• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mainrnxile
    Starter
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah and there is more to a players' success than just being a good player, too. like having the best coach in sports. i would not take brady on my team at this point unless rivers was to retire then maybe for a year rental. wait a second *looks at chargers OL* nevermind, no i wouldn't, i would go with tyrod taylor instead.
    Who’d be interested in Brady is an interesting question. The local talk show here in Maine was discussing it yesterday afternoon. One of the hosts is a Jets fan who hates Brady, but holds BB in almost mythical status believes only the Chiefs and Packers wouldn’t be buyers. He believes Jerry Jones would do almost anything to have him QB the cowboys and Dallas would be perfect for TB.
    Obviously it’s just one guys opinion, but was interesting to hear the discussion team by team.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

This may be smack, but I am trying to look at this in an objective way. Rivers looks almost done. Brady is talking funny talk these days, and he and his trainer are both selling their homes. He and his wife have a Hollywood look about them.

Maybe he figures he has one more shot at doing something a bit different in football. Maybe he's tired of the system. He's done his part. And perhaps he can get a bigger payday, given what he would do to increase ticket sales.

And if not The Chargers....where else? I would say "warm" weather, really good team including Oline/Weapons. Coaching staff he respects.

I am quite sure he could easily find another landing spot if he wants a change.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
        Practice Squad
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        yeah and there is more to a players' success than just being a good player, too. like having the best coach in sports. i would not take brady on my team at this point unless rivers was to retire then maybe for a year rental. wait a second *looks at chargers OL* nevermind, no i wouldn't, i would go with tyrod taylor instead.
        Sure, Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, but he hasn't won any super bowls without Brady. Brady is a great leader and can read defenses better than any QB in the league. In short, his football IQ his high, unlike Rivers who can't win in the playoffs. There is little chance that Brady would go to a dumpster fire like the Chargers. It's like going from Park Avenue to a country shack.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• TommyBrady12
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          And if not The Chargers....where else?
          How about retirement?
          Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
            How about retirement?
            According to Adam Schefter, Retirement or going to another team were more likely than him remaining as a Pat.

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

According to Adam Schefter, Retirement or going to another team were more likely than him remaining as a Pat.
              Could he and Grease_lle afford to buy a football team?

I know she makes more than he and if they’re able to find a partner could they perhaps make a bid on an available team?

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                Practice Squad
                • Jan 2014

Adam Schefter has admitted he is just guessing. He doesn't have any sources that are feeding him this information.

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Adam Schefter has admitted he is just guessing. He doesn't have any sources that are feeding him this information.
                  Adam S is usually right. And he does not just yack for the sake of yacking.

Anyway...it's all speculation, so I do not expect Brady to leave or even retire until it actually happens.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jan 2014

Adam S is usually right. And he does not just yack for the sake of yacking.

Anyway...it's all speculation, so I do not expect Brady to leave or even retire until it actually happens.
                    He's usually right when his sources tell him something. In this case he has admitted he was just speculating...

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

He's usually right when his sources tell him something. In this case he has admitted he was just speculating...
                      But you know what....a week ago I would have said this was nonsense. But based on this and other reading/observation, I actually think there's a reasonable chance he does not wear a Pats' uniform next year.

Then who's your QB?

Comment

• obi-groo
                        Practice Squad
                        • Aug 2013

But you know what....a week ago I would have said this was nonsense. But based on this and other reading/observation, I actually think there's a reasonable chance he does not wear a Pats' uniform next year.

Then who's your QB?
                        Their next QB is Jeff George.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                          Makes sense....maybe Rivers.

Comment

• jazzbodog
                            Football Immortal
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                            What about Drew Bledsoe or Matt Cassel?
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Or what about Jimmy G....oh wait, he's 8 and 0 with SF! Lots of great years ahead. Could have been "the next one" in NE.

Comment

• Three peat
                                Practice Squad
                                • Jan 2006

This may be smack, but I am trying to look at this in an objective way. Rivers looks almost done. Brady is talking funny talk these days, and he and his trainer are both selling their homes. He and his wife have a Hollywood look about them.

Maybe he figures he has one more shot at doing something a bit different in football. Maybe he's tired of the system. He's done his part. And perhaps he can get a bigger payday, given what he would do to increase ticket sales.

And if not The Chargers....where else? I would say "warm" weather, really good team including Oline/Weapons. Coaching staff he respects.

I am quite sure he could easily find another landing spot if he wants a change.

The scuttle butt Is that he and his wife have been scouting homes in Connecticut and have found one but will not buy until Ma. Home is sold. The trainer did sell his home but bought another one in Plymouth Ma.

Comment

Working...
                                X