Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    VJ completely mismanaged in game situations. I don't see that with Vic, not being aggressive is not the same. Vance would challenge or not challenge or call stupid momentum killing time-outs. Just like McDaniels Vance just wasn't ready for that role. Vic I think is just hindered by a bad Oline and an iMobile QB, hopefully that changes with some young legs back there
    ^This - Vance proved time and time again he was an incompetent head coach. I haven't gotten that sense from Vic yet, so while I'm not thrilled with the job he's done, I wouldn't even begin to compare him to VJ quite yet.
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Based on what evidence?
    Can't tell what's going on in the locker room currently but I can go off of the countless players over the past three decades who respect and hold Fangio in the highest regard as a coach. Where are you finding these statements from players about VJ?

Don't worry, I'll wait...
    Last edited by JW7; 10-31-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    LoL just why are we even talking about the Past? LOL VJ was no better than Josh McDummy. VJ week in week out would state we had a good week of practice only to get steamrolled every week. With Coach Fangio we have been in every game til the end. Coach Fangio will have more of his players after next years draft so I am sure the wins will follow. Remember it took Coach Fangio 3 years to build that Chicago Defense. Coach Fangio is by far superior to Vance. Do you all remember when Vance was the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for 1 year and during that year they had the worst ranked defense in the entire NFL so this thread is just comical.
    the defense was top with in 2 years we don't remember the first cause the offense underachieved so much. the bears had a top 10 defense in 2017

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Preach? A lot of people wanted to give VJ two years. It was clear after two years that the team needed to move in a different direction and you're out here after 8 games into Fangio's tenure complaining?
    A lot??? Ummmm really don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Can't tell what's going on in the locker room currently but I can go off of the countless players over the past three decades who respect and hold Fangio in the highest regard as a coach. Where are you finding these statements from players about VJ?

Don't worry, I'll wait...
    I want to know the evidence, specifically about the Broncos, not the past. I asked you about Fangio, not VJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I want to know the evidence, specifically about the Broncos, not the past. I asked you about Fangio, not VJ.
    Oh I'm sorry, I'll try and sneak into the facility this weekend and get the real scoop. I'll report back to you on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yet the cardinals has a better record and we are heading to our third str8 losing season. Go figure....Great head coaching Vic.
    Vance, is that you?

Vance shouldn't be leading anyone out of a paper bag let alone a franchise worth billions.

How in the world didn't we hire Kyle Shanahan ??? and we hired Vance Joseph?
    Somebody has to post that video with him and Pat Bowlen's son the "gangster" video!
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 11-01-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Vance didn't get a raw deal... Are there problems with this team that hindered him? Sure, but Vance Joseph's absolutely ineptitude was clear. He got exactly what he deserved.

He's not a good coach, he's not a good coordinator, he's an untalented clown that got thrust into a position he had no business being in.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    How in the world didn't we hire Kyle Shanahan ??? and we hired Vance Joseph?
    Somebody has to post that video with him and Pat Bowlen's son the "gangster" video!
    Shanahan won less games than VJ did in his first 2 years. If they had hired him, why would the Broncos not have fired him just like they did VJ? That would put them in the same situation as they are in now. John Lynch was also hired at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Exactly, hey we go 2-14....but hell we had a top 5 def tho. Lol crazy.
    Fangio doesn't call plays on offense, he didn't pick the qb, ECT... I'm absolutely willing to give fangio a pass for poor offense because his defense is performing well.

It's Elways job to find the right personel for the offense, since he didn't give fangio a say in that and he's failing miserably with flacco and our oc.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Shanahan won less games than VJ did in his first 2 years. If they had hired him, why would the Broncos not have fired him just like they did VJ? That would put them in the same situation as they are in now. John Lynch was also hired at that time.
    Yes, that's good information, but with the family ties that he has had with the Broncos organization you would think they would have gave him a shot?

I'm not sure that family ties qualifies a candidate. It had been ~7 years since his father had any ties with the Broncos anyway. He had not been a HC before, he was a part of a SB team which did delay his availability to accept a position. Why would he still be with the Broncos after his first 2 seasons? I would've been happy if they had hired Kyle, especially over VJ. I would've liked Kubiak to stay on as HC but that was not in the cards, Kubiak's health probably had the biggest influence on why the Broncos are struggling now, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Shanahan took over a team that had only won 7 games the previous 2 years combined and had the NFL’s worst defense. VJ took over a 9-7 team that had just won the Super Bowl the year before. I’m going to take a wild guess and say Shanahan would’ve had more success here the last 2 years than he did in San Francisco, as we’re seeing now what he’s capable or doing with a defense.