Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 276
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agree the offense has been the overall issue. As for the fake punt itís not about hindsight. Special Teams had not shown the ability to execute consistently. The smart decision was to pin KC deep and let your defense force a turnover or punt. Instead they gave KC a short field. The Broncos were what, one score behind when they tried the fake punt?Aggressive is taking a deep shot after a turnover, putting your foot on your opponentís throat. Fangio made it harder on the team in that situation. Odds arenít in your favor with a mediocre ST unit.

    As for Bolles, thatís Fangioís worst mistake as a head coach (maybe Elway is dictating?). You canít preach the mantra ďdeath by inchesĒ and let that nonsense continue. By allowing Bolles to continue playing the message delivered is, ďsome players have privilegeĒ. Canít have it.
    The whole team hadn't been executing. There was nothing wrong with calling a fake there to give the team a shot in the arm. Had they converted, we wouldn't even be talking about that play. We ended up playing poorly the whole game, and it's not because of that one call.

    They kept running Flacco out there and probably still would have had he not gotten injured. They are showing they aren't going to bench a guy that is the clear starter that doesn't have a clear backup. It's not like they can just stick anyone in at LT and hope for the best. Bolles is all we have at LT right now, and unless he gets injured he'll probably finish the season starting.

    I don't really think slapping a band-aid at LT for the rest of the season would be any more productive than keeping Bolles in there.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    The whole team hadn't been executing. There was nothing wrong with calling a fake there to give the team a shot in the arm. Had they converted, we wouldn't even be talking about that play. We ended up playing poorly the whole game, and it's not because of that one call.

    They kept running Flacco out there and probably still would have had he not gotten injured. They are showing they aren't going to bench a guy that is the clear starter that doesn't have a clear backup. It's not like they can just stick anyone in at LT and hope for the best. Bolles is all we have at LT right now, and unless he gets injured he'll probably finish the season starting.

    I don't really think slapping a band-aid at LT for the rest of the season would be any more productive than keeping Bolles in there.
    Youíre either missing the point about Bolles, Iím not communicating clearly, or both. First off, Bolles has been atrocious. You donít assume Jake Rodgers or Calvin Anderson canít play. If they played worse than Bolles which would be hard to do, so be it. The point with benching Bolles is to backup Fangioís message about death by inches. When you continue allowing a guy like Bolles to play youíre sending the wrong message to other players.

    People develop resentment and are demotivated when they know a guy like Bolles is never held accountable. Gotsis was benched - did he play worse than Bolles? No way. Youíre sending a bad message allowing him to keep playing when you handle other players differently. Fangio should have dealt with this issue already. Although it would be difficult to prove, I believe players on offense have been negatively affected by Bolles - not only his play, but the lack of accountability. People lose motivation when they see others treated by another standard.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-02-2019 at 04:03 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,327
    VJ had his chance, made millions of dollars and failed miserably.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    VJ had his chance, made millions of dollars and failed miserably.
    And was time to goooo!!!!. I finished it for you lol

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,502
    Raw deal? He didn't get no raw deal. As bad as this coaching staff is it is nowhere near as bad as VJ was.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Youíre either missing the point about Bolles, Iím not communicating clearly, or both. First off, Bolles has been atrocious. You donít assume Jake Rodgers or Calvin Anderson canít play. If they played worse than Bolles which would be hard to do, so be it. The point with benching Bolles is to backup Fangioís message about death by inches. When you continue allowing a guy like Bolles to play youíre sending the wrong message to other players.

    People develop resentment and are demotivated when they know a guy like Bolles is never held accountable. Gotsis was benched - did he play worse than Bolles? No way. Youíre sending a bad message allowing him to keep playing when you handle other players differently. Fangio should have dealt with this issue already. Although it would be difficult to prove, I believe players on offense have been negatively affected by Bolles - not only his play, but the lack of accountability. People lose motivation when they see others treated by another standard.
    The Broncos have been worse on the right side both in run blocking and pass blocking. I am not against trying another player but the odds of that player being better is not good. "Atrocious" is an exaggeration, there are worse players currently starting at OT than him... even on the Broncos. IMO, part of the problem has been the QB. The Broncos OL is ranked 7th in run blocking according to Football Outsiders (not sure how creditable they are) and better on the left than the right. We are going to have to stick with Bolles for the rest of this season and he will likely be competing for the LT spot next season too because his salary and draft position dictate that. I figure that he will have a hard time making the team next season but he will be given the opportunity. These decisions by a coach and/or GM are not easy to make, they don't have a crystal ball like some of us.

    In general, I do think that if you're truly a fan of the Broncos than you should loan your crystal ball to Elway so he can make the right calls.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Youíre either missing the point about Bolles, Iím not communicating clearly, or both. First off, Bolles has been atrocious. You donít assume Jake Rodgers or Calvin Anderson canít play. If they played worse than Bolles which would be hard to do, so be it. The point with benching Bolles is to backup Fangioís message about death by inches. When you continue allowing a guy like Bolles to play youíre sending the wrong message to other players.

    People develop resentment and are demotivated when they know a guy like Bolles is never held accountable. Gotsis was benched - did he play worse than Bolles? No way. Youíre sending a bad message allowing him to keep playing when you handle other players differently. Fangio should have dealt with this issue already. Although it would be difficult to prove, I believe players on offense have been negatively affected by Bolles - not only his play, but the lack of accountability. People lose motivation when they see others treated by another standard.
    I understand your point perfectly. That's why I compared it to the Flacco situation. If they wanted to bench Bolles for Rodgers or Anderson they could. But they don't, probably because they have no confidence in eother of those guys. Like the QB situation.

    We all want to see a change, but if the coaches dont have confidence in the inexperienced backups, then the starter is going to keep playing. Bolles is likely going to be the starter all year unless he gets injured.

    I absolutely agree they should probably give Rodgers or Anderson a shot. But as a fan, I don't get to make that call. Judging how the coaches have handled the starters on the offensive side of the ball, we're stuck with Bolles 'til week 17 is complete.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,067


  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,527

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,454
    Again, people keep pointing out Fangioís superiority as a coordinator.

    Whereís the evidence of superiority as a head coach?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I understand your point perfectly. That's why I compared it to the Flacco situation. If they wanted to bench Bolles for Rodgers or Anderson they could. But they don't, probably because they have no confidence in eother of those guys. Like the QB situation.

    We all want to see a change, but if the coaches dont have confidence in the inexperienced backups, then the starter is going to keep playing. Bolles is likely going to be the starter all year unless he gets injured.

    I absolutely agree they should probably give Rodgers or Anderson a shot. But as a fan, I don't get to make that call. Judging how the coaches have handled the starters on the offensive side of the ball, we're stuck with Bolles 'til week 17 is complete.

    You can give Rodgers or Anderson a shot at LT or you can kiick Risner over and play someone else at guard. You could shuffle the line in whatever way you want but Bolles does not need to be out there. I disagree with Mark S on many things., but I agree with him on this one. It is not setting a very good example for the rest of the team to keep him out there time after time when he won't change and is costing his team. In addition , this time could be better used giving someone else experience and evaluation time. Bolles is not our future LT.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You can give Rodgers or Anderson a shot at LT or you can kiick Risner over and play someone else at guard. You could shuffle the line in whatever way you want but Bolles does not need to be out there. I disagree with Mark S on many things., but I agree with him on this one. It is not setting a very good example for the rest of the team to keep him out there time after time when he won't change and is costing his team. In addition , this time could be better used giving someone else experience and evaluation time. Bolles is not our future LT.
    This ^^^^^

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    The Broncos have been worse on the right side both in run blocking and pass blocking. I am not against trying another player but the odds of that player being better is not good. "Atrocious" is an exaggeration, there are worse players currently starting at OT than him... even on the Broncos. IMO, part of the problem has been the QB. The Broncos OL is ranked 7th in run blocking according to Football Outsiders (not sure how creditable they are) and better on the left than the right. We are going to have to stick with Bolles for the rest of this season and he will likely be competing for the LT spot next season too because his salary and draft position dictate that. I figure that he will have a hard time making the team next season but he will be given the opportunity. These decisions by a coach and/or GM are not easy to make, they don't have a crystal ball like some of us.

    In general, I do think that if you're truly a fan of the Broncos than you should loan your crystal ball to Elway so he can make the right calls.
    First and foremost, drop the comments about whoís truly a fan and whoís not. I donít question anyoneís fandom and expect the same in return.

    Mark Schlereth disagrees about Bolles being atrocious. Bolles has 40 games played, therefore a crystal ball has nothing to do with assessing his play. Heís a bad football player and itís obvious to anyone being objective. Wilkinson is a backup and has nowhere close the number of games started. He was an UDFA and worked his way on the roster. Unlike Bolles, Wilkinson has proven he can improve with coaching.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You can give Rodgers or Anderson a shot at LT or you can kiick Risner over and play someone else at guard. You could shuffle the line in whatever way you want but Bolles does not need to be out there. I disagree with Mark S on many things., but I agree with him on this one. It is not setting a very good example for the rest of the team to keep him out there time after time when he won't change and is costing his team. In addition , this time could be better used giving someone else experience and evaluation time. Bolles is not our future LT.
    I agree, but I haven't seen the coaches have any desire to bench their offensive starters if the back up doesn't have much experience. Just like the QB spot earlier in the season, we the fans want to see a change at LT, but unless the coaches make that decision it's not happening.

    I want to see one of our backup tackles get a shot; I just doubt the coaches are gonna go that route short of an injury. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Bolles starts at LT the rest of this year.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,067
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Again, people keep pointing out Fangio’s superiority as a coordinator.

    Where’s the evidence of superiority as a head coach?
    It's 8 games into his first season man... Give it time. The potential is there, if it doesn't pan out, he'll be dealt with, but he's got one side of the ball purring, hopefully in the off-season, we can adjust and get the offense improved.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •