs, a win vs Indy would still have the team in the hunt.

Elway planned to first bring back Tim Patrick from IR. Bringing back Lock would have created more pressure to change quarterbacks without Lock being ready.

Although most want to see Lock as soon as possible, he hasn’t played since around August 19th. It’s unrealistic to practice a few days and go into action for your first NFL snaps. As much as fans want to see if he can play he needs adequate preparation. Again, he probably should have been activated at least two weeks ago but that didn’t happen.

Even if Lock plays fairly well, 4-5 games isn’t enough to evaluate him, especially with some of the holes on offense (Sanders gone, no TE threat, etc.). Baker Mayfield played pretty well last year - now look how he’s playing. It will be good to get a sense of what Lock can do but 4-5 games won’t be enough.
    Well we're comparing apples and oranges with Mayfield and Lock. They're not the same quarterback, nor were/are their situations really that similar.

Again, if it were up to me Lock would be ready to go practice-wise versus Cleveland, or at the latest Minnesota, giving Lock pretty much a half of a season to evaluate. And if I'm being completely honest, if it were up to me Lock probably wouldn't have been drafted here in the first place, making this discussion moot.

But, if Lock does come in for the final 4 games, wins 3 out of 4, and plays well, even if that's not a thorough evaluation, it's enough to go forward into next season with him as the starter and really beginning to build the team around the quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Well we're comparing apples and oranges with Mayfield and Lock. They're not the same quarterback, nor were/are their situations really that similar.

Again, if it were up to me Lock would be ready to go practice-wise versus Cleveland, or at the latest Minnesota, giving Lock pretty much a half of a season to evaluate. And if I'm being completely honest, if it were up to me Lock probably wouldn't have been drafted here in the first place, making this discussion moot.

But, if Lock does come in for the final 4 games, wins 3 out of 4, and plays well, even if that's not a thorough evaluation, it's enough to go forward into next season with him as the starter and really beginning to build the team around the quarterback.
    Agreed. I wasn’t at either extreme with Lock. There are some strong attributes along with areas of concern. On 10-15% of plays in college he flashed NFL talent. The question is whether or not he can build on his strengths and make enough plays. I wasn’t completely sold on him and believed a 2nd round pick was good value (although I would not have moved down from 10). Hopefully he surprises on the upside. For now let’s hope he plays enough to give the team some direction going into the draft.

Anyway... no discussion on Rypien being the backup? He struggled in preseason, I wonder if he’s grown since then

Apparently Lock's thumb met the same fate as Callahan's foot and maybe Fant's ankle. It's brutal out there!

Give me a break with this garbage. If Lock isn’t starting coming out of the bye we need to be calling for Elways head. There are rookie or 2nd year QBs all over the league tearing it up. Tell me our line is any worse than Arizona’s, or the Giants. Flacco makes our below average line look abysmal because he doesn’t move and is indecisive with the ball. Everyone saying Lock has bad mechanics that need fixed, who’s fixing them? Do we have some kind of guru who is gonna magically make him the ideal QB? No, supposedly Scangarello was that guy but we’ve found our he is a turd.
    Take Lock off friggen IR, after the bye week cut one of Allen or Rypien, and hand Lock the keys. If Scangarello can’t devise a game plan than doesn’t get him killed then he’s the wrong man for the job, we already know he is. Imo Lock can save his job, he allows Rich to open up the playbook.
    Let the kid run around, let him look terrible at times, let him fight through adversity, and see if he grows. This “hurt his development” crap is just that, crap!

I think it's good to have all three young QB's on the roster. Try to put Flacco on IR.