Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Last week it was reported Lock needed more time to heal. I donít think thereís much more to it than that.
    Coaching has said he's healed and ready physically. So basically he's not ready mentally... Which he gets from practicing.... But nope.

They are bungling this bad.

Total mishandling this situation. Just because you let him practice doesnt mean he has to play smh. He needs to be able to practice.

I don't mind waiting for a few weeks of practice to activate Lock to the game day roster. What I do mind is not bringing Lock off of IR for another two weeks. What are you waiting for? Activate him now and start getting him some reps. You have to see if he is the future QB on this team before the draft because there is a lot of talented QBs to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I just don't get it!!! Why on Earth wouldnt they activate him now and let him start practicing now????

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I don't mind waiting for a few weeks of practice to activate Lock to the game day roster. What I do mind is not bringing Lock off of IR for another two weeks. What are you waiting for? Activate him now and start getting him some reps. You have to see if he is the future QB on this team before the draft because there is a lot of talented QBs to be had.

Have you or anyone else for that matter ever, considered the fact that lock may actually have an injury and that it may have been worse than reported???.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Have you or anyone else for that matter ever, considered the fact that lock may actually have an injury and that it may have been worse than reported???.
    Fangio(and Elway) has explicitly, this week and several times before, said that this whole "Lock is not ready" deal has nothing to do with health. He has been healthy enough for practice since September 24th.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 10-29-2019 at 06:30 AM.

I just hope they don't let Lock sit for a long time, it would be nice to get him some game action this year. Whether he does good or whether he does bad, it doesn't matter, just get some game experience.

As much as I hate the decision I kind of understand.

Since Lock hasn't seen any action yet, and with our upcoming 2 games after the bye against MIN & BUF, I don't think it would be wise for Lock's first action to come against the Vikings in Minnesota or even the Bills in Buffalo.

Maybe Elway & Co. have decided to just let Allen (and Rypien) be the sacrificial lambs against the Vikings & Bills defenses in their houses and then hopefully the Lock era begins against the Chargers at our house.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post

Since Lock hasn't seen any action yet, and with our upcoming 2 games after the bye against MIN & BUF, I don't think it would be wise for Lock's first action to come against the Vikings in Minnesota or even the Bills in Buffalo.

Maybe Elway & Co. have decided to just let Allen (and Rypien) be the sacrificial lambs against the Vikings & Bills defenses in their houses and then hopefully the Lock era begins against the Chargers at our house.
    Need as large a sample size as we can get. Last thing Denver needs is for Lock to do some Matt Flynn like balling for a couple games, we go into next season, have a top 5 pick and waste it not getting a QB and then Lock is trash next season.

Nobody has an issue with Allen starting the next few games, the problem is theyíre not even letting Lock practice. They donít even have activate him yet, they can let him practice then make a decision. Itís completely mind boggling.

The only theory I can come up with is itís Fangio and Elwayís desperate attempt to keep the pressure off them. Theyíre going to try to drag this out till next year if they can, they basically get a free year once Lock starts playing, that clock starts ticking as soon as he plays.

They need a big sample size, because God forbid they don't see enough and then go get Mariotta, Winston, or any other mid level free agent to 'win now' and let this kid sit longer. They traded up to get him, so the least they can do is go all in and see if it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    They need a big sample size, because God forbid they don't see enough and then go get Mariotta, Winston, or any other mid level free agent to 'win now' and let this kid sit longer. They traded up to get him, so the least they can do is go all in and see if it was worth it.
    We have a very good defense. Thereís no reason we canít utilize a run heavy offense and protect the kid.

Iím not sure throwing Lock out there right now is the best move considering he was a project to begin with, he hasnít been practicing, and our OL is a mess. Not sure thatís a recipe for success. If he hadnít been on IR and been practicing I would say you probably put him out there but I donít see an issue with how they are handling him at this time.

Maybe Rypien can Wally Pip Drew Lock.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IAbronco24 View Post
    Iím not sure throwing Lock out there right now is the best move considering he was a project to begin with, he hasnít been practicing, and our OL is a mess. Not sure thatís a recipe for success. If he hadnít been on IR and been practicing I would say you probably put him out there but I donít see an issue with how they are handling him at this time.
    Once again the issue is theyíre not even letting him practice. Nobody wants him to play this week, that would be insanity, but at least let him practice, and then decide if he should be taken off IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Go get Mariota or Winston? LOL wow, you are smoking some gooooooooooooooooood stuff. Winston who is clearly a bust, Mariota was benched for Tannehill and those are the guys you want to supposedly 'win now'...? cmon....