Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    The defense and offense declined over two seasons under Vance Joseph. While we know the QB position and talent played a role, he had his chance. Fangio is the head coach and itís a fact the defense has improved. One side of the ball improved and now we need the offense to turnaround.

While some fans called for Vance Joseph to be fired during his first season, others called for him to have more time. Fans have called for Fangio and the entire staff to be fired. Is it really worth it to go back and count how many? Vance Joseph wasnít a good coach - if he was a good coach there were several head coaching jobs available after last season.

The Broncos cannot continue the carousel of coaches. Fangio will get the opportunity to prove he can win games. If he canít then I suspect heíll be shown the door at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Again, people keep pointing out Fangioís superiority as a coordinator.

Whereís the evidence of superiority as a head coach?
    Let's give the guy more than 8 games before writing the book on him as a head coach. I gave Vance a full two years. It's only fair.
    Last edited by JW7; 11-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Again, people keep pointing out Fangioís superiority as a coordinator.

Whereís the evidence of superiority as a head coach?
    As a head coach the defense has improved. Youíve brought ďsuperiorityĒ into the conversation. Under the previous coaching staff the defense and offense declined. I donít think itís common for a new coach to improve everything in half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Let's give the guy more than 8 games before writing the book on him as a head coach. I gave Vance a full two years. It's only fair.
    Again, there was a thread five games into VJís first season demanding that he be fired. He was 3-2 at the time.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Again, there was a thread five games into VJís first season demanding that he be fired. He was 3-2 at the time.
    What exactly are you after? Are you wanting the same opinions to be expressed at the same point in every season? Are you looking for group think for everyone to want Fangio fired after 5 games?

By the way, fans called for Fangio to be fired after losing to the Jaguars in week 4. Youíre pushing a false narrative that people havenít called for Fangio to be fired.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-03-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    First and foremost, drop the comments about whoís truly a fan and whoís not. I donít question anyoneís fandom and expect the same in return.

Mark Schlereth disagrees about Bolles being atrocious. Bolles has 40 games played, therefore a crystal ball has nothing to do with assessing his play. Heís a bad football player and itís obvious to anyone being objective. Wilkinson is a backup and has nowhere close the number of games started. He was an UDFA and worked his way on the roster. Unlike Bolles, Wilkinson has proven he can improve with coaching.
    Geese ... lighten up a little. I am joking; but if you do have a crystal ball please loan it to Elway.

Also that was an "in general" comment not specific about Bolles. Bolles pass blocking is bad, but the left side of the line isn't bad run blocking.

I'm pretty sure theres been posts about fangio and Scang being fired too. You have to give someone a little bit of time. VJ got 2 years . People wanted him fired half way through the 1st season.....so what ? Who cares . People have different opinions and that's all they are .

Again, there was a thread five games into VJ’s first season demanding that he be fired. He was 3-2 at the time.
    Of course there's always someone who wants the coach fired immediately, and they may have made a thread, but I'm certain that wasn't a consensus opinion with all the fans around here at that point in time. I don't understand why you are so resentful on this subject that you keep bringing it up. Who is VJ to you?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Give Fangio a couple seasons before comparing him to VJ.
    VJ was given a 9-7 team, Fangio was handed a 6-10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm pretty sure theres been posts about fangio and Scang being fired too. You have to give someone a little bit of time. VJ got 2 years . People wanted him fired half way through the 1st season.....so what ? Who cares . People have different opinions and that's all they are .
    There have been calls for Fangio to be fired. There were fans calling for him to be fired after the Jaguars game.

Again, there was a thread five games into VJ’s first season demanding that he be fired. He was 3-2 at the time.
    And it turned out the posters of that thread were correct. We shall see with Fangio. I know VJ consistently had his team unprepared and had that deer in the headlight look. He was a defensive coach who took over a team with a good defense and turned them into a bad defense . The players didn't even know where each other were going to be on the field 2 years in. He chased our best corner back out of town and ruined the first 2 yrs development of Demarcus Walker who seems to be doing a lot better since VJ isn't around. He was a cluster from the beginning AND JUST GOT WORSE. I don't understand why you think it is such a big deal that people called him out when they were right too. VJ had only been a DC for 1 year and that D was not that good. He had no business being a head coach and it showed.

The jury is still out with Fangio. He definitely brings a much better resume to the position. Imo he is doing a lot more with a lot less on D. I'm not sure he has the right OC, but time will tell.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    And it turned out the posters of that thread were correct. We shall see with Fangio. I know VJ consistently had his team unprepared and had that deer in the headlight look. He was a defensive coach who took over a team with a good defense and turned them into a bad defense . The players didn't even know where each other were going to be on the field 2 years in. He chased our best corner back out of town and ruined the first 2 yrs development of Demarcus Walker who seems to be doing a lot better since VJ isn't around. He was a cluster from the beginning AND JUST GOT WORSE. I don't understand why you think it is such a big deal that people called him out when they were right too. VJ had only been a DC for 1 year and that D was not that good. He had no business being a head coach and it showed.

The jury is still out with Fangio. He definitely brings a much better resume to the position. Imo he is doing a lot more with a lot less on D. I'm not sure he has the right OC, but time will tell.
    Summed up my thoughts better than I could.

Fangio won't be fired faster than vj and as of right now, the jury is still out.

Nice post FL Bronco ! Well put

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Geese ... lighten up a little. I am joking; but if you do have a crystal ball please loan it to Elway.

Also that was an "in general" comment not specific about Bolles. Bolles pass blocking is bad, but the left side of the line isn't bad run blocking.
    After the false start and holding call, it should be obvious Bolles is atrocious. If you canít admit that youíre not being objective.

Bolles is a stone cold loser.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    After the false start and holding call, it should be obvious Bolles is atrocious. If you canít admit that youíre not being objective.

Bolles is a stone cold loser.....
    Focusing on two plays.....
    Bolles also was in on plays that lead to 24 pts and a Broncos win!!
    Bolles is a winner today