Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    As of today Tankathon has us taking...

9. Brown DT Auburn

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft
    Let's hope tankathon stays far away from the war room on draft day. This would be a huge mistake IMO

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Love the picks but I'm in agreement with the others about another veteran bridge Qb. I would have preferred Teddy over Flacco this year for sure.
    But at 26 he really isnt your typical bridge QB. He was improving in Minnesota before the horrific knee injury, hes been in the playoffs, and he played at a pretty good level when replacing Brees this season. Of course he was playing in an amazing scheme with arguably the best WR and dual threat RB in the league with a great oline so he absolutely could be fools gold.

But I have to think hes learned a lot in that system and still has all the tools you look for in a QB. And just like I said last season and the season before when I wanted him, hes young enough to be a franchise QB and he will still likely be far cheaper than your typical high profile QB, definitely less than Flacco.

Alas Flacco and his contract will stop us from pouring money into the position IMO. I still think he gets cut and while the rollover will offset the dead cap for the most part, I just dont think were going to invest more money there while we have Lock on the roster.

I don't know if Derrick Brown is exactly a scheme fit at NT. I like Purcell so far, but I don't think he's gonna consistently play up to the "Eddie Goldman" role in Vic Fangio's defense. I do hope that I am wrong, though. With that being said, investing in the trenches should be a huge focus for our FO this offseason.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I don't know if Derrick Brown is exactly a scheme fit at NT. I like Purcell so far, but I don't think he's gonna consistently play up to the "Eddie Goldman" role in Vic Fangio's defense. I do hope that I am wrong, though. With that being said, investing in the trenches should be a huge focus for our FO this offseason.
    he could potentially be a good fit at DE though. Fangio likes big DE with a bit of pass rushing. he had Akiem hicks at DE most of the season could brown fit in there?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he could potentially be a good fit at DE though. Fangio likes big DE with a bit of pass rushing. he had Akiem hicks at DE most of the season could brown fit in there?
    At 65 318 lbs, he may be asked to lose some weight to play as the 3-4 DE. Hes got plenty of athleticism and quickness to do so. I think he possibly could. And it would suddenly be a big need if we lose Wolfe/Shelby Harris in the offseason.

Tankathon updates their player rankings... Brown fell to 12.
    At 9 Denver takes...... CeeDee Lamb WR

At 65 318 lbs, he may be asked to lose some weight to play as the 3-4 DE. Hes got plenty of athleticism and quickness to do so. I think he possibly could. And it would suddenly be a big need if we lose Wolfe/Shelby Harris in the offseason.
    akiem Hicks played DE for Fangio at 6'4 324ish. he is technically listed at 352 but i am not sure he is that big. but he was a huge DE in fangios scheme. how do you think Brooks Compares to him

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Tankathon updates their player rankings... Brown fell to 12.
    At 9 Denver takes...... CeeDee Lamb WR
    Say we lose out on both Tackles. And we cant trade back and Lamb is there, HELL YES.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Say we lose out on both Tackles. And we cant trade back and Lamb is there, HELL YES.
    i think there are three tackles worth a top ten pick i would go over Lamb, Thomas, Wirfs and LEatherwood all look like legit top ten tackle prospects.

oakland raders gm

Love the gladney pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i think there are three tackles worth a top ten pick i would go over Lamb, Thomas, Wirfs and LEatherwood all look like legit top ten tackle prospects.
    Thomas and Wirfs absolutely. But im not sold that Leatherwood isnt a RT or G. If we lost out on the top 2 then im all for a trade back into the mid 1st, pick up another 2nd and then take Leatherwood

Does Bridgewater become a free agent? His contract has no years remaining after this year (the two remaining years are both automatically voided years and contain base salaries of $0) but neither does Brees. Bridgewater played well in relief of Brees, and with Brees also out of contract and at an age of 41, I'm not sure the Saints let Bridgewater walk away.

Although if he is a free agent (and the Broncos decide to sign another veteran) it could be a bit of a depressed market for QBs (Newton, Winston, Mariota, Brady, Brees, Bridgewater, Rivers are all currently slated to become free agents) so they might be able to sign him for cheaper than we would expect.

I wanted Bridgewater two years ago, so I wouldn't be upset, but I'm not sure that's the road the Broncos will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Thomas and Wirfs absolutely. But im not sold that Leatherwood isnt a RT or G. If we lost out on the top 2 then im all for a trade back into the mid 1st, pick up another 2nd and then take Leatherwood
    Like every year, I think DEN should heavily invest in OL.

Here are some midround options:
    Walker Little OT Stanford
    Scott Frantz T/G Kansas State
    Jon Runyan T/G Michigan
    Ben Bredeson OG Michigan
    Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Like every year, I think DEN should heavily invest in OL.

Here are some midround options:
    Walker Little OT Stanford
    Scott Frantz T/G Kansas State
    Jon Runyan T/G Michigan
    Ben Bredeson OG Michigan
    Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
    This is the least analytical comment Ill ever make on this board, but with a name like Jon Runyan, theres no way he plays less than 12 seasons in the NFL.

This is the least analytical comment I’ll ever make on this board, but with a name like Jon Runyan, there’s no way he plays less than 12 seasons in the NFL.
    His daddy played 14 Seasons.