Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

So now we're seeing how much of a raw deal Vance got.

Vic is getting the same treatment as Vance as far as players, but not the same criticism as Vance got. Vance had way worse QB's and special team draft picks to deal with then Vic, but no one is talking about it. And has Von Miller playing way,way,way, worse. Very interesting to see how people view coaches and Managers.

I get your point but I NEVER wanted VJ to begin with and was always on 'Team Kyle' so I can't give an honest 'defense' of VJ although we do seem to be just as bad, if not worse, as a team.

I still believe we wouldn't be in this mess if (1) "The Board" had allowed Elway to hire Kyle and (2) Kyle having more influence in the draft room with Elway than what VJ did or did not have.

If not for "The Board" we should be looking about as good as the 49ers are looking in year 3 of the Young Shanahan era.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 10-31-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Two things can be true at the same time.

The team can be bad in the personnel department, AND Vance Joseph could have been a bad head coach.

VJ completely mismanaged in game situations. I don't see that with Vic, not being aggressive is not the same. Vance would challenge or not challenge or call stupid momentum killing time-outs. Just like McDaniels Vance just wasn't ready for that role. Vic I think is just hindered by a bad Oline and an iMobile QB, hopefully that changes with some young legs back there

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

VJ was a new coach that never improved and made mistakes over and over. Vic is a new coach also, we will see if he improves or if he repeats his mistakes over and over!
    Right now, someone has to learn that a team is build with the OL & DL line play first. We are not going to find a QB that can complete passes while throwing on the ground! We do seem to have a better defense with Vic but Elway spent a little money on the defense during the off-season.
    Last edited by Kansas Bob; 10-31-2019 at 07:16 AM.

The defense quit on VJ. So far havenít seen that with with Vic. Also I would argue VJ had more talent on defense than Vic currently has. I agree, VJ had worse talent on offense but really with how bad our OL is currently Iím not sure outside of Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes we could overcome no matter how good our skill positions are.

I donít think itís fair to compare the two at this stage.

Vic has had the team competing a lot harder even though we still stink and are 2-6. On the one hand itís our worst offense ever.

On the other hand he has had us in position where If not for two roughing the passer calls and a missed sack at the 1 resulting in 3 defensive meltdowns at the wire this team could easily be 5-3 instead of 2-6.

Iím not making excuses and you are what your record says you are. But heís had us fighting to where things could easily be a lot rosier right now. It was never really that way with VJ year one.

Vic will get a year two and we will see if there is any improvement then to compare to VJs second year.

VJ was still clueless. Nice try.

If anyone got a raw deal it was Kyle Shanahan being over looked. This team had a defense, Wade Philips but needed an offense of mind. John bricked a layup in Shanahan and what could have been.

Ellis/Elway post Mannings been a joke

This is revisionist history at its finest. Radio was lost. I mean so lost that commentators, fans and players were noticing. The game was to fast and to itricate for him. Now can he come back a second time and be better? Sure. But in no way shape or form was that man ready for the hot seat. Did he receive different treatment. Yep, he was here longer and the losing lasted the entire time
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

You guys have got to be kidding me if VJ had the same record as vic has now you all would be calling for his head. This is crap. There were calls vic could have challenged but didn't or did and lost. The bottom is the record. We are 2-6 and on our way to another losing season.

Vance didnt improved???? Two years really.. I hope vic get the same treatment VJ got. If we have another losing season kick him out the door the same way Elway did vj... I dont wanna hear no lame, wack, excuses... You are what your record says you are period.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    VJ was still clueless. Nice try.

If anyone got a raw deal it was Kyle Shanahan being over looked. This team had a defense, Wade Philips but needed an offense of mind. John bricked a layup in Shanahan and what could have been.

Ellis/Elway post Mannings been a joke
    If VJ is clueless the vic is dumbfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two at this stage.

Vic has had the team competing a lot harder even though we still stink and are 2-6. On the one hand it’s our worst offense ever.

On the other hand he has had us in position where If not for two roughing the passer calls and a missed sack at the 1 resulting in 3 defensive meltdowns at the wire this team could easily be 5-3 instead of 2-6.

I’m not making excuses and you are what your record says you are. But he’s had us fighting to where things could easily be a lot rosier right now. It was never really that way with VJ year one.

Vic will get a year two and we will see if there is any improvement then to compare to VJs second year.
    We had some of those same games with vj... excuses.

How did VJ get a raw deal? He only won 11 games in 2 years and got fired, thatís pretty common in the NFL. He shouldíve been fired after his 1st year when it was obvious he was a bad HC, he was lucky to even get a 2nd year.

Vance is an awful coach that inherited a dominant D and turned it into trash. And he was brought in specifically because he was a defensive guy. He was clueless. He deserved the boot and he got it.

Fangio is off to a rocky start, but at least he's good at what he's supposed to be good at. At least our defense is playing at the level we should expect.

Joseph is long gone and we should all be celebrating that fact.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You guys have got to be kidding me if VJ had the same record as vic has now you all would be calling for his head. This is crap. There were calls vic could have challenged but didn't or did and lost. The bottom is the record. We are 2-6 and on our way to another losing season.

Vance didnt improved???? Two years really.. I hope vic get the same treatment VJ got. If we have another losing season kick him out the door the same way Elway did vj... I dont wanna hear no lame, wack, excuses... You are what your record says you are period.
    Vi had 2 years. Being an hc is probably one of the hardest things to do in the nfl. Bill Parcells went 3 and 12 his first season. He reflected and improved . Then he went off to win a super bowl. What a shame for the giants if they would have fired him after one season.

Bill Belichick had a losing record at his first hc job. Now he is considered by most one of the greatest hcs to coach.

Judging everything by the record of there first 8 games is stupid.