Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench Lock!

Bench Lock!

When he comes back from IR, hand him the clip board.
    During preseason, Lock looked to me like a bust. In accurate throws, fast heart rate.

Allen looks like the lesser of all the evils at QB going forward.

Nothin like a win though.

Bust huh? I saw a QB that progressed every game. Allen did good, I'm proud of him and his performance but Lock is the one invested in and HAS to be given a chance to see if he can play. You don't burn a 1st or 2nd round pick on a guy to just let him be a bystander

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

He hasn't even played and we have a thread about benching him cause he looked like a bust......Awesome
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

In principle, Im for playing Lock.

However, Im fine with riding with Allen until the wheels fall off.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Paxton Lynch, 2.0.

Threads like this are so silly. You must have only watched 1 preseason game because he progressed big time in the next 2. Lock has more natural talent in his pinky than Allen does in his whole body. I know were sticking with Allen for now, but it wont last. Unfortunately our ignorant GM would rather see Rypien get reps then Lock because he doesnt want to rush it even though Rypien is also a rookie.
    Lock should be taken off IR this week, worked back into practice routines, and made the #2 behind Allen. Give him a few weeks of practice then hand him the keys.
    Unfortunately our GM is as stupid as this thread.

So Allen, a 4th year "released" QB, is the answer....after a win over a sub par team, at home????

No, you go with the guy you drafted fairly high, who was progressing in the offseason. I've seen tons of passers by in this league, who have a good game or two, but do not stick. And good for Allen BTW, for his victory.

It's Lock's time, even if shared with Allen, to get a good read on both. But there's always a reason why QBs who do not make the grade, show up from time to time. They have talent, but the NFL demands loads from you, and consistency under fire is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Paxton Lynch, 2.0.
    Sure, just like Fant is a bust too.....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Paxton Lynch, 2.0.
    Are you a new fan posting on an old account? The two players are nothing alike beyond both playing QB. You must not have seen either of them play.

Allen played good, but it was against a very sub-par Cleveland Browns team that knew very little about him going into it. Vikings could easily figure him out when we play them in 2 weeks. As for Lock, he wasn't ready to play right away, he needed more time to learn the NFL game, and to work on his mechanics. He is very talented and has potential though.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

I saw Allen do nothing Lock could not.

Allen played well above my expectations, and I'm interested in his prospects as a long term backup, but his best moments were more so great plays by the rest of the team. The TD to Sutton, for example, is a pick 99 times out of 100. Thankfully Sutton is a freak with supreme confidence and went for the grab over Ward.

Lock, in the preseason, looked better than Allen with far worse talent around him. If we're being honest, Allen's game yesterday gives me even more hope for Lock. If Allen was able to produce an average game out of the gate, Lock should look at least that good.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 11-04-2019 at 10:23 AM.

False start ! On false start . That's a 5 yard penalty lol

Allen deserves another shot.

We are in the bottom ten at giving up sacks. My 4 decades of watching NFL tells me we will see another QB take snaps in games before season's end.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

13 first downs is nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So Allen, a 4th year "released" QB, is the answer....after a win over a sub par team, at home????

No, you go with the guy you drafted fairly high, who was progressing in the offseason. I've seen tons of passers by in this league, who have a good game or two, but do not stick. And good for Allen BTW, for his victory.

It's Lock's time, even if shared with Allen, to get a good read on both. But there's always a reason why QBs who do not make the grade, show up from time to time. They have talent, but the NFL demands loads from you, and consistency under fire is one of them.
    No, you don't go with a guy because of draft status, how much you are paying him or or some other funny metric. You might get rid of them over pay, but draft status is like putting all your chips on black - if it comes up red you have to live with it!

Once a player is on the team you go with the player that produces. Shanahan cut a blue chip draft pick of his when he saw how well Rod Smith played and McDaniels was mature enough to admit his errant evaluation of Aldolpo Smith and trade him away. Elway cut Paxton Lynch after 4 starts.

Lock looked very unimpressive compared to Paxton Lynch in preseason and Lock will not get to play if Allen continues to be "lucky".