Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Half way through the season early mock draft.

First up, we go ahead and release Flaco and sign Bridgewater.
    Why Bridgewater ? He has had success and is healthy.
    He has looked really good backing up Brees this year and
    I have a feeling he's very capable to lead a team after all he's been through.
    Now for the draft at the 6th spot and 3 QB's will go off before we start.
    I went just the first 4 rounds.
    We go big for O linemen getting 3 monsters form Georgia and Missouri..
    We also bolster the secondary with 2 promising DB's a good WR and DL help.
    All of these pics would be able to contribute next year.

1) Andrew Thomas, OT, 6'5", 320 lbs,Georgia.
    2) Solomon Kindley, OG, 6'4"330 lbs Georgia.
    3a) Jeff Gladney, CB, 6', 190 lbs TCU.
    3b) KJ Hill, WR, 6' 200 lbs, Ohio St.
    3c) Hasmah Nasirildeen, S, 6'4" 220 lbs, FSU.
    4a) Justin Madubuike, DL, 6'3", 310 lbs, Tex A&M.
    4b) Yasir Durant, OG, 6'7", 330 lbs, Missouri.

You are about to get blasted for mentioning Teddy name lol. Watch the comments soon to follow.

Didn't Bridgewater sign a 3 year contact extension with the Saints?

Teddy is an accurate quarterback who would be an upgrade here based off recent samples we have seen. However, Elway cannot again justify a veteran re-tread, he just can't. On the rest of it, I like double dipping at offensive line in the first 2 rounds, I have wanted to do that for the past 4 years I think. Also, we are going to be thin at cornerback when Harris hopefully leaves and gains us a future compensatory pick, so I like that too. Safety and defensive line help in the middle rounds is solid as well, so overall, I like the positional picks you have made at this point. I would honestly love for Elway to fully commit to a youth movement, draft like this, and just go into next season playing a whole heap of young guys. I think it would fast track the development of players taking on the struggles in the short-term, in the hope for prosperity in the long.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    Didn't Bridgewater sign a 3 year contact extension with the Saints?
    He is a free agent in 2020 I believe. He will probably command more than Flaco.
    As for being a retread, he's only 26. So, I got to think he has a lot in the tank and
    he is right in the range of maturity where most good QB's hit their stride.

I wish we would have had Teddy this season....he would be the perfect bridge, while seriously competing for the position. What he has done for The Saints this season can not be overlooked. In fact, til Brees returned, I thought Bridgewater was worthy of early season MVP consideration.

I don't mind the path you have taken in your draft....as long as we find an ILB in FA. Otherwise I would look for one within the first 3 rounds.

Love the picks but I'm in agreement with the others about another veteran bridge Qb. I would have preferred Teddy over Flacco this year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Love the picks but I'm in agreement with the others about another veteran bridge Qb. I would have preferred Teddy over Flacco this year for sure.
    Shouldn't we have known better.....I mean Teddy's name contains the very thing we are looking for!!!

At this point, I think Herbert looks like Lock, Fromm looks "iffy" as a 1st rounder. Not commenting so far on the OP post... yet. I was for Bridgewater over Keenum so, in my eyes that train has left the station... he probably will cost a lot now and was ~6M the year we went with Keenum... of course hindsight, as they say is 20-20.
    I think the Broncos should go with an OT ... yes Georgia's guy looks good but who knows once it is time to draft? Depends on what happens with CHJ and who is actually there when the Broncos draft but an OL or a CB seem to be the priorities at this time... still you have to always consider who the best football player is. Even if they retain CHJ they need to prioritize the CB position, maybe in the 2nd round, definitely by the 3rd round and another OL in the 3rd ... hard to say who at this time. 3 picks in the 3rd need to be focused on need, IMO.
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 11-02-2019 at 05:51 PM.

As far as an ILB in the draft... the Broncos have had a great defense without spending high draft picks on ILBs and that is still the case ... Alexander Johnson. I'm not saying ignore the position but it does not need to be a priority ... IMO
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 11-03-2019 at 06:34 AM.

I think we need a qb some where in this draft. We are so talent depraved there we need a back up qb and maybe a starter

I like the focus on beefing up our offensive line early in the draft.

At this point, if we donít come away with Andrew Thomas, Jeffery Okudah, or Tristan Wirfs in the first round I would be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I like the focus on beefing up our offensive line early in the draft.

At this point, if we don’t come away with Andrew Thomas, Jeffery Okudah, or Tristan Wirfs in the first round I would be upset.

This! unless there is a play in and play out quantifiable known that needs more of an upgrade than OT. So far I have yet to see it.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    This! unless there is a play in and play out quantifiable known that needs more of an upgrade than OT. So far I have yet to see it.
    Okudah is a CB

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

As of today Tankathon has us taking...

9. Brown DT Auburn

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft