Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I'm hoping that Brandon surprises us all ... in a positive way. At this point, I don't think win/loss record matters much, they are not making the playoffs but it would be funner to watch them win opposed to losing.

From Von ...
    "Quarterbacks break out every year, because it's the National Football League," Miller said Thursday, via the Denver Post. "Everybody here has talent, it doesn't matter the string, and everybody's been 'the man' at some point. They just have to harness that energy.

"Gardner Minshew, no one knew he was going to have the type of year he's having right now, but he got a chance and he took advantage of it. I'm hoping for some of the same magic to happen with Brandon."

Now of course he is hoping too. It is still good to hear the positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    We will finish 10-6 or 9-7. Our coaching staff including Scang are legit. 2-6 is what happens when you put a sitting duck without pocket presence behind our crappy o-line. Beside the KC game, we were in position to win all of the other games including GB.
    Thatís some great optimism right there but who is catching the ball from Allen other than Sutton?

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    We will finish 10-6 or 9-7. Our coaching staff including Scang are legit. 2-6 is what happens when you put a sitting duck without pocket presence behind our crappy o-line. Beside the KC game, we were in position to win all of the other games including GB.
    Sing it, brother. I've seen too much negativity around here lately. This post is a breath of fresh air.

Here is a 9 min video of his college highlights at Arkansas.
    Heres what I see from it;

Played in pro style system.
    Good pocket awareness and movement, dosnt "lock on" to one receiver when feeling pressure, still able to follow progressions under duress.
    Has decent footwork/foot placement keeping COG mostly even when moving within the pocket.
    Has the ability to scramble and will.
    Decent accuracy and power, there are a few passes in here that are on a rope.

His oline in Arkansas is significantly better that what the Broncos currently have, this could negate everything he has going for him.
    I think he is potentially better than Lynch, Keenum, Osweiler, Siemian, Kelly (maybe even Flacco and Orton because they are statues)

He will make mistakes in the faster paced, non pre-season games but hopefully will learn on the fly. If anything it should at least be more entertaining than what weve seen!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKTna3VadE
    AMPIPE

The unknown is always exciting. I agree with what Von Miller said, that anyone can break out, given the right opportunity, put in the right system, etc....you just never know. There's reason to be optimistic and hopeful, in that regard.

Now, the less optimistic side of my brain is telling me Allen's stats for this Sunday will end up being something like 109 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT.

He has very few receivers to throw to, and of course, well....our joke of an offensive line. Hope he scrambles well. I suspect the Browns will prioritize stopping the run, forcing Allen to make the throws to win. We shall see?!

If you thought Denvers offense was Conservative under Flacco, you haven't seen anything yet. Scangarello is gonna run the crap out of the ball and you are gonna see alot more 3rd and five, run up the middle calls. Fangio is gonna lean heavily on the D to win from here on out.

Colin Cowherd said the Browns are going to blow out the Broncos this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    There's a reason people call Cowherd "Cowturd." He's an idiot.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    There's a reason people call Cowherd "Cowturd." He's an idiot.
    thats a FACT!!
    AMPIPE

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    If you thought Denvers offense was Conservative under Flacco, you haven't seen anything yet. Scangarello is gonna run the crap out of the ball and you are gonna see alot more 3rd and five, run up the middle calls. Fangio is gonna lean heavily on the D to win from here on out.
    That won't work for long. Allen is going to have to prove he can take the top off of the defense. We can't run on every down. Hopefully, Allen can convert some early 3rd downs so Scangarello can get some confidence in the kid.

A QB change is the best possible thing that could happen to this team. We can finally see the OC spread his wings and use a young QB that has actual physical skills. Will be interesting to see how this offense runs with a QB that isn't a statue waiting to get hit. Hopefully, Allen is ready to get out there and make some quick, smart decisions.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

LOl. He is not good.

At haltime I predict these will be his stats
    4/14 37 yards, 2int, 1 sack fumble. We do not cross mid field.

He is an unknown and that is exciting but he is not very good. Do you think Brandstater playing would be good? No? Neither is he.

We will likely get shut out this game. We will get curb stomped, which is okay, we need lock to play and the lower pick, but make no mistake Allen is not a good QB. We will have a much worse offense with him in there. As much as flacco sucks, this guy is way way way way way way worse.

Ultimately I will have him at 120 yards, 4 ints, 1 fumble- 0 points.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Cowherd is an idiot. Nothing more to say.

Sounds good to me

he said that about the titans to and we saw how that end up

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

can't blame him for thinking that.......... our #1 QB is out and we were bad with him ...... so simple logic would say things would get worse

.....team chemistry just isn't that simple.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese