Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    They're both bad coaching staff's, unfortunately we gave VJ two years to try and make it work, we have to give Fangio the same. Maybe he can change it around. The D does seem to be playing better, and the previous QB I believe had A LOT to do with our offense not functioning. The next eight games will answer a lot of questions.

I think Fangio gets 3 years no matter what. Well .........there could be certain circumstances that might shorten that but they'd be a statistical improbability.

Actually, Fangio probably is the last Head Coach Elway hires.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I would love it if the first two picks went to OL with Munchak's input on the choices.
    Agreed

I think it would pay small dividends in 2020 and in 2021 we will have on of the best OL in football. Considering right now we are working on being bottom ten in sacks allowed 3 out of 4 years that is amazing.

IMO we have the coaching to make it work for the first time in a long time. Now we need to give the coaches talent to work with.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    People claimed VJ was terrible because he had a 3-1 team look totally unprepared against a winless Giants team that was forced to play WRs off the streets. Then he followed that up with a bunch of blowouts.

VJ got the team closer in year 2 lessening the blowouts and playing tight games. With a completely new staff youíd expect some regression there but this team hasnít regressed at all, theyíre really about the same as they were last season maybe even a little better.
    Looking at the thread to fire VJ thatís exactly what happened. It looked like the OPís reaction to the loss vs Giants:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...t=Vance+Joseph

ĒTime to fire Vance Joseph?
    We got out coached by the Giants dumpster fire coaching staff. Clean house and rebuild.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Finally, someone who gets it.

3-2 is not the time to demand a coach be fired.

After 12 games and an 8 game losing streak, it might be understandable.
    People react to things. The OP of the original thread calling to fire VJ was late at night after the loss to the Giants:

ďWe got out coached by the Giants dumpster fire coaching staff. Clean house and rebuild.Ē

In hindsight, the OPís reaction to the bad play by the Broncos vs Giants was a glimpse into the future.

At what point do we recognize people have different opinions and reactions to events? People will never come to some consensus on when someone should be fired. People react to situations, right or wrong.

Coaches are fired at the end of every season. Some are fired after one year, others a couple of years and others after many years. Some are fired mid-season.

Itís not always ďfairĒ and every fan has their take.

Looks like the OP was early to see the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Looking at the thread to fire VJ thatís exactly what happened. It looked like the OPís reaction to the loss vs Giants:

ĒTime to fire Vance Joseph?
    We got out coached by the Giants dumpster fire coaching staff. Clean house and rebuild.Ē
    Oh yeah I remember it vividly. Majority of the comments immediately after the game were that he should get 2-3 years and that you canít judge him off one bad game. The ensuing 7 losses after that certainly didnít help him keep that same support.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I would love it if the first two picks went to OL with Munchak's input on the choices.
    I would too.
    The first one should be the best LT in the draft imo.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What's lost in the widespread anger over the W-L record is how hard the Broncos are playing, how evident it is they've bought into the program and the development of young and previously marginal players (e.g. Purcell, Walker, Johnson, Reed, Hollins, D. Harris, Dawson, Simmons) The play of vets Wolfe, Davis and Jackson has provided leadership and has helped compensate for the loss of Chubb. There is a lot of great coaching happening in plain sight for those who care to take note of it.
    Great Post .....

Oh yeah I remember it vividly. Majority of the comments immediately after the game were that he should get 2-3 years and that you canít judge him off one bad game. The ensuing 7 losses after that certainly didnít help him keep that same support.
    Itís the sort of reactions we have in the game day threads, in this case turned into a thread.

Iíve never reacted to a bad game LOL

People react to things. The OP of the original thread calling to fire VJ was late at night after the loss to the Giants:

“We got out coached by the Giants dumpster fire coaching staff. Clean house and rebuild.”

In hindsight, the OP’s reaction to the bad play by the Broncos vs Giants was a glimpse into the future.

At what point do we recognize people have different opinions and reactions to events? People will never come to some consensus on when someone should be fired. People react to situations, right or wrong.

Coaches are fired at the end of every season. Some are fired after one year, others a couple of years and others after many years. Some are fired mid-season.

It’s not always “fair” and every fan has their take.

Looks like the OP was early to see the writing on the wall.
    No, looks like the OP was right on time, the rest of us, especially the FO, came in late.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    No, looks like the OP was right on time, the rest of us, especially the FO, came in late.
    Exactly right

Looking at the thread to fire VJ that’s exactly what happened. It looked like the OP’s reaction to the loss vs Giants:

”Time to fire Vance Joseph?
    We got out coached by the Giants dumpster fire coaching staff. Clean house and rebuild.”
    Three pages in to that thread, and only one person is calling for the firing of VJ - which means this thread is much ado about nothing.
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies94ta View Post
    Three pages in to that thread, and only one person is calling for the firing of VJ - which means this thread is much ado about nothing.
    Indeed.....

Oh yeah I remember it vividly. Majority of the comments immediately after the game were that he should get 2-3 years and that you can’t judge him off one bad game. The ensuing 7 losses after that certainly didn’t help him keep that same support.
    Yeah that's the thing none of the "raw deal" folks are mentioning... There was like two or three posters in that thread saying he needed fired at first. It was a small minority. Everyone else pretty much mocked the original poster for jumping the gun...

Heck, my first reply in that thread was to step back from the ledge because it was too early to be thinking that and I can't stand the guy now.

So spare us the poor vj act.

Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    Then in my opinion you're looking at it through the benefit of hindsight and not seeing the point that was being made. At the point we were 3-2 in his first year, how could anyway legitimately assess that he was a "terrible" coach? After our first 5 games this year we were 1-4, and went the first 3 or 4 games without a sack or a turnover. So is Vic a "terrible" coach as well?
    I think most were positively surprised the first 4 weeks with VJ, but it very quickly became apparent during the longest loosing streak in Broncos history that the VJ was lost and the team did not buy in. A QB in Siemian that had looked promising in 2016, came totally apart and the whole season was grossly mismanaged.

It is fine that you want to compare the current coaching and VJ's crew, but this team is getting better, whereas VJs team was getting worse. The record now is the same, and this team has to play real bad football the rest of the season to match VJ, and he still got more time.

The general line last year when we had the 3 game win streak was that if the team stayed on course VJ should be given more time, but unfortunately things fell apart instead. Irrespective ethnicity, I think almost all of us want to have Broncos hire superior talent both in players and coaches irrespective of skin color.

I must say that I was more surprised that Eric Studesville did not get more attention in 2011, as the team seemed to go from dysfunctional to functional in the last 4 weeks of 2010, and in fact the 2010 version of the Tebow offense scored more than a TD more per game than the Fox/McCoy version. Studesville seemed a lot more competent than VJ! VJ,

Fox and Studesville all had McCoy as OC, and only the VJ team had the wheels come totally off.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 11-08-2019 at 02:00 AM.