Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Colin Cowherd said the Browns are going to blow out the Broncos this weekend.
    That's a surprise considering CC is one of the biggest Browns haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Makes sense from Coward's perspective to feel that way. But despite having a top 10 defense, our #1 QB was so effective leading the offense, the Broncos at 2-6. We've been blown out only once this season, and that was against the best offense in the league. Unless Allen completely blows on Sunday, a Browns blowout is a stretch.
    The realistic expectation is that Allen is significantly worse than Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I am at least a little excited to see what happens Sunday...it might die quickly ... but excitement is a good thing..
    I'm always excited for the games, even when I'm sure we will lose. While I don't like losing, I enjoy the banter and discussion that follows.

Ummm, yea. This is pretty much a preseason game from the Broncos' perspective - trot a 27 year old 6th round journeyman QB out there who you signed after the last round of preseason cuts. Why wouldn't you do that instead of starting your 2nd round QB with the highest potential for greatness? Oh yea, because you put him on IR so you could sign Corey Nelson during the preseason.

There is a glimmer of hope...

https://youtu.be/5-GUMLeTfBc
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I'm always excited for the games, even when I'm sure we will lose. While I don't like losing, I enjoy the banter and discussion that follows.
    Yeah, this place is deader than Flacco’s career after wins, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Ummm, yea. This is pretty much a preseason game from the Broncos' perspective - trot a 27 year old 6th round journeyman QB out there who you signed after the last round of preseason cuts. Why wouldn't you do that instead of starting your 2nd round QB with the highest potential for greatness? Oh yea, because you put him on IR so you could sign Corey Nelson during the preseason.
    ...and now Nelson is on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The realistic expectation is that Allen is significantly worse than Flacco.
    The offense is converting less than 30% of their 3rd downs and scoring 16 ppg. Realistically, it is very difficult to be significantly worse than that.

We're at the bottom of the barrel. We really can't go much lower. It's possible, even likely, that Allen is spectacularly awful. But our offense was already awful with Flacco, so any regression from the QB spot is just going to keep us right where we are anyway.

Brandon is playing with zero expectation, so maybe he goes out there with nothing to lose and lights it up. Then again, he'll be playing in his first ever regular season game; he has everything to gain, and the pressure to prove he belongs might get to him. Point is none of us know how he's going to play until he goes out and shows us how he plays.

Until he shows what he can do when games matter, I choose to remain optimistic that he'll make the plays an NFL QB is expected to make.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 11-02-2019 at 08:26 AM.

I haven't seen many high expectations on Allen, but kind of excited to see someone else at QB. I hope he goes out there and does something special, but I don't see him doing much behind the same O-line that killed Flacco.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Absolutely great game from Allen today, congrats!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    There's a reason people call Cowherd "Cowturd." He's an idiot.
    Like I said, Cowturd's an idiot.

I want to see Allen keep starting. If he can prove to be THE guy, it doesn't matter what Lock can do.

Keep playing the hot hand, coach.

I still want Lock to get onto the field this season. If Allen can produce and look good doing so Elway might actually finally have some legit options at QB. Hopefully some other team would be willing to trade for one of our young guns

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Allen wasn’t in Broncos camp but he has been in camps and preseason for four seasons. He is comfortable under center and plays best with bootlegs and rollouts, which fits with Scangarello’s offense (Flacco wasn’t suited for the offense). He can make all the throws and has a quick release. He reminds me of Chad Kelly. I believe he’ll play better than most fans anticipate.
    Nice job B. Allen...liked the touch on the rollout.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I still want Lock to get onto the field this season. If Allen can produce and look good doing so Elway might actually finally have some legit options at QB. Hopefully some other team would be willing to trade for one of our young guns
    I agree.....open up your options. Allen has one win under his belt, and congratz to him. But one game is not a good sample size. But if he has some potential as a starter, why not load up and see if we have potentially 2 starters? It would be foolish to waste that opportunity. This is a perfect season to test what we have.

Lets be honest, Cleveland kinda sucks. Fant's TD was horrendous tackling. BUT, lets give kudos to the young QB, and those who supported him.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I think scrangrello gets creative, allen allows movement, his ablility allows the him to escape or avoid would be sacks

and with a focus on running the ball I think he can do enough to win...if the defense balls out
    Indeed indeed