Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Indeed indeed
    Right on Rap!!!!
    We got a win homie!!!! Against the media darling Browns!
    Was it just me or did Rich Gannon sound like he was a Cleveland homer all broadcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I still want Lock to get onto the field this season. If Allen can produce and look good doing so Elway might actually finally have some legit options at QB. Hopefully some other team would be willing to trade for one of our young guns
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

I do not care which Qbs but another one needs to play for it to happen

It was great to get a win and Allen exceeded expectations for his first start. We canít get ahead of ourselves with him. Siemian opened his second season and the Denver media was talking about offering him a franchise contract. If he continues playing well then great.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Like I said, Cowturd's an idiot.

I want to see Allen keep starting. If he can prove to be THE guy, it doesn't matter what Lock can do.

Keep playing the hot hand, coach.
    We had 13 first downs and our top was under 24 minutes. But at least he gets the ball out fast. Heís a much better fit for our offense than a quarterback who takes deep drops, holds the ball for 3-4 seconds and doesnít climb the ladder

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    It was great to get a win and Allen exceeded expectations for his first start. We canít get ahead of ourselves with him. Siemian opened his second season and the Denver media was talking about offering him a franchise contract. If he continues playing well then great.
    I think bronco fans especially the ones who still support Elway are just happy with the win

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post

I do not care which Qbs but another one needs to play for it to happen
    Not named Joe.....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We had 13 first downs and our top was under 24 minutes. But at least he gets the ball out fast. He’s a much better fit for our offense than a quarterback who takes deep drops, holds the ball for 3-4 seconds and doesn’t climb the ladder
    We scored as much as we have all season and it felt good but you are right there were some issues.

IMO a lot of players do not do multiple small things needed to be done in order for an offense to be successful. Some people can be coached up and some need to be replaced. Only the coaches really know who is who.

My post game thoughts on just Allen.

Pro:
    - can move around in the pocket to extend plays.
    - bootleg can finally be established and was used well in the gm
    - took what the D gave him and made some nice throws (ex: Fant when double covered on the right side).
    - wasn't afraid to go deep and sometimes threw a 50/50 ball and let our big man( sutton) a chance.
    - didn't turn the ball over
    -loved the loud snap count. Not sure why Flacco never did this at home.

Con:
    -while the stats don't tell the whole story. He was 12/20 193 yards 2tds and more that half the yards were on two plays in the first.
    - threw the ball behind the receiver a few times.

He played a good game for his first ever start and I don't want to take anything away from him but I also dont want to overhype him either. First gm is out of the way. I fully expect him to improve next gm

I'm happy about Allen but there's the elephant in the room. If Allen starts the next game and he has a better performance that's good but people have been clamoring about starting Lock to see what he has. Even if we split starts is that enough games to get an idea? I hope to just avoid another QB controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    My post game thoughts on just Allen.

Pro:
    - can move around in the pocket to extend plays.
    - bootleg can finally be established and was used well in the gm
    - took what the D gave him and made some nice throws (ex: Fant when double covered on the right side).
    - wasn't afraid to go deep and sometimes threw a 50/50 ball and let our big man( sutton) a chance.
    - didn't turn the ball over
    -loved the loud snap count. Not sure why Flacco never did this at home.

Con:
    -while the stats don't tell the whole story. He was 12/20 193 yards 2tds and more that half the yards were on two plays in the first.
    - threw the ball behind the receiver a few times.

He played a good game for his first ever start and I don't want to take anything away from him but I also dont want to overhype him either. First gm is out of the way. I fully expect him to improve next gm
    Nice post.

The touch pass on the rollout when he connected on the sideline (canít remember which receiver) - that was a sweet pass.

Despite the offense scoring more than average

Despite having a mobile qb who has great pocket awareness, moves well and can take off

We still stalled out again w score two quick tds and then a late fg but the offense was again stagnant in the second and early third quarter

But all in all it was a solid game

I didn't get to watch most of the game, but what I saw was definitely encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by swingarm View Post
    I'm happy about Allen but there's the elephant in the room. If Allen starts the next game and he has a better performance that's good but people have been clamoring about starting Lock to see what he has. Even if we split starts is that enough games to get an idea? I hope to just avoid another QB controversy.
    If Allen keeps playing well and we keep winning, it doesn't matter what we do with Lock. Controversy will only come if Allen doesn't play well. Best case scenario for Denver right now is to see Allen continuing to improve each week. We need a QB to take the role of THE guy in Denver. If that guy is Allen, then Lock is no longer a factor for us.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Donít get to watch our games but that was fun, based on your comments. Way to go posters from Broncos Country.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Despite the offense scoring more than average

Despite having a mobile qb who has great pocket awareness, moves well and can take off

We still stalled out again w score two quick tds and then a late fg but the offense was again stagnant in the second and early third quarter

But all in all it was a solid game
    After the 2018 season imo our offense had more problems than could be realistically fixed in 1 year. Even on "good" days we are going to see issues.