Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 276
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,778
    We done this dance a few weeks ago. In a rare week when we win, certain fans think every problem is magically fixed, and the issues the team has are all but solved. I think it's clear to see amongst those who have never been involved with football at any level, where they seem to think after a win the coaches come in an say "hey, we won, forget this issue, and that issue, it's all good, onto the next, all we do is win win win". Bolles is bad, and he is lucky he hasn't been benched. If Elway had provided any depth for the coaches to turn too at that position, Bolles would of been benched long ago. The idea that because we won certain players still didn't under perform is hilarious. Bolles is horrible, we can't even run behind him for positive yards, and thank god Allen got rid of that ball to Fant, because I don't think I have seen an offensive lineman be so easily beat all year.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    We done this dance a few weeks ago. In a rare week when we win, certain fans think every problem is magically fixed, and the issues the team has are all solved. I think it's clear to see amongst those who have never been involved with football at any level, or been involved with any sport at all in their lives, where they seem to think after a win the coaches come in an say "hey, we won, forget this issue, and that issue, it's all good, onto the next". Bolles is bad, and he is lucky he hasn't been benched, if Elway had provided any depth for the coaches to turn too, Bolles would of been benched long ago.
    Can you share the posts that support your post?

    I havenít read any poster saying:
    - Bolles shouldnít be benched if we had a better healthy option
    - any fan saying any of our problems have been fixed
    - anyone saying the coaches think things are all good ( Fangio actually just stated Bolles has more confidence than warranted sometimes)

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,778
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Can you share the posts that support your post?

    I haven’t read any poster saying:
    - Bolles shouldn’t be benched if we had a better healthy option
    - any fan saying any of our problems have been fixed
    - anyone saying the coaches think things are all good ( Fangio actually just stated Bolles has more confidence than warranted sometimes)
    So you need to see someone saying those exact specific things ? Reminds of the last thread we did this "dance" in. Anyway, I didn't mention anyone, you have taken offense to it for some reason, maybe you think it was directed at you, which says something, but anyway. The last time we won everyone jumped to the conclusion that Bolles is playing good, or better, just because he didn't get flagged twice in a game, I guess that is improvement though. However, I don't much value that, it's kind of like saying look, my percentage in my final improved by 4% from the mid-term, still only got 17%, it's trash, but better than complete trash, I guess.

    Also, asking how he blocked on the 3 touchdowns. Well, the Fant touchdown he got beat so badly, one of the worse attempts at blocking I can recall seeing this year. On the Phillip Lindsay touchdown, we ran behind the other side of the offense line and behind the fullback, like most of the chunk runs we have hit. Then on the Sutton touchdown, Bolles actually didn't even touch anyone, like he didn't actually have anyone to even block. Were you trying to make a point with this question or genuinely asking ? Because if it was an attempt to sort of defend Bolles, it makes no sense.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    So you need to see someone saying those exact specific things ? Reminds of the last thread we did this "dance" in. Anyway, I didn't mention anyone, you have taken offense to it for some reason, maybe you think it was directed at you, which says something, but anyway. The last time we won everyone jumped to the conclusion that Bolles is playing good, or better, just because he didn't get flagged twice in a game, I guess that is improvement though. However, I don't much value that, it's kind of like saying look, my percentage in my final improved by 4% from the mid-term, still only got 17%, it's trash, but better than complete trash, I guess.

    Also, asking how he blocked on the 3 touchdowns. Well, the Fant touchdown he got beat so badly, one of the worse attempts at blocking I can recall seeing this year. On the Phillip Lindsay touchdown, we ran behind the other side of the offense line and behind the fullback, like most of the chunk runs we have hit. Then on the Sutton touchdown, Bolles actually didn't even touch anyone, like he didn't actually have anyone to even block. Were you trying to make a point with this question or genuinely asking ? Because if it was an attempt to sort of defend Bolles, it makes no sense.
    Your right Bolles did get beat bad on the TD to Fant, Allen bailed him out.
    The TDs by Sutton and Lindsay he appears to do his assignment, nothing stood out as good or bad.

    *He did block two guys on the wild cat play that sealed the game.

    As far as your post, I didnít know who it was directed to, or what it was about, was hoping you could add more to what sounded like a straw man argument.

    My thoughts on Bolles were in line with what the coach had to say today about him.
    Fangio on Bolles: ď I think Garett kind of plays with more confidence than you think and maybe that is warranted. He didnít play too bad yesterday.Ē

    If you consider that defending him, then thatís the way you see it. I didnít think he was great or horrible.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 11-04-2019 at 11:51 PM.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,048
    Yeah some did want VJ fired after a 3-2 start , and.......? What's your point?

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Under the Colfax bridge by Invesco
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    So you need to see someone saying those exact specific things ? Reminds of the last thread we did this "dance" in. Anyway, I didn't mention anyone, you have taken offense to it for some reason, maybe you think it was directed at you, which says something, but anyway. The last time we won everyone jumped to the conclusion that Bolles is playing good, or better, just because he didn't get flagged twice in a game, I guess that is improvement though. However, I don't much value that, it's kind of like saying look, my percentage in my final improved by 4% from the mid-term, still only got 17%, it's trash, but better than complete trash, I guess.

    Also, asking how he blocked on the 3 touchdowns. Well, the Fant touchdown he got beat so badly, one of the worse attempts at blocking I can recall seeing this year. On the Phillip Lindsay touchdown, we ran behind the other side of the offense line and behind the fullback, like most of the chunk runs we have hit. Then on the Sutton touchdown, Bolles actually didn't even touch anyone, like he didn't actually have anyone to even block. Were you trying to make a point with this question or genuinely asking ? Because if it was an attempt to sort of defend Bolles, it makes no sense.
    Good eye. I rewatched the play myself and was surprised to see how bad Bolles got beat by Olivier Vernon. Vernon didn't do anything complex either, just a casual stutter step and karate chop as he went around Bolles and Bolles was left swiping at air. I don't know much about football, but would Bolles be better suited if he moved into the interior of the offensive line? He wouldn't have to move laterally as much and he might be able to bully interior defensive linemen on run plays.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I was looking at this week's DVOA ratings and noticed that the Broncos' D is currently #3, Card's D is #29.
    What's lost in the widespread anger over the W-L record is how hard the Broncos are playing, how evident it is they've bought into the program and the development of young and previously marginal players (e.g. Purcell, Walker, Johnson, Reed, Hollins, D. Harris, Dawson, Simmons) The play of vets Wolfe, Davis and Jackson has provided leadership and has helped compensate for the loss of Chubb. There is a lot of great coaching happening in plain sight for those who care to take note of it.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What's lost in the widespread anger over the W-L record is how hard the Broncos are playing, how evident it is they've bought into the program and the development of young and previously marginal players (e.g. Purcell, Walker, Johnson, Reed, Hollins, D. Harris, Dawson, Simmons) The play of vets Wolfe, Davis and Jackson has provided leadership and has helped compensate for the loss of Chubb. There is a lot of great coaching happening in plain sight for those who care to take note of it.
    Your right Sam, the development from week 1 to now is night and day. This is what gives me hope for the future of this team. Moving on from VJ was the right move, it was a bad hire by Elway but he did the right thing and made a decision that forced us to take a couple steps back, but we will be better in the long run.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    The Broncos have been worse on the right side both in run blocking and pass blocking. I am not against trying another player but the odds of that player being better is not good. "Atrocious" is an exaggeration, there are worse players currently starting at OT than him... even on the Broncos. IMO, part of the problem has been the QB. The Broncos OL is ranked 7th in run blocking according to Football Outsiders (not sure how creditable they are) and better on the left than the right. We are going to have to stick with Bolles for the rest of this season and he will likely be competing for the LT spot next season too because his salary and draft position dictate that. I figure that he will have a hard time making the team next season but he will be given the opportunity. These decisions by a coach and/or GM are not easy to make, they don't have a crystal ball like some of us.

    In general, I do think that if you're truly a fan of the Broncos than you should loan your crystal ball to Elway so he can make the right calls.
    When a position coach on the sideline is told one of his players needs to be benched, sometimes he turns and looks at the bench, turns back and says, "Nah. So-and-so is doing just fine."

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    True, but there's no denying there are serious issues at LT that need to be addressed. Just waiting for someone to 'get it' after this long doesn't seem reasonable. I'm not suggesting pulling him now because we have no one to take his place, but next season. ... decisions need to be made.
    Every year I want to see Denver draft a good O-Lineman in the first couple of rounds. I was excited when they got Dalton (aka "Route 66") this year. I will be pretty disappointed if the first guy they pick next Spring isn't the best LT available.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    Vj was garbage and Iím not sold on fangio. Yet, seeing a young team win gives me hope for next year

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Every year I want to see Denver draft a good O-Lineman in the first couple of rounds. I was excited when they got Dalton (aka "Route 66") this year. I will be pretty disappointed if the first guy they pick next Spring isn't the best LT available.
    Couldnít agree more, Iíd be open to the best Right tackle and moving James to LT where I think he is a better fit.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Couldnít agree more, Iíd be open to the best Right tackle and moving James to LT where I think he is a better fit.
    He's only a better for if healthy and he's proven pretty incapable of being healthy of late... Is rather we replace rt and lt because we can't rely on James to stay healthy.


  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He's only a better for if healthy and he's proven pretty incapable of being healthy of late... Is rather we replace rt and lt because we can't rely on James to stay healthy.
    Sure Iíd love to bring in 4 rookie upgrades to put around Risner, but the $ invested in James were gonna have to rely on him next season.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 11-05-2019 at 09:11 AM.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Yeah some did want VJ fired after a 3-2 start , and.......? What's your point?
    This ^

    I don't understand what the gripe is. VJ was a terrible coach and was correctly dismissed. Anyone claiming anything other than incompetence as to why he's not here, is possibly just looking for something to be offended by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •