Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 121 to 128 of 128
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,079
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL sure man, when you don't understand football and never watch the games you win every argument, don't you?

    you tried to talk smack to me because i said rivers was one of the best under pressure a couple years ago, i posted factual data backing it up.


    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-nfl...under-pressure

    oh wait, i forgot. that's a pff article so they must be lying?

    or how about you tried to claim that okung played in the raiders game because he was in the game log but you didn't watch the game or you would know he went out on the very first drive.

    you also claimed the chargers pass blocking is no worse than the broncos (even though you don't watch the games) yet i provided proof that's definitely not the case.



    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-10...lyst-takeaways

    more lies from pff i take it?

    you really make the argument that pff isn't credible because you apparently don't know the difference between player grades and factual data, but the garbage smack you run about games you don't watch is? GTHOH with that dumb ass nonsense!

    oh and to top it off, you honestly think that if a player is good against pressure like rivers has been at times in his career, that the OL should not matter. as if all pressure happens at the same time and if you're good against pressure it shouldn't matter. the fact that you think that's a contradiction really shows your football ignorance.

    you are not winning any arguments here arapaho except for in your own delusional mind, you're accomplishing nothing except making yourself look like a damn fool and wasting my time.

    STOP WASTING MY TIME AND ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME OF FOOTBALL BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR FOOTBALL IGNORANT MOUTH.


    and again...just like when you opened your mouth and said...freeny tought Melvin the spin move which is rare and vintage, you hardly see it anymore

    we laughed and laughed at the rare and vintage, and the hardly see it aany more prt


    you kept insisting freeny did teach it to him and kept posting articles about freeney teaching the " spin move"

    freeney teaching wasn't the problem. nobody cared about that!!
    it was the joke that the pass rush spin move was rare and vintage


    and now you keep posting proof that Rivers was some GOD like Anti pressure machine....that isn't the point

    who cares if PFF said it...im not disputing it, never was

    what im saying is if rivers is so good as you claim at beating the blitz, beating pressure

    then quit crying about the OLINE!!!!

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,079
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    since you first started saying that last year he's beat mahomes, ben, and rodgers, he's had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives and when his team's backs are against the wall that's when they play at their best.

    go look at phil's record in December, when his team is trying to make the playoffs. he's been good in those pressure situations at times. at the end of games he has made some bad throws trying to force things that were not there at times as well.

    by the way, any "chargers fan" that claimed he was in the MVP race after that GB game is an ignorant fool. rivers has taken a step back this season and is starting to regress but if you have watched the chargers this season, you cannot deny the difference in rivers when the OL has blocked decent vs how they have blocked most of the year, like in the raiders game.

    that OL made one of the worst pass rushing defenses look amazing, which i have been arguing is their main issue on offense right now. they have been starting a tackle that seriously has no business starting in the NFL, i don't think ive seen one worse, on the chargers at least.
    has your oline given up 6 sacks...how about 8?...how about a oline giving up 3 or more sacks in 6 of 10 games

    you whine about your oline as if the broncos don't have oline issues all season, our high priced RT has played less than 2 qrters this entire season....he is heads and tails above better,than the back up but whn he doesn't play its a hit

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,076
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and again...just like when you opened your mouth and said...freeny tought Melvin the spin move which is rare and vintage, you hardly see it anymore

    we laughed and laughed at the rare and vintage, and the hardly see it aany more prt


    you kept insisting freeny did teach it to him and kept posting articles about freeney teaching the " spin move"

    freeney teaching wasn't the problem. nobody cared about that!!
    it was the joke that the pass rush spin move was rare and vintage
    i literally posted a video of ingram saying he did

    why would he even need to make that statment if everyone knows it ans has been doing it? von miller has said the same thing in fact.

    i also said that the spin move isn't used as much as it used to due to speed rushing, a fact that still holds true today. why are we even talking about this though? are you bringing it up because i just put you and your lack of football knowledge on full display?


    and now you keep posting proof that Rivers was some GOD like Anti pressure machine....that isn't the point

    who cares if PFF said it...im not disputing it, never was

    what im saying is if rivers is so good as you claim at beating the blitz, beating pressure

    then quit crying about the OLINE!!!!
    your original response was it came from pff, go read your own post again and try to weasel your way out of it some more.

    but this is just more proof that you think pass protection shouldn't matter if you're good vs pressure, that's literally what you're saying here. it's about as ignorant as you can get. pass protection matters to every single QB who has ever played the game. pressure does not all come at 2.5-3 seconds after the snap, sometimes it can come much faster, before the play is allowed to develop.

    I also said rivers has taken a step back and isn't as good this year, but you ignore that because that doesn't fit your narrative that i'm just making excuses.

    the bottom line is you tried to talk smack to me when i said he was one of the best under pressure a couple years ago, you brought that up, not me. when i proved it was a statement based off an actual fact, now you wanna take the debate into a new direction, naturally.

    you and your football "knowledge" has be wrecked, so has your credibility. do better my man.
    Last edited by baphamet; 11-18-2019 at 02:38 PM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,079
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i literally posted a video of ingram saying he did

    why would he even need to make that statment if everyone knows it ans has been doing it? von miller has said the same thing in fact.

    i also said that the spin move isn't used as much as it used to due to speed rushing, a fact that still holds true today. why are we even talking about this though? are you bringing it up because i just put you and your lack of football knowledge on full display?




    your original response was it came from pff, go read your own post again and try to weasel your way out of it some more.

    but this is just more proof that you think pass protection shouldn't matter if you're good vs pressure, that's literally what you're saying here. it's about as ignorant as you can get. pass protection matters to every single QB who has ever played the game. pressure does not all come at 2.5-3 seconds after the snap, sometimes it can come much faster, before the play is allowed to develop.

    I also said rivers has taken a step back and isn't as good this year, but you ignore that because that doesn't fit your narrative that i'm just making excuses.

    the bottom line is you tried to talk smack to me when i said he was one of the best under pressure a couple years ago, you brought that up, not me. when i proved it was a statement based off an actual fact, now you wanna take the debate into a new direction, naturally.

    you and your football "knowledge" has be wrecked, so has your credibility. do better my man.


    lmao and your still not getting it...nobody cared whether freeney taught him, or the ghost of deacon jones did, or if he came out of the womb spinning for all he was worth


    it was your absurd insistence that it was rare and vintage and hardly seen anymore


    just like now....you can put up any obscure state you want about him being so great under pressure...I don't care

    until you start crying about the oline not giving poor peelip enough time to be effective

    then im gonna bring up the fact you keep insisting hes so great beating pressure and the blitz

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,076
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Just like the broncos must be the better team now too right, despite the record, since we had no trouble beating the chargers, we havenít had the luxury of playing scrub teams like the fins
    ( other then the chargers)
    oh so you beat a team the caliber of the packers then? that's what you get when the OL actually does it's job and the entire team plays to their potential. they have the potential to beat anyone if they are on their game, unlike the donkos who just know how to beat the chargers, congrats!

    And I watched vinny play, I watched rivers play ... thatís why I said rivers is just a little bit better vinny
    All regular season stats and nothing else
    except one of them has hof stats and is 122-96 as a starter

    the other has inferior stats and is 90-123-1 as a starter.

    VT has thrown almost as many TD's as he has int's (275/267)

    rivers? (388/188)

    VT also played like 20 years in the NFL vs rivers' 13 and he still has 33 less wins than rivers, 118 less TD's, 12k less yards, but has 81 more int's

    yet, you mean to tell me rivers is just "slightly" better than VT?

    just like ive said several times here, you clearly DO NOT know QB's. all the QB's you have supported in denver that have been straight trash except manning, it makes sense that you would think this way. you have no idea what you're talking about and if rivers is just slightly better than VT, then that must mean dan marino is just slightly better than rivers?

    one things for sure, rivers is a hell of a lot closer to marino than he is VT. the only thing he has in common with VT is they both lack a ring (same as marino) and have/had weird throwing mechanics, that's it.

    The worst bronco team? Not even close
    This team is closer to being a top team than a bottom team despite the record , and thatís without a QB all year or for the past three years.... you couldnít beat us let alone score a offensive TD on us at your house... AND THATS WITH FLACCO !!
    the broncos have not suffered 3 losing seasons in a row since the merger, that is an absolute fact and that happened under elway's watch. the broncos are 23-35 since manning retired after winning the SB. that sure as hell didn't happen when elway retired in the same exact manner, did it?

    Allen might be inexperienced, but you couldnít beat Flacco what makes you think you can beat the Broncos with a Qb that can actually move

    A vision quest... is that it your resorting to racial smack ? Surprised you didnít say put down the peace pipe Squanto

    Clearly you lost

    Oh did I mention Eli will go in the HoF before rivers is considered ... hows that feel
    the chargers beat aaron rodgers, mostly because of their defense. not even remotely scared of your pisspoor offense. the broncos defense has always played us tough, ever since von has been there. plus our offense has definitely taken a step back this season, that has nothing to do with your team.

    when we play you again, we will be coming off the bye and will possibly have derwin james back. the chargers also didn't have ingram on the other side of bosa in that game, either.

    as far as you crying racism, i'm more than 20% Sioux and i know ive told you that before. if you can't handle me giving you a little crap, if it bothers you so much, report my post to the mods. i would never tell you to put the peace pipe down, id tell, you to pick it up. i own more than one of them and hit them on the daily!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,076
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    lmao and your still not getting it...nobody cared whether freeney taught him, or the ghost of deacon jones did, or if he came out of the womb spinning for all he was worth


    it was your absurd insistence that it was rare and vintage and hardly seen anymore


    just like now....you can put up any obscure state you want about him being so great under pressure...I don't care

    until you start crying about the oline not giving poor peelip enough time to be effective

    then im gonna bring up the fact you keep insisting hes so great beating pressure and the blitz
    you brought it up, not me. you tried to talk smack to me about when i said he was one of the best under pressure in 2017 and 2018. i posted the proof and now you want to act like pass protection doesn't matter because if you're one of the best against pressure at some point, then why mention bad OL play when rivers is struggling 1-2 years later?

    you're literally saying pass protection should not matter if you're good against pressure, that's idiotic.

    but do keep bringing things up from years ago to divert attention away from your foolish and ignorant football opinions, like a woman scorned. the damage has been done already arapaho, you are better off just moving on and letting this one die off.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,079
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    oh so you beat a team the caliber of the packers then? that's what you get when the OL actually does it's job and the entire team plays to their potential. they have the potential to beat anyone if they are on their game, unlike the donkos who just know how to beat the chargers, congrats!



    except one of them has hof stats and is 122-96 as a starter

    the other has inferior stats and is 90-123-1 as a starter.

    VT has thrown almost as many TD's as he has int's (275/267)

    rivers? (388/188)

    VT also played like 20 years in the NFL vs rivers' 13 and he still has 33 less wins than rivers, 118 less TD's, 12k less yards, but has 81 more int's

    yet, you mean to tell me rivers is just "slightly" better than VT?

    just like ive said several times here, you clearly DO NOT know QB's. all the QB's you have supported in denver that have been straight trash except manning, it makes sense that you would think this way. you have no idea what you're talking about and if rivers is just slightly better than VT, then that must mean dan marino is just slightly better than rivers?

    one things for sure, rivers is a hell of a lot closer to marino than he is VT. the only thing he has in common with VT is they both lack a ring (same as marino) and have/had weird throwing mechanics, that's it.



    the broncos have not suffered 3 losing seasons in a row since the merger, that is an absolute fact and that happened under elway's watch. the broncos are 23-35 since manning retired after winning the SB. that sure as hell didn't happen when elway retired in the same exact manner, did it?



    the chargers beat aaron rodgers, mostly because of their defense. not even remotely scared of your pisspoor offense. the broncos defense has always played us tough, ever since von has been there. plus our offense has definitely taken a step back this season, that has nothing to do with your team.

    when we play you again, we will be coming off the bye and will possibly have derwin james back. the chargers also didn't have ingram on the other side of bosa in that game, either.

    as far as you crying racism, i'm more than 20% Sioux and i know ive told you that before. if you can't handle me giving you a little crap, if it bothers you so much, report my post to the mods. i would never tell you to put the peace pipe down, id tell, you to pick it up. i own more than one of them and hit them on the daily!

    you beat the packers...and arron Rodgers criticized his team for partaking in too much LA night life before a important game



    lmao it has nothing to do with my team ...the team that you swore you would sweep?...didn't we have a bet about that

    I know I offered it multiple times...cant recall if you had the guts to back up your insistence that theres no way the bolts lose to the broncos

    the fact is you have a very good chance of being swept by this team

    so you think its because you didn't have Melvin??

    well we didn't have Chubb and we lost our starting RCB Bausby in that game also and still held your offense to 2 fgs



  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,079
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you brought it up, not me. you tried to talk smack to me about when i said he was one of the best under pressure in 2017 and 2018. i posted the proof and now you want to act like pass protection doesn't matter because if you're one of the best against pressure at some point, then why mention bad OL play when rivers is struggling 1-2 years later?

    you're literally saying pass protection should not matter if you're good against pressure, that's idiotic.

    but do keep bringing things up from years ago to divert attention away from your foolish and ignorant football opinions, like a woman scorned. the damage has been done already arapaho, you are better off just moving on and letting this one die off.
    awwwwww did I butt hurt you back then...is that the problem today?

    im sorry bap I wont be mean to your ludicrous smack no more!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •