Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Iím keeping expectations in check because we only have one game to go by. I think we need to move Booker over Freeman especially for pass protection, or use Jano. It should help having Fumagalli and Fant as targets. If Scangarello can find plays to leverage BAís strengths he should give the offense a chance. Weíre so used to seeing poor play from quarterbacks it was nice to see anything positive.
    I was just happy we threw more slant routes. Anything that gets the ball in Suttonís hands is a good thing for us. Heís been a monster after the catch and making tough catches in traffic. Hopefully Tim Patrick can step in opposite of him and make some plays because were going to need a 2nd option while Fant struggles with consistency issues and Sutton starts to garner more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I was just happy we threw more slant routes. Anything that gets the ball in Suttonís hands is a good thing for us. Heís been a monster after the catch and making tough catches in traffic. Hopefully Tim Patrick can step in opposite of him and make some plays because were going to need a 2nd option while Fant struggles with consistency issues and Sutton starts to garner more attention.
    Agreed. Hopefully Fumagalli will stay healthy and provide another option.

Iím keeping expectations in check because we only have one game to go by. I think we need to move Booker over Freeman especially for pass protection, or use Jano. It should help having Fumagalli and Fant as targets. If Scangarello can find plays to leverage BAís strengths he should give the offense a chance. Weíre so used to seeing poor play from quarterbacks it was nice to see anything positive.
    I agree on booker, I like Royce motor running the ball, but he misses way to many blocks in pass protection

Agreed. Hopefully Fumagalli will stay healthy and provide another option.
    Fumagalli is nice, I think heís going to be a very solid dependable TE for a long time. Maybe not dynamic but something like a Jack Doyle or Cameron Brate type of player.

I think Allen deserves at least a couple more games against stronger teams to see how he does.
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I agree on booker, I like Royce motor running the ball, but he misses way to many blocks in pass protection
    Iím not sure what the issue is with Booker on pass protection. Maybe heís not good at reading how a defense is disguising blitzes.

Iím not sure what the issue is with Booker on pass protection. Maybe heís not good at reading how a defense is disguising blitzes.
    I thought booker was very good at passpro

Royce misses a ton of blocks he is supposed to get, but then putting in booker to pass block would be a tell since he hardly plays

Royce misses a ton of blocks he is supposed to get, but then putting in booker to pass block would be a tell since he hardly plays
    Heís also probably our best overall receiving back in terms of catching and route running. I thought he showed a lot of improvement in a limited sample size last season as well, didnít look too shabby on his kick return either

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Heís also probably our best overall receiving back in terms of catching and route running. I thought he showed a lot of improvement in a limited sample size last season as well, didnít look too shabby on his kick return either
    My mistake, mixed up Freeman and Booker...Freeman seems to struggle reading blitzers and misses too many blocks. I think Booker should be moved to #2. Was it the game vs Browns or Indy that Booker had a nice reception with YAC?