Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    In my opinion he was lucky that the Denver Broncos hired him in the first place, as a head coach, and gave him the experience of being an NFL head coach. And I was equally surprised they didn't fire him after the first year. He looked like he was completely in over his head.
    (JMO)

Vance Josephís defense in Arizona is allowed more yards/points per game in 2019 vs 2018. Despite adding free agents Terrell Suggs and Jordan Hicks theIr defense is worse under VJ. The Cardinals didnít have Patrick Peterson for the first six games however, the defense is allowing more points per game since his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Vance Josephís defense in Arizona is allowed more yards/points per game in 2019 vs 2018. Despite adding free agents Terrell Suggs and Jordan Hicks theIr defense is worse under VJ. The Cardinals didnít have Patrick Peterson for the first six games however, the defense is allowing more points per game since his return.
    That was one of my points all along. VJ wasn't able to master his own wheelhouse let alone a HC position. For example if he has poor talent but you could see that the game plan looks good from a defensive standpoint then MAYBE you have a point. The issue is that neither are good. His defensive game plans are trash AND he is unable to elevate the right players and master his "side" of the ball.

I also think that Vance brought a lot of issues on himself with the way that he managed players and failed to adapt. That is on VJ not on the players.

VJ was just not ready to be an NFL Head Coach just Like McDummy was not ready! Vic Fangio was more than ready and his pedigree says so BTW look at our # 4 Defense and I believe that Denver has the #1 Red Zone Defense. That is impressive it was not Fangio's fault that the QB play has been subpar.

I'll agree that VJ really got into a bad situation but I'll also say that He wasn't ready to be a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    VJ was just not ready to be an NFL Head Coach just Like McDummy was not ready! Vic Fangio was more than ready and his pedigree says so BTW look at our # 4 Defense and I believe that Denver has the #1 Red Zone Defense. That is impressive it was not Fangio's fault that the QB play has been subpar.
    The big difference was that McDaniels WAS ready to be a HC, but not to also be responsible to 90% of General Manager duties at a time where Bowlen was loosing his mental faculties. Vance Joseph was not ready for any of it. At no time past september 2017 would anyone in their right mind be impressed with anything VJ did. Josh knew his football but like Shanahan he could not handle the GM role, and that fell on the Broncos. To my knowledge no HC that young has ever been given that much responsibility. Had Elway joined in 2010 it is unlikely that the wheels would have come off in the same manner.

PS there are name calling rules in on the board

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    The big difference was that McDaniels WAS ready to be a HC, but not to also be responsible to 90% of General Manager duties at a time where Bowlen was loosing his mental faculties. Vance Joseph was not ready for any of it. At no time past september 2017 would anyone in their right mind be impressed with anything VJ did. Josh knew his football but like Shanahan he could not handle the GM role, and that fell on the Broncos. To my knowledge no HC that young has ever been given that much responsibility. Had Elway joined in 2010 it is unlikely that the wheels would have come off in the same manner.

PS there are name calling rules in on the board
    I believe it only applies to current broncos players and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I believe it only applies to current broncos players and staff.
    Yeah, if we can't ridicule VJ and McIdiot, I'm lodging a formal complaint.

I donít think Baby Hoodie was ready to be a HC either. His antics on the sideline were embarrassing. He lost the locker room. I have no words for the cheating.

Mc D was very good at preparation and Xs & Os. As He found out there is way more to being a HC than that.

Where was that ďDĒ in the second half today?

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Where was that “D” in the second half today?
    Doing the same thing they've been doing all season. Failing to close-out games. Most former defenders will tell you that they can't ask for more than them having a lead and a chance to closeout a game. No matter what has happened up to that point, that's what defenses want. Well, this defense blew a late lead against Chicago, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and Minnesota. Even with the offensive issues they had, a quality defense closes out the game. What's the point of having a statistically good defense if they can't be counted on when they are needed the most. It's like having the Tony Romo of defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    And in only one of those games did a team score over 20 points. If you want to judge a defense on 3 drives, all of which also included a horribly botched penalty call, be my guest. All it says to me is you're a fan of a team that is in a down season and is looking for anything to complain about.

This is a top 10 defense. I don't expect perfection on every play. I don't expect a shutout every game. Our defense is contender worthy. And it's practically the same D that Jospeh had. Fangio has this D in a much better place, no matter how pessimistic some want to look at it.
    How about that defense.🤔

Lack of defense yesterday still doesn't make vj a good coach... But thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    That was one of my points all along. VJ wasn't able to master his own wheelhouse let alone a HC position. For example if he has poor talent but you could see that the game plan looks good from a defensive standpoint then MAYBE you have a point. The issue is that neither are good. His defensive game plans are trash AND he is unable to elevate the right players and master his "side" of the ball.

I also think that Vance brought a lot of issues on himself with the way that he managed players and failed to adapt. That is on VJ not on the players.
    Agreed. Fangio isnít doing much better. Relative to his resume heís not getting it done. The Broncos defense allowed 4 TDs in one half after having a 20 point lead at half - first time thatís happened in 40 years. Fangio hasnít proven anything with respect to being a good HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Lack of defense yesterday still doesn't make vj a good coach... But thanks for playing.
    Nor does it make Fangio a better coach. This team isnít better than last year.