Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench Lock!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I saw Allen do nothing Lock could not.
    When have you ever seen Lock play against a 1st string NFL defense that game plans against him?
    Lets not forget that NFL teams think less of Lock than they did Osweiler and Lynch!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    No, you don't go with a guy because of draft status, how much you are paying him or or some other funny metric. You might get rid of them over pay, but draft status is like putting all your chips on black - if it comes up red you have to live with it!

Once a player is on the team you go with the player that produces. Shanahan cut a blue chip draft pick of his when he saw how well Rod Smith played and McDaniels was mature enough to admit his errant evaluation of Aldolpo Smith and trade him away. Elway cut Paxton Lynch after 4 starts.

Lock looked very unimpressive compared to Paxton Lynch in preseason and Lock will not get to play if Allen continues to be "lucky".
    Are you serious? You think Lynch looked better than what Lock put out this preseason? Lynch did nothing but run and hit an occasional TE. Lock got significantly better each of his 3 games. He actually went through progressions and found receivers to throw to. Lock will get to play this year, that's a guarantee. There is no reason not to play him when the team is in its current state

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

As long as Allen keeps winning, there's no reason to bench him. And if he starts the rest of the season and goes better than 4-4, he should be our starter heading into next preseason.

No need to see how a different QB can do if you already have a QB that is succeeding. If Allen tanks the next game or two, then they can get a look at Lock. But if Allen continues to progress, they can't risk losing any confidence and momentum our offense builds with him.

So we promote Lock to the starting roster.... and bench him ?

Have to go find that confused emoji.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    When have you ever seen Lock play against a 1st string NFL defense that game plans against him?
    Lets not forget that NFL teams think less of Lock than they did Osweiler and Lynch!
    And more of him than Brady and Wilson. So what does his draft position mean at this point other than he needs to be assessed, on the field, in a game

Lock is a more level headed balanced Jay Cutler which could be huge. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Lock is a more level headed balanced Jay Cutler which could be huge. Just saying.
    That's how I see it. He is a "slinger", who likes to go long ball, has decent athletic skills, and even looks a bit like Jay.....with one main difference, he does not have Jay's personality.

Ha ha....this is like finding a partner that reminds you a lot of a past partner, in terms of the good things, except they are much nicer!
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.

I stopped reading after, bust. Nice troll though.

I take that back, it wasn't a nice troll. It's just wrong.
    Last edited by DenverJay; 11-04-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So we promote Lock to the starting roster.... and bench him ?

Have to go find that confused emoji.
    The Rock Tossing emoji is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The Rock Tossing emoji is more appropriate.
    Hahahhahah hahahhahah Hahahha

Fast heart rate? Can you also tell me what kind of career he's going to have by studying his face?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

This thread is a little bit dramatic, and Lock will get playing this time this season. I love the story with Allen, and I was more excited after yesterdays win than I have been in a long time, but Allen isn't going to be the long-term starter here, he just isn't. I assume Fangio will stick with Allen after the win, you can't not, but I would imagine he will struggle and we will lose convincingly to the Vikings, and the Bills game won't be much better in my opinion, and Lock will be turned to by the first week of December.

I will say though, for those who were concerned about turning it over to a young quarterback, I think with the way this team is built, terrible offensive line, and the way Scrangerello likes to play offense, having an athletic inexperienced player, is better than having an immobile Joe Flacco, and I think we seen that against the Browns. I hope I am wrong about Allen and Lock, and I hope Allen just emerges as our Tony Romo, but I don't see that happening, and I see Lock playing at least 3 games this season down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    That's how I see it. He is a "slinger", who likes to go long ball, has decent athletic skills, and even looks a bit like Jay.....with one main difference, he does not have Jay's personality.

Ha ha....this is like finding a partner that reminds you a lot of a past partner, in terms of the good things, except they are much nicer!
    Hahaha I donít think it could be put a better way LOL

The thing with Lock is, in a close game like yesterday, his aggressive nature could have hurt us in some of those situations. Lock does lack a bit of awareness that Allen looked like he has, especially in terms of pocket presence, understanding when to take a sack, when to take your shots, etc. Not saying Allen is better than Lock, I just think he is a safer player who is a little more polished in his mental game, which makes sens considering Lock is a first year player compared to Allen being a fourth ? I don't know if we win with Lock yesterday as I think he probably has a turnover or 2, but I also don't see Allen being able to do anything that Lock couldn't, if you know what I mean.

We can say what we like (that's the purpose of a discussion board!) However, if Allen plays lights out for the rest of the season (he probably won't but you never know) it would be hard to subsequently bench him for Lock.

In my view in that premise we simply say that Lock is a project QB who will start when he is ready but that there is no need to change a winning team.