Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    That's is wack. Name a stud they have on def just one???? I'll wait...and dont tell me PP bc he was suspended the first 6 games.

Is he getting a raw deal in Arizona too? VJ mismanaged this defense in tremendous fashion and the same issues he had here followed him to Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I was looking at this week's DVOA ratings and noticed that the Broncos' D is currently #3, Card's D is #29.
    Yet the cardinals has a better record and we are heading to our third str8 losing season. Go figure....Great head coaching Vic.

It's hard to say how things would have played out if Shanahan had been hired instead of VJ. Would Shanahan have already been fired at this point?

VJ was definitely in the better situation to start with. However, solid drafts and trade acquisitions have made the 49ers a solid football team, whereas the Broncos have paled in comparison. This is most likely due to the 49ers sticking with their HC and committing to becoming a better team in the long run, whereas the Broncos went for quick fix solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yet the cardinals has a better record and we are heading to our third str8 losing season. Go figure....Great head coaching Vic.
    Not by much. IIRC we had the hardest schedule going into this season. Their three very narrow wins btw were against the Bungals, Falcons, and Giants. Football Outsiders takes such things into account which is why (despite their having a better record) they are 27th while DEN is 21st. Fangio got the defense turned around --as Schatz wrote:

"So, what about the teams beneath the Patriots and 49ers? Well, the Denver defense has climbed rapidly to No. 3 after ranking just 27th in the league after four weeks. The Broncos are one of a number of teams that have seen one unit dramatically improve or decline between the first and second quarter-poles of the 2019 season. Ranks here are based on current opponent adjustments, and yes, Week 5 is an arbitary place to look for a split.

First, Denver. The Broncos defense had 14.0% DVOA for September (26) but is -30.3% (3) for October."
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Judging by some of the posts in other threads, people are content with Fangio being a superior defensive coordinator while producing, at least at the moment, worse results overall by the team.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

LoL just why are we even talking about the Past? LOL VJ was no better than Josh McDummy. VJ week in week out would state we had a good week of practice only to get steamrolled every week. With Coach Fangio we have been in every game til the end. Coach Fangio will have more of his players after next years draft so I am sure the wins will follow. Remember it took Coach Fangio 3 years to build that Chicago Defense. Coach Fangio is by far superior to Vance. Do you all remember when Vance was the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for 1 year and during that year they had the worst ranked defense in the entire NFL so this thread is just comical.

Our defense has been pretty dominant. I never felt that with Vance. Vic is excelling at what we brought him for with less talent than Vance had. Not to mention the team completely quit on Vance.

Haven't we only lost 1 game by more than 1 score, too? I actually feel the tiniest bit of momentum that we're getting better (not much, but a little), with Vance it just felt like how far will we fall?

We just need some damn offensive linemen and a QB. I'm not kidding when I say we should draft a first round QB and 8 linemen in the draft. Let Lock and the new QB fight it out and, like, 20 linemen. We've got one good linemen now (Risner). McGovern might be good if he moved back to Guard. Get as many more as you can and some of them are bound to be decent.

The concept that Vance was anything but a horrible coach who brought this team down just goes to show the anger of losing has replaced critical thinking in some minds.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Vance isn't doing a horrible job up in Arizona, I'll give him that. On the other hand Vic has had a rough start, but I've seen flashes of how good the offense CAN be. Last year I saw almost nothing. Defensively they've improved since last season, which is Vics calling card, defense. Although another rough start the defense has kept Denver in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Judging by some of the posts in other threads, people are content with Fangio being a superior defensive coordinator while producing, at least at the moment, worse results overall by the team.
    Exactly, hey we go 2-14....but hell we had a top 5 def tho. Lol crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Exactly, hey we go 2-14....but hell we had a top 5 def tho. Lol crazy.
    VJ was in way over his head. Maybe he will do better in his second opportunity but the main difference in the coaches is players respect Fangio, not so much with VJ.

Also, last I checked, there are still 8 games on the schedule. I highly doubt they lose all 8 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    LoL just why are we even talking about the Past? LOL VJ was no better than Josh McDummy. VJ week in week out would state we had a good week of practice only to get steamrolled every week. With Coach Fangio we have been in every game til the end. Coach Fangio will have more of his players after next years draft so I am sure the wins will follow. Remember it took Coach Fangio 3 years to build that Chicago Defense. Coach Fangio is by far superior to Vance. Do you all remember when Vance was the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for 1 year and during that year they had the worst ranked defense in the entire NFL so this thread is just comical.
    Booooo he is not gonna get another mack. Bears def wasn't on the map until they got him. But one will go with what u said.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Our defense has been pretty dominant. I never felt that with Vance. Vic is excelling at what we brought him for with less talent than Vance had. Not to mention the team completely quit on Vance.

Haven't we only lost 1 game by more than 1 score, too? I actually feel the tiniest bit of momentum that we're getting better (not much, but a little), with Vance it just felt like how far will we fall?

We just need some damn offensive linemen and a QB. I'm not kidding when I say we should draft a first round QB and 8 linemen in the draft. Let Lock and the new QB fight it out and, like, 20 linemen. We've got one good linemen now (Risner). McGovern might be good if he moved back to Guard. Get as many more as you can and some of them are bound to be decent.
    Really when we go the first 4 or 5 games without a sack or TO....ok we will go with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    VJ was in way over his head. Maybe he will do better in his second opportunity but the main difference in the coaches is players respect Fangio, not so much with VJ.

Also, last I checked, there are still 8 games on the schedule. I highly doubt they lose all 8 of them.
    Ok we will see. Let us keep losing see how long that respect last.