Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 136 to 144 of 144
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Iím keeping expectations in check because we only have one game to go by. I think we need to move Booker over Freeman especially for pass protection, or use Jano. It should help having Fumagalli and Fant as targets. If Scangarello can find plays to leverage BAís strengths he should give the offense a chance. Weíre so used to seeing poor play from quarterbacks it was nice to see anything positive.
    I was just happy we threw more slant routes. Anything that gets the ball in Suttonís hands is a good thing for us. Heís been a monster after the catch and making tough catches in traffic. Hopefully Tim Patrick can step in opposite of him and make some plays because were going to need a 2nd option while Fant struggles with consistency issues and Sutton starts to garner more attention.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I was just happy we threw more slant routes. Anything that gets the ball in Suttonís hands is a good thing for us. Heís been a monster after the catch and making tough catches in traffic. Hopefully Tim Patrick can step in opposite of him and make some plays because were going to need a 2nd option while Fant struggles with consistency issues and Sutton starts to garner more attention.
    Agreed. Hopefully Fumagalli will stay healthy and provide another option.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Iím keeping expectations in check because we only have one game to go by. I think we need to move Booker over Freeman especially for pass protection, or use Jano. It should help having Fumagalli and Fant as targets. If Scangarello can find plays to leverage BAís strengths he should give the offense a chance. Weíre so used to seeing poor play from quarterbacks it was nice to see anything positive.
    I agree on booker, I like Royce motor running the ball, but he misses way to many blocks in pass protection

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully Fumagalli will stay healthy and provide another option.
    Fumagalli is nice, I think heís going to be a very solid dependable TE for a long time. Maybe not dynamic but something like a Jack Doyle or Cameron Brate type of player.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    109
    I think Allen deserves at least a couple more games against stronger teams to see how he does.
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I agree on booker, I like Royce motor running the ball, but he misses way to many blocks in pass protection
    Iím not sure what the issue is with Booker on pass protection. Maybe heís not good at reading how a defense is disguising blitzes.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Iím not sure what the issue is with Booker on pass protection. Maybe heís not good at reading how a defense is disguising blitzes.
    I thought booker was very good at passpro

    Royce misses a ton of blocks he is supposed to get, but then putting in booker to pass block would be a tell since he hardly plays

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,746
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I thought booker was very good at passpro

    Royce misses a ton of blocks he is supposed to get, but then putting in booker to pass block would be a tell since he hardly plays
    Heís also probably our best overall receiving back in terms of catching and route running. I thought he showed a lot of improvement in a limited sample size last season as well, didnít look too shabby on his kick return either

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I thought booker was very good at passpro

    Royce misses a ton of blocks he is supposed to get, but then putting in booker to pass block would be a tell since he hardly plays
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Heís also probably our best overall receiving back in terms of catching and route running. I thought he showed a lot of improvement in a limited sample size last season as well, didnít look too shabby on his kick return either
    My mistake, mixed up Freeman and Booker...Freeman seems to struggle reading blitzers and misses too many blocks. I think Booker should be moved to #2. Was it the game vs Browns or Indy that Booker had a nice reception with YAC?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •