X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broncolee
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

When you’re a losing team, you don’t not play the rookie quarterback because you’re afraid of more losing.

Let the kid practice then let him play.

He needs to at least prove he’s not in over his head. If he is, he’s never going to not be in over his head.
    Last edited by broncolee; 11-03-2019, 09:41 AM.
    Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
      Hall of Famer
      • Apr 2009

Hahaha!! These explanations trying to justify this keep getting more complex.

Eventually the posters here will finally admit there’s no elaborate plan, and it’s simply Elway doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
        Traveling Mod
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        When you’re a losing team, you don’t not play the rookie quarterback because you’re afraid of more losing.

He needs to at least prove he’s not in over his head. If he his, he’s never going to not be in over his head.
        No but Garrett Bolles at LT.
        That is enough reason not to play what you think could be the future, so you don't get them killed.
        That said, Lock should be practicing with his teamates right now and we should be shuffling the line and Bolles should not see meaningful snap for a looong time imo.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Fantaztic7
          Banned User
          • Dec 2015

He needs to at least prove he’s not in over his head. If he his, he’s never going to not be in over his head.
          That’s not always the case. Some rookie quarterbacks struggle early and play well as they gain more experience. Some quarterbacks play well their first few starts and regress their first full season. .

Comment

• broncolee
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            That’s not always the case. Some rookie quarterbacks struggle early and play well as they gain more experience. Some quarterbacks play well their first few starts and regress their first full season. .
            We might have different definitions of “in over his head”.

I think a player can lose and play poorly without being in over his head. It’s a matter of whether or not he can learn from his mistakes and adjust accordingly. It doesn’t necessarily have to happen quickly, but it needs to happen within a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
              Banned User
              • Dec 2015

We might have different definitions of “in over his head”.

I think a player can lose and play poorly without being in over his head. It’s a matter of whether or not he can learn from his mistakes and adjust accordingly. It doesn’t necessarily have to happen quickly, but it needs to happen within a reasonable amount of time.
              What’s a reasonable amount of time?

Comment

• broncolee
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                What’s a reasonable amount of time?
                16 games, for a quarterback.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2015

16 games, for a quarterback.
                  I would agree as a starting point. If a quarterback is showing growth in the back half of those 16 games then it would probably be worth extending the assessment. Regarding Lock, 4-5 games won’t be enough to assess. We’ll see indicators of what he has but I don’t think a few games will be enough. Jared Goff looked overwhelmed in his first 7 starts. His first full season showed significant growth.

Comment

• flosstein
                    Ring of Famer
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    The team will eventually be forced to play Lock, even if only to fill seats.

Also..The 2020 QB class isn't very good, imo.
                    I agree with you. I don’t think the top guys are as good as they hype around them. Herbert seems to flub when the pressure is on and Tua, just doesn’t impress me like every other Alabama QB in the last half century.

Who I do like is a few years down the line, Bo Nix. When he’s on, I’m watching. I just wish College ball wasn’t all about the Option and they only work out of Shotgun. I would love to see him in a Pro-Style offense working under center.
                    #swapping

Comment

• 58Miller
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jul 2013

If the Broncos didn’t think Lock was the guy they wouldn’t have drafted him in the 2nd rd. He doesn’t have to play this year. I personally hope he does because i want to see him play. Next years Draft we need to add OL, CB, and a WR who can stretch the field.
                      If waiting until next year means we see Lock with a better oline and better receiving weapons then i can be patient.

Lock playing this year will not make or break his career.
                      He will practice at least 3 weeks and next season how he approaches the offseason and camp will tell us more about him than a couple starts this year.
                      sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                        The MOD Who Laughs
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                        No but Garrett Bolles at LT.
                        That is enough reason not to play what you think could be the future, so you don't get them killed.
                        That said, Lock should be practicing with his teamates right now and we should be shuffling the line and Bolles should not see meaningful snap for a looong time imo.
                        I don't know Bolles isn't as bad as Wilkerson. Bolles will at least hold and tackle the defender and not let them have a free run lol

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• 58Miller
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          I don't know Bolles isn't as bad as Wilkerson. Bolles will at least hold and tackle the defender and not let them have a free run lol
                          I’ve noticed the same thing, Bolles will hold when beat, Wilkinson tends to watch his guy blow up the Qb.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                            If you go back and watch some of the plays closely,Wilkinson would get the rusher to the outside. Flacco would simply not step up in the pocket. Wilkinson hasn’t played well however several sacks were on Flacco.

Comment

Working...
                            X