Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 124
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    The game next week in Cincinnati should be a cake walk for the Patsy's but, "on any given Sunday".....

    I think Brady's confidence is starting to crumble. His ability to identify the most open receiver AND ensure his pass is accurate is starting to wane.

    Yesterdays loss was a good indicator, IMO.
    It starts and ends with the o-line IMO. Without their improvement, everything else is immaterial. With that said, there is little doubt that TB isnít comfortable with the majority of his receivers.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I think it's a stretch to say "KC doesn't have a shot" as in impossible?. Remember, "on any given Sunday"......
    Sure, but there are about 5 or 6 teams in the league better than KC. They had a better shot to win it last year.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    And how many times were the receivers "OPEN" yesterday but dropped the pass? Numerous times.
    I'm talking about receivers not being able to get separation for the past month, not just yesterday. You are contradicting yourself. You said first it was Brady's inability to identify open receivers, now you are saying there were numerous dropped passes
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 12-09-2019 at 08:52 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    It starts and ends with the o-line IMO. Without their improvement, everything else is immaterial. With that said, there is little doubt that TB isnít comfortable with the majority of his receivers.
    They are down to their 3rd string center. And obviously Mason and Cannon have regressed this year alarmingly.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    You are correct. There is no guarantee that the Chiefs even make the AFC divisional. I assumed they would in my analysis, and I probably should not be giving your team the benefit of the doubt. And if we are making bets, then I bet the Chiefs lose in the playoffs once again. BTW, dont worry about Buffalo. You have the Broncos up next who are playing well right now. You know as well I do that last night's game should have gone to OT and you needed Boger's staff to bail you out
    Ha...there is no guarantee the Pats make the AFC divisional round either. And as far as your assumption that if the Refs had called things right that the game would have ended better for the Pats....hold it....hold it right there. First....if they let the Kelce fumble play unfold without blowing it dead....you don't know if the Pats would have gone all the way for a touchdown because there were at least 3 Chiefs in the way. I think there is a very good possibility that they would have prevented a score there. And then after that the entire game is changed. You don't know that the other missed call ever happens. You can't be sure what would have happened from there. The Pats could have still tied it but the Chiefs played better than the Pats in their house with a QB that couldn't grip the ball properly. So cry me a river about the refs if you want....but you don't really know that proper calls would have resulted in a Pats win at all. Sometimes refs make bad calls...you have to overcome that. Every team does.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Watching Belichick post game conferences are brutal. Very awkward and uncomfortable...and depressing sounding. I couldn't take it if I had to watch it all the time.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Ha...there is no guarantee the Pats make the AFC divisional round either. And as far as your assumption that if the Refs had called things right that the game would have ended better for the Pats....hold it....hold it right there. First....if they let the Kelce fumble play unfold without blowing it dead....you don't know if the Pats would have gone all the way for a touchdown because there were at least 3 Chiefs in the way. I think there is a very good possibility that they would have prevented a score there. And then after that the entire game is changed. You don't know that the other missed call ever happens. You can't be sure what would have happened from there. The Pats could have still tied it but the Chiefs played better than the Pats in their house with a QB that couldn't grip the ball properly. So cry me a river about the refs if you want....but you don't really know that proper calls would have resulted in a Pats win at all. Sometimes refs make bad calls...you have to overcome that. Every team does.
    It's nice of you to completely ignore the Harry touchdown where he didn't step out of bounds or the blatant pass interference on Dorsett that would have given us the ball on the 6 yard line. I never said the Pat's would WIN even if the refs didn't screw up last night. The game at least would have been tied and gone into OT, and considering we held Mahomey to 3 points in the 2nd half I would have liked our chances.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Open receivers? Obviously you haven't been watching the Pats...he's not playing his best for sure, but his line is not blocking and no one is getting open.


    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm talking about receivers not being able to get separation for the past month, not just yesterday. You are contradicting yourself. You said first it was Brady's inability to identify open receivers, now you are saying there were numerous dropped passes
    Say what? You said "no one is getting open"....Wrong! No contradiction because it's both!

    My point is two negatives....Brady's accuracy is waning AND he's not seeing the "most open" receiver. I assume you saw the poor pass to Edleman in the end zone on the Pat's final offensive play. I don't recall his name, but there was a "very open" receiver at the 2-3 yrd line that Brady didn't see or didn't trust to catch the ball because that receiver had dropped three passes previously in the game.
    Two game ending mistakes by Brady on the same play.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It's nice of you to completely ignore the Harry touchdown where he didn't step out of bounds or the blatant pass interference on Dorsett that would have given us the ball on the 6 yard line. I never said the Pat's would WIN even if the refs didn't screw up last night. The game at least would have been tied and gone into OT, and considering we held Mahomey to 3 points in the 2nd half I would have liked our chances.
    On a different subject......just out of curiosity....do you think Brady is retiring, going to another team or getting a 1-2 year contract with the Patriots? Do you think Bill will retire when Brady's gone?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post
    On a different subject......just out of curiosity....do you think Brady is retiring, going to another team or getting a 1-2 year contract with the Patriots? Do you think Bill will retire when Brady's gone?
    I think he'll play 1 more year in NE. I dont think Bill will retire. I think he sticks around to groom his sons Brian and Steve.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Open receivers? Obviously you haven't been watching the Pats...he's not playing his best for sure, but his line is not blocking and no one is getting open.




    Say what? You said "no one is getting open"....Wrong! No contradiction because it's both!

    My point is two negatives....Brady's accuracy is waning AND he's not seeing the "most open" receiver. I assume you saw the poor pass to Edleman in the end zone on the Pat's final offensive play. I don't recall his name, but there was a "very open" receiver at the 2-3 yrd line that Brady didn't see or didn't trust to catch the ball because that receiver had dropped three passes previously in the game.
    Two game ending mistakes by Brady on the same play.
    It was an exaggeration- obviously I didn't mean no one was getting open on EVERY play. Over the past few month the receivers are getting very little separation. The guy who was open whom you speak of was Jakobi Meyers - who dropped 3 passes in that game. Brady doesnt trust anyone right now except Edelman, which is why he threw to him on the last play. It was a mistake. My point is that it's not all on Brady - it's a combination of poor pass protection, receivers not always gaining separation, bad decisions by Brady, and McD not calling the right plays.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 12-09-2019 at 12:00 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It's nice of you to completely ignore the Harry touchdown where he didn't step out of bounds or the blatant pass interference on Dorsett that would have given us the ball on the 6 yard line. I never said the Pat's would WIN even if the refs didn't screw up last night. The game at least would have been tied and gone into OT, and considering we held Mahomey to 3 points in the 2nd half I would have liked our chances.
    It doesn't matter. Pick anything. If you could go and fix any play you can think of...you can't assume the rest of the game will be the same after that. You can't say the game would have been tied at the end....because everything is changed from point where you alter it onward. It is what it is. The Chiefs have been cheated plenty of times this season or any season. Everyone can say they have been. You just move on and try to overcome it. It's the world we live in. When it goes in your favor you don't complain so much.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I think he'll play 1 more year in NE. I dont think Bill will retire. I think he sticks around to groom his sons Brian and Steve.
    Are they as difficult to listen to as he is?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    It doesn't matter. Pick anything. If you could go and fix any play you can think of...you can't assume the rest of the game will be the same after that. You can't say the game would have been tied at the end....because everything is changed from point where you alter it onward. It is what it is. The Chiefs have been cheated plenty of times this season or any season. Everyone can say they have been. You just move on and try to overcome it. It's the world we live in. When it goes in your favor you don't complain so much.
    Ok, but there is a 90% probability of the game going into OT if Harry's touchdown was called properly. That would have cut the score to 23-20 and NE would have kicked a FG on the last drive to tie the game. Chiefs offense did nothing in the 2nd half.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,357
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Ok, but there is a 90% probability of the game going into OT if Harry's touchdown was called properly. That would have cut the score to 23-20 and NE would have kicked a FG on the last drive to tie the game. Chiefs offense did nothing in the 2nd half.
    You lost...and you lost last week too. Good teams are hard for you to beat. Mind you, we kicked Houston with a newbie at QB.

    Not to worry...there will be Miami's out there for ya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •