Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Arkansas Razorbacks fan here. We don't have much to be excited about these days, so we're very excited to see Brandon get his shot and perform well. He carried us on his shoulders during his time at Arkansas. Hope he keeps it up for y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhog View Post
    Arkansas Razorbacks fan here. We don't have much to be excited about these days, so we're very excited to see Brandon get his shot and perform well. He carried us on his shoulders during his time at Arkansas. Hope he keeps it up for y'all!
    Welcome to the board!

We havenít had much to be excited about - Brandon Allen is a nice change of pace. Just last week I was on the beltway around D.C. and saw a pristine red coach bus with a Razorback logo on the back - proud fan!

I went back and watched film of him. Feel free to pass along insights on his play.

Welcome to the forum. Brandon Allen has shown to be a hard worker. I hope he finds success here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Welcome to the board!

We haven’t had much to be excited about - Brandon Allen is a nice change of pace. Just last week I was on the beltway around D.C. and saw a pristine red coach bus with a Razorback logo on the back - proud fan!

I went back and watched film of him. Feel free to pass along insights on his play.

Hard to translate what he does from college to the NFL, but when he was at Arkansas, he was very risk-averse. He simply does not turn the ball over very much. His last two years as a Hog, he threw 50 TDs and 13 INTs. He's quick to throw the ball away (sometimes too quick), but he does a wonderful job of protecting the ball. Another thing is that he got consistently better every year. He's a football junkie and is a really hard worker. He's a coach's son. His dad Bobby was a Razorback assistant for a long time and still has an administrative role there.

He's sneaky fast, too, and not afraid to pick up yards with his legs.

I'm not going to say that he'll be your franchise QB or anything, because the league is full of backups that were college heroes, but he'll work his ass off for you and do whatever it takes to help the team. I really hope he works out for y'all.

Welcome to the board!
    You might enjoy watching the '15 Ole Miss game. They were a top ten team, and BA went bananas on them. One of the greatest football games I've ever seen, period. The 4th and 25 at the end of the game with Hunter Henry and Alex Collins is still legend 'round these parts.
    Last edited by Wildhog; 11-07-2019 at 09:08 AM.

You might enjoy watching the '15 Ole Miss game. They were a top ten team, and BA went bananas on them. One of the greatest football games I've ever seen, period. The 4th and 23 at the end of the game with Hunter Henry and Alex Collins is still legend 'round these parts.
    I watched the highlight game - wow what a game. That was the year Ole Miss with Chad Kelly beat Bama. The 4th down play was amazing. Two things stood out, his accuracy passing on the move and looked comfortable in the pocket. He made an incredible throw scrambling to the right when it looked like he was going out of bounds. Heís also good with squaring his hips when moving to the left. I might take some heat for saying this, but he reminds me of Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. Wilson is more stout but the way Allen makes plays reminds me of him. In another thread I thought he played like Chad Kelly but I think he looks more like Wilson.

I am not ready to anoint BA as the Next Great QB for Denver just yet. I like a few in here want to see a complete body of work not just one game. I say that you let BA play til then end of the year and evaluate after or you can play him the next 3 games then play Drew and see what you got and if it is BA then you roll with BA as the starter in 2020.

SI analysis of the 3 sacks:

Evaluating How Broncos QB Brandon Allen Performed Under Pass-Rush Pressure
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/film/...rush-pressure/

1. Wilkinson wasnít perfect but there was an open lane to run. Hopefully heíll see more open lanes with experience.

2. Bolles gave up ground to the inside vs keeping the rusher outside.

3. Freeman missed his assignment. Freeman struggles in pass protection.

For his first start he did pretty well especially protecting the ball. I think Janovich and Booker should see more snaps in pass protection.

Zach Schomler from Strong Opinion Sports does a pretty good job breaking down Brandon Allen's plays. I thought for a first game ever Allen did ok, but there were definitely areas he needed to improve on, such as scanning the whole field and not locking onto his first read.

Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Zach Schomler from Strong Opinion Sports does a pretty good job breaking down Brandon Allen's plays. I thought for a first game ever Allen did ok, but there were definitely areas he needed to improve on, such as scanning the whole field and not locking onto his first read.
    After the game BA said he missed a few early throws from being hyped up. He knew the pass to Sutton was inside and a bit short as soon as it left his hand. Going to the first read might have been the goal for his first start. Looked like some plays were run to let him get the ball out fast. Maybe with more snaps the game will slow down a little to go through his reads. Scangarello might give him plays to work one half of the field. Getting practice with Sutton, Fant and others should help with timing. The also need to think about moving Booker over Freeman, or use Jano in pass protection. Freeman isnít getting it done consistently.

I watched the highlight game - wow what a game. That was the year Ole Miss with Chad Kelly beat Bama. The 4th down play was amazing. Two things stood out, his accuracy passing on the move and looked comfortable in the pocket. He made an incredible throw scrambling to the right when it looked like he was going out of bounds. Heís also good with squaring his hips when moving to the left. I might take some heat for saying this, but he reminds me of Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. Wilson is more stout but the way Allen makes plays reminds me of him. In another thread I thought he played like Chad Kelly but I think he looks more like Wilson.
    I was very high on Allen when he came out for the draft and had him pegged as 3rd round pick that could excel in this type of offense. But arm strength concerns and hand size (heís the guy that got hand massages to increase their size) really dropped his stock. Followed him a bit in preseason and he never looked nearly as good as he did in college and I was thoroughly unimpressed this preseason when we played him. So my expecting dropped when we signed him but he has potential

Just watched Allen and Ole Miss in a shootout on YouTube.
    The kid has moxy, pocket presence, smarts, mechanics, good speed and ball skills.
    He reminds me of a turbo charged Kyle Sloter, who should have never been able to leave........John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWzUX3FweU

Hard to translate what he does from college to the NFL, but when he was at Arkansas, he was very risk-averse. He simply does not turn the ball over very much. His last two years as a Hog, he threw 50 TDs and 13 INTs. He's quick to throw the ball away (sometimes too quick), but he does a wonderful job of protecting the ball. Another thing is that he got consistently better every year. He's a football junkie and is a really hard worker. He's a coach's son. His dad Bobby was a Razorback assistant for a long time and still has an administrative role there.

He's sneaky fast, too, and not afraid to pick up yards with his legs.

I'm not going to say that he'll be your franchise QB or anything, because the league is full of backups that were college heroes, but he'll work his ass off for you and do whatever it takes to help the team. I really hope he works out for y'all.
    Thanks for the insights. Hopefully with more reps and work with the receivers the timing will improve. With Denverís defense he doesnít need to have 300+ yards a game. If he protects the ball and increases red zone efficiency then weíll have a shot at winning more games. Even if he finds a home as a solid backup that would be a win. I hope he does well as he seems like a great guy to have on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    Just watched Allen and Ole Miss in a shootout on YouTube.
    The kid has moxy, pocket presence, smarts, mechanics, good speed and ball skills.
    He reminds me of a turbo charged Kyle Sloter, who should have never been able to leave........John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWzUX3FweU
    Well you may have a point , they both were on a ps.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I was very high on Allen when he came out for the draft and had him pegged as 3rd round pick that could excel in this type of offense. But arm strength concerns and hand size (heís the guy that got hand massages to increase their size) really dropped his stock. Followed him a bit in preseason and he never looked nearly as good as he did in college and I was thoroughly unimpressed this preseason when we played him. So my expecting dropped when we signed him but he has potential
    Iím keeping expectations in check because we only have one game to go by. I think we need to move Booker over Freeman especially for pass protection, or use Jano. It should help having Fumagalli and Fant as targets. If Scangarello can find plays to leverage BAís strengths he should give the offense a chance. Weíre so used to seeing poor play from quarterbacks it was nice to see anything positive.