Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Shanahan took over a team that had only won 7 games the previous 2 years combined and had the NFL’s worst defense. VJ took over a 9-7 team that had just won the Super Bowl the year before. I’m going to take a wild guess and say Shanahan would’ve had more success here the last 2 years than he did in San Francisco, as we’re seeing now what he’s capable or doing with a defense.
    That could be very possible. You, at least make some good points.

If Shanahan was here, he still would have had Siemien and Lynch as his QBs. And we would more than likely not have traded for Garapollo. There's not much reason to believe Kyle would have been much more successful than Jospeh if he was the hire.

As good as his Niners look, it required a massive upgrade at QB before they could get on this run. Look at how they did with Beathard and then consider how he'd look trying to run his offense with Siemien, Lynch, Keenum, or Flacco. We'd be in the same boat we're in now. A poor record and needing a QB.

But to get back on topic, Vance Joseph was a bad HC for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Pretty much says it all. Joseph had one year as a DC leading a pedestrian defense. He hadn't earned a chance as a head coach and still hasn't. He should never have been interviewed let alone hired. This is only his second season as a DC and he still has a lot to learn.

He was in way over his head here and probably should have been fired after year 1. The Joesph era left us in just about as bad a position as the McDaniels era. The quicker we scrub it from our memories, the better.

At least Fangio has earned a shot. He has decades of experience and is one of the top 5 defensive minds in football. Maybe he'll figure out how to build an offense, maybe he won't. But at the very least, he isn't completely out of place as a HC.
    Yes, the VJ horse has been beaten to death and Fangio will get another year for sure. Problem is the draft, now. If Elway is my home from college kid I take him to Goodwill for some clothes and I hope he comes out looking like a 1958 factory worker. But no. He comes out in Italian loafers, a torn blouse and rose-colored glasses. Give him a hat with flowers and you've got Janis Joplin. Can Fangio get some guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    But to get back on topic, Vance Joseph was a bad HC for us.

The 'Football 101' stuff he used to talk about in interviews was self-parody.

Ear all about defending an indefensible coach. Not surprised here. Look the guy was bad, by every excusable and inexcusable measure. The guy blew chunks. Now if by this time next year with another year under his belt and his guys used to his system if fangs is still looking as slow has he has been with ingame adjustments, bad situational football calls, fear of losing etc then he has to go as well. But all of those things are things i expect to see huge leaps from year 1 to 2 for first time coaches.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Vic is getting the same treatment as Vance as far as players, but not the same criticism as Vance got. Vance had way worse QB's and special team draft picks to deal with then Vic, but no one is talking about it. And has Von Miller playing way,way,way, worse. Very interesting to see how people view coaches and Managers.
    Or bronco fans have become numb to losing and stopped giving a darn? Myself included in that statement. I have come to expect a garbage product. AT least the broncos D is still strong under fangio which we could not say about vance.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Vance was not a good football coach, he deserved to be fired, and probably wasn't qualified in the first place for the job. However, everyone last year painted the narrative that we had all these talented players and we were wasting them, claimed it was ALL coaching, it clearly wasn't the case. The writing has been on the walls for a while now regarding the lack of talent this team has, and I think for a lot of fans that reality has now kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You guys have got to be kidding me if VJ had the same record as vic has now you all would be calling for his head. This is crap. There were calls vic could have challenged but didn't or did and lost. The bottom is the record. We are 2-6 and on our way to another losing season.

Vance didnt improved???? Two years really.. I hope vic get the same treatment VJ got. If we have another losing season kick him out the door the same way Elway did vj... I dont wanna hear no lame, wack, excuses... You are what your record says you are period.
    So you think it would be fair to fire Vic now, even though VJ had the worst two seasons the Broncos have seen in decades? How does that make sense? Have you ever heard the phrase "it's going to get worse before it gets better"? Not even Bellichick himself could have come in here and made this team a winner with the players on our roster. Joseph took a 9 -7 squad and went 6-10, then got worse the next year. You think firing him was unfair? You're the one who has to be kidding.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

The second year that Vance was here the talent on the offensive line got worst, the QB got worst, the special teams talent got worst all thanks to Mr. Elway. Coaches can only coach the players they get. Vic will soon see the trash he has to coach.

LOL, you missed the KC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Fangio doesn't call plays on offense, he didn't pick the qb, ECT... I'm absolutely willing to give fangio a pass for poor offense because his defense is performing well.

It's Elways job to find the right personel for the offense, since he didn't give fangio a say in that and he's failing miserably with flacco and our oc.
    The statement above can apply to VJ too. People are acting like this year def didnt have any issues. Raiders bet us. LF ran what like 200 yards, no sacks or TO in the 1st 5 games. Vic is not call that. It's not like we are playing high scoring offenses anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Shanahan took over a team that had only won 7 games the previous 2 years combined and had the NFL’s worst defense. VJ took over a 9-7 team that had just won the Super Bowl the year before. I’m going to take a wild guess and say Shanahan would’ve had more success here the last 2 years than he did in San Francisco, as we’re seeing now what he’s capable or doing with a defense.
    That lost manning and other key free agents that many wish were still here and our def coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Ear all about defending an indefensible coach. Not surprised here. Look the guy was bad, by every excusable and inexcusable measure. The guy blew chunks. Now if by this time next year with another year under his belt and his guys used to his system if fangs is still looking as slow has he has been with ingame adjustments, bad situational football calls, fear of losing etc then he has to go as well. But all of those things are things i expect to see huge leaps from year 1 to 2 for first time coaches.
    Say what you want. Show me one post of me saying VJ need to stay here. Or one post about me being mad that he is not here.

But at the same time ima call a spade a spade. The things yall are letting vic slide one yall didnt for VJ "no surprise there." The so called standard some of you set for VJ I'm just applying to EVER coach we get from know on. I dont care about anything but wins and loses. Never said vic should be fired this year. But if we have another losing season next year he should be fired too just like VJ got two years. I dont care about, the defense is playing well care. He is the head coach and NOT the defensive coordinator period. Vj didn't get to pick his staff nor players too, Elway, just like his is now was in charge of the draft. Calling VJ names and saying how he wasn't ready to fine do you and ima do me.

Vic needs one more year and if we having another losing season, he too would be a clown, that never should be hired and should be fired.

Let's keep if fair all the way around the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    So you think it would be fair to fire Vic now, even though VJ had the worst two seasons the Broncos have seen in decades? How does that make sense? Have you ever heard the phrase "it's going to get worse before it gets better"? Not even Bellichick himself could have come in here and made this team a winner with the players on our roster. Joseph took a 9 -7 squad and went 6-10, then got worse the next year. You think firing him was unfair? You're the one who has to be kidding.
    Did I said when he should be fired. Of course not this year. Stop saying a 9-7. He didnt take over that team bc A LOT of those players left so it's not the same. But if that's now you feel. We will just go with what you said.