Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

QB Brandon Allen

Lets talk about Brandon Allenís upcoming 1st NFL Start! What are your expectations and what happens if he exceeds them or does not meet them? I know that he has been in the league for a Few Years I know that Denver got him off the LA Rams Practice Squad However I do not know anything about his College Play like was he a Four Year Player? I do know that he is focused and has been preparing for This Day for a Long Long time and I am excited for what he can bring to this Position. What if he plays lights out? Then does Denver really have to Rush Lock? What I do know is that Brandon Allen can play no worse that what Joe has been doing so all signs point upward since I do not think Denver has been this Low in the QB Position other than when Denver had Case or Kyle Orton LoL.

Complete unknown. Could be Kyle Allen, could be Paxton Lynch. Even looks like Lynch a little bit. Excited it's not Flacco, but pretty lukewarm on Allen.

Excited for this upcoming game. If he is outstanding and helps in a big win we once again have a QB controversy. How do they deal with Lock ?

If he turns out to be average, The time frame for Lock to return is key and they might as well evaluate him for the starting job.

Worst case scenario they both Flop and we draft another next year.

At least Allen has a good match up as the Browns defense is worst than all but 5 teams.

I wish him the best. From what little tape I have seen on him, he's definitely more mobile than Flacco and should be able to do a lot of roll out plays and excape pass rushers. Hopefully, he gets rid of the ball quicker than Flacco. If he can help lead us to victory ov er Cleveland that would be awesome. coring more than 24 points would be awesome as well.

I looked up some stuff back when the Broncos picked up Brandon off waivers when the Rams cut him on the final cut. Brandon played at Arkansas, 3 year starter... he did improve each year in 2015 as a Sr. he threw for 30TDs and 8ints, 66% completion, 9.3yds per pass attempt (which is OK/good for college standards), over 3400yds passing, 166.5 rating - good. Playing in the SEC he had some relatively tough opponents... finished the season 7-5 beating #9 LSU, against #19, Ol Miss he set an Arkansas record 6TD passes in a 53-52 win, they beat Kansas St in the Liberty Bowl 45-23 to finish 8-5. In 2014 Brandon was the offensive MVP in the Texas Bowl beating Texas 31-7. Said to be "comfortable" under center, good placement on intermediate routes, he has been compared to, Case Keenum and doesn't have big hands ... Allen has a quick release, an NFL arm, solid accuracy and good mobility. He is not a running QB though, averaging just 1yd per carry in his college career, but he did run for a game winning 2 point conversion in that game against Ole Miss.
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 10-31-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Anything could happen but I'm not optimistic.

Something like 200 yards, 1 td, and probably 2 or 3 interceptions.

We should all expect a loss, realistically. Flacco was not a good QB, but Allen is likely worse.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Excited for this upcoming game. If he is outstanding and helps in a big win we once again have a QB controversy. How do they deal with Lock ?

If he turns out to be average, The time frame for Lock to return is key and they might as well evaluate him for the starting job.

At least Allen has a good match up as the Browns defense is worst than all but 5 teams.
    If we land in the top 5, I think we take a QB no matter how well Allen, Rypien, or Lock play.
    If we land up in the top 10, then I think we roll with Lock and Rypien and draft an offensive Linemen/Tackle.

You have covered the main outcomes well.

What are our individual responsibilities as fans
    to support the natural progression of securing
    a franchise QB given the complexity of the game?

Iíll be rooting for him like I do every QB who starts for this team. Allen has no film on him so hopefully he can take advantage of the unknown.

Ditto above.

But odds are Allen isnít our answer. We need to see Lock so we can either draft an early 1st round QB or a LT next year. If Lock looks ok, draft a 2nd round QB or trade up for a late 1st round QB And create competition.

This team would welcome a QB controversy with open arms compared to whatever now is.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

We will finish 10-6 or 9-7. Our coaching staff including Scang are legit. 2-6 is what happens when you put a sitting duck without pocket presence behind our crappy o-line. Beside the KC game, we were in position to win all of the other games including GB.

Just happy Flacco isn't starting.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    We will finish 10-6 or 9-7
    I can't imagine actually believing something like that. Fascinating.

Flacco was bad, Allen is likely significantly, significantly worse.

It is far more likely we end up 2-14 than 10-6.

I'm hoping that Brandon surprises us all ... in a positive way. At this point, I don't think win/loss record matters much, they are not making the playoffs but it would be funner to watch them win opposed to losing.