Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What first? QB or Oline?

Both have been our consistent Achilles heel for this offense and both are obviously The largest part of success for offense.

Letís say Lock gets a good sample size and seems ok but might need some time to see what we actually have...do we go all in on O line? What if we donít have a QB answer this year and have a high draft pick...do we go QB and perhaps have an actual QB competition between Lock and whoever we draft in top 10? Do we build our O line for a possible QB in the next couple years and set him up for success? Does Denver even have patience for this?

I feel like we need a QB that Denver and FO can get behind 100% and if we have a top pick next year, grab a QB and go all in on him. Not sure what FA are available for the O Line next year but if we go after anyone that is coveted we will have to pay top dollar because we are not an attractive place for winning.

The line...

Once that’s in place...we have a run game...even an average about has time to make decisions....plays can develop...

Then find out what we can have, or have to get in a QB
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

You probably missed my recent thread....So Gang What Role Would You Fix First?

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...-You-Fix-First

The topics are pretty overlapping. But hey, some of us (me) repeat ourselves "repetitively"!

As the poll shows so far:

Oline - 29

GM - 20
    QB - 6
    Coach - 1

So if transferred to your question.....Oline is easily the preferred fix first, by the members who responded to the poll. Now, had the question just compared Oline and QB, the results would change I am sure, but I am also quite sure that Oline would still reside over QB.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-02-2019 at 08:21 PM.

If we are being truly honest as Broncos fans we may well need to go back to the 90s to find a truly great Broncos Oline. An average QB like Dak Prescott can look great behind an incredible Oline. Now that won't allow our team to see how good we are. Who cares though. IMO - we are missing a LT and a RT. We will also have a big need at OG as Leary just isn't cutting it IMO.

Since LT is the tough spot to get we need to target that if this draft has a top talent. Aside from that I think wed be in another Lynch scenario...if we tried to go after a QB.

You already have a QB many projected as a 1st round pick and 2 solid RBs, all of whom will play better with better blocking. This team has neglected the line long enough. We now have 2 tackles, both of whom are in a race to see who can most rapidly be slung into the quarterback, be it Lock or the next 1st round pick. That won't work. A solid O line gives a young QB a prayer of making the right read and developing. I think it would be a mistake to neglect the line yet another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    If we are being truly honest as Broncos fans we may well need to go back to the 90s to find a truly great Broncos Oline. An average QB like Dak Prescott can look great behind an incredible Oline. Now that won't allow our team to see how good we are. Who cares though. IMO - we are missing a LT and a RT. We will also have a big need at OG as Leary just isn't cutting it IMO.

Since LT is the tough spot to get we need to target that if this draft has a top talent. Aside from that I think wed be in another Lynch scenario...if we tried to go after a QB.
    Wow so fat is an avg qb behind a great line... you point is made more for zek than anything. With that great offensive line look at the cowboys record without zek.

That has mad strides to be a "GOOD" QB. He had no joke to throw too until he got cooper.Thisbis the same oline that is 1-3 in their last 4 games right?? Ok we will just go with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    You already have a QB many projected as a 1st round pick and 2 solid RBs, all of whom will play better with better blocking. This team has neglected the line long enough. We now have 2 tackles, both of whom are in a race to see who can most rapidly be slung into the quarterback, be it Lock or the next 1st round pick. That won't work. A solid O line gives a young QB a prayer of making the right read and developing. I think it would be a mistake to neglect the line yet another year.
    How has the line been neglected lol. 2017 1st pick was a tackle. Elway just made james the highest paid RT this year. What's you all really are saying is that we need to address the online every year until we get it right....oh ok.

QB makes the line far more than the alternative. QB is a higher priority, easily and by no small margin.

With the right QB, the majority of your OL issues can be resolved in a single offseason whereas it takes several years to build a decent OL.

QB. If the draft pick is high enough for a top prospect you get another one - a guy you start game one.

Itís obvious the Broncos donít believe in Lock regardless of what fans believe. In the end it wonít matter if they pick another quarterback. With Elway running the team heíll find a way to interfere and botch the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    QB makes the line far more than the alternative. QB is a higher priority, easily and by no small margin.

With the right QB, the majority of your OL issues can be resolved in a single offseason whereas it takes several years to build a decent OL.
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    QB. If the draft pick is high enough for a top prospect you get another one - a guy you start game one.

It’s obvious the Broncos don’t believe in Lock regardless of what fans believe. In the end it won’t matter if they pick another quarterback. With Elway running the team he’ll find a way to interfere and botch the process.
    Right again.

Oline, and after that we need to add another receiving weapon who can stretch the field.
    We have Lock who has a chance to be our future franchise Qb.
    We need to build up the team around him.

Donít know Iím what we have with Lock
    We do know that upgrades are needed at LT, RG, and RT
    Last edited by 58Miller; 11-03-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Two games so far out of Ju'wann James isn't very good either. I hope he is ready to play next year.
    New England Patriots GM

O line. No question. Everything starts up front. A great QB can mask a bad o line but great QBs are incredibly hard to find.

If we could get another polished QB like how we got PM than I would say QB

If we need to develop a qb I will say OL

Regardless we should to get both to be a contender.....tho funny thing is we had a bad OL and average QB play when we added the last one of these

Key take away imo is there are many paths to the Ring
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy