Poor Derek is gonna cry again on Thursday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baphamet
    Family Trust Beer
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    and is your pass protection any worse than what we've seen from the broncos lately

no it isn't
    Is that why the chargers lead the league in pressures given up?

I like how you ignore the facts I present to you and just make crap up, as if you know.

You don’t know. You don’t even watch the games, you formulate your opinions based on looking at game logs and stat sheets, you don’t actually watch the games.

look when you brag about how great rivers is beating the blitz or under pressure, then im gonna highlight your excuses about the oline
    You are hopeless. You can put a QB behind a good or decent OL and he might be good against pressure.

Put him behind the worst blocking OL where plays don’t have time to develop and it will be an entirely different story.

You keep pretending It’s a double standard but you’re not football intelligent enough to figure this out.

either the oline is the reason rivers is struggling, or in reality he isn't that great under pressure as PFF suggests, or your talent level behind him isn't as exceptionally talented as you think
    OL isn’t the only reason rivers is struggling, never said it was. I said it was the biggest issue yes, I also said rivers is regressing and he has been bad at times.

Fact is, when the OL has played better, when they have had their tackles in the game, rivers has played a lot better like in the GB game.

But you don’t watch so you wouldn’t know any of this. This has gotten embarrassing for you, just let it go man.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Comment

• arapaho
      reserved for losing bet
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      Is that why the chargers lead the league in pressures given up?

I like how you ignore the facts I present to you and just make crap up, as if you know.

You don’t know. You don’t even watch the games, you formulate your opinions based on looking at game logs and stat sheets, you don’t actually watch the games.

You are hopeless. You can put a QB behind a good or decent OL and he might be good against pressure.

Put him behind the worst blocking OL where plays don’t have time to develop and it will be an entirely different story.

You keep pretending It’s a double standard but you’re not football intelligent enough to figure this out.

OL isn’t the only reason rivers is struggling, never said it was. I said it was the biggest issue yes, I also said rivers is regressing and he has been bad at times.

Fact is, when the OL has played better, when they have had their tackles in the game, rivers has played a lot better like in the GB game.

But you don’t watch so you wouldn’t know any of this. This has gotten embarrassing for you, just let it go man.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

you can keep twisting and flip flopping all you want it still comes down to

if rivers is as great and proficient to be one of the best qbs facing the blitz or pressure...AS YOU CLAIM

THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP CRYING ABOUT THE OLINE

Perhaps rivers mental game is slowing and he's not seeing what needs,in making that snap decision tobeat the pressure or his physical ability is slipping and hes just not able to make the throw unless hes got more time
      Last edited by arapaho; 11-13-2019, 10:24 AM.
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• baphamet
        Family Trust Beer
        • Nov 2006

you can keep twisting and flip flopping all you want it still comes down to

if rivers is as great and proficient to be one of the best qbs facing the blitz or pressure...AS YOU CLAIM

THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP CRYING ABOUT THE OLINE

Perhaps rivers mental game is slowing and he's not seeing what needs,in making that snap decision tobeat the pressure or his physical ability is slipping and hes just not able to make the throw unless hes got more time
        You were bringing up two years ago, pretending I was wrong when I said he was one of the best against pressure.

I provided factual evidence supporting it and you tried to discredit it by saying the source was pff, as if that’s not a credible source.

He’s not mentally slowing down, that’s absurd. Physically slowing down? Yes and I’ve said that several times.

But the fact remains, when the OL has played better rivers has too. If you actually watched the games, had you watched the Thursday night game, you would see how atrocious the back up tackles are.

The worst pass blocking in the League in terms of pressures givin up. All these facts you ignore, which is why you shouldn’t be taken seriously when it comes to this subject.

Comment

• jazzbodog
          Football Immortal
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
          Baph, I think you may want to refrain from these smack threads in the future. Usually they blow up in your face...
          And his face has the massive explosion scars to prove it! And then there's all his "butt hurt" feelings he has to deal with.
          Glutton for "smack punishment"!

The biggest and most glaring issue is, who cares about a QB who has the best of this and the best of that and more whatever than any other QB.

Totally MEANINGLESS if you get NOTHING in return. Ask Dan Marino what he thinks about having great stats but no rings.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• arapaho
            reserved for losing bet
            • Mar 2004

You were bringing up two years ago, pretending I was wrong when I said he was one of the best against pressure.

I provided factual evidence supporting it and you tried to discredit it by saying the source was pff, as if that’s not a credible source.

He’s not mentally slowing down, that’s absurd. Physically slowing down? Yes and I’ve said that several times.

But the fact remains, when the OL has played better rivers has too. If you actually watched the games, had you watched the Thursday night game, you would see how atrocious the back up tackles are.

The worst pass blocking in the League in terms of pressures givin up. All these facts you ignore, which is why you shouldn’t be taken seriously when it comes to this subject.
            two years ago, three years ago, five years ago or last week

if rivers is so great against pressure as you claim then quit wining about the oline
            sigpic

Comment

• TommyBrady12
              Practice Squad
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
              And his face has the massive explosion scars to prove it! And then there's all his "butt hurt" feelings he has to deal with.

The biggest and most glaring issue is, who cares about a QB who has the best of this and the best of that and more whatever than any other QB.

Totally MEANINGLESS if you get NOTHING in return. Ask Dan Marino what he thinks about having great stats but no rings.
              Marino is way better than Rivers ever was. Marino took his team to a SB. Rivers took his team to an AFCCG.
              Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Sam_Z
                Banned User
                • Dec 2004

Marino is way better than Rivers ever was. Marino took his team to a SB. Rivers took his team to an AFCCG.
                Uh we’ll actually never know the true answer to that question since Philis played your pansies in the 2007 AFC championship game right smack in the middle of the spy gate era.

If your guys, oops (sorry) I mean your pansies hadn’t had cheated, perhaps Philis would be able to say that he took his team to at least one Super Bowl just like Dan Marino did.

It’s amazing how you always find ways to contradict your own point.

Comment

• baphamet
                  Family Trust Beer
                  • Nov 2006

two years ago, three years ago, five years ago or last week

if rivers is so great against pressure as you claim then quit wining about the oline
                  Then why did YOU bring up me saying he was good against pressure two years ago?

You think pass blocking doesn’t matter, that’s what I’m getting from this. If you’re good why should OL matter? That’s what you’re saying and it’s straight up idiocy.

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

This coming from a spineless old fart that has never said anything in smack that could come back to haunt him.

You talk smack as if your team isn’t one of the worst in the NFL

Comment

• baphamet
                      Family Trust Beer
                      • Nov 2006

Marino was indeed better than rivers but it has nothing to do with the fact he got one game farther than rivers has.

Using this dumb logic, joe Flacco is better than Marino, it’s just dumb pansy fan talking out of his ass.

Comment

• baphamet
                        Family Trust Beer
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        Uh we’ll actually never know the true answer to that question since Philis played your pansies in the 2007 AFC championship game right smack in the middle of the spy gate era.

If your guys, oops (sorry) I mean your pansies hadn’t had cheated, perhaps Philis would be able to say that he took his team to at least one Super Bowl just like Dan Marino did.

It’s amazing how you always find ways to contradict your own point.
                        In 2007 he had no business starting that game, he could barely walk.

As far as pats fans running their mouths go...... to me they are all bandwagon front runner fans, they are all beneath me and most of you broncos fans here as well.

Comment

• TommyBrady12
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jan 2014

Marino was indeed better than rivers but it has nothing to do with the fact he got one game farther than rivers has.

Using this dumb logic, joe Flacco is better than Marino, it’s just dumb pansy fan talking out of his ass.
                          Did I say it was the reason Marino was better than Rivers? I was merely stating a fact. Learn to read?
                          Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• jazzbodog
                            Football Immortal
                            • Aug 2007

Duh! You missed my point...once again. I wasn't comparing Mr. Marino to Mrs. Rivers. It's overwhelmingly obvious Phyllis isn't qualified to be in a discussion (and never will be) regarding all time stellar, elite HOF QB's that also include Elway, Montana, Manning, Brady, Young, Unitas, Griese, Favre, etc.

In modern day pro football, if you don't make it to the big dance and win it , having really great stats doesn't mean that much, IMO.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• arapaho
                              reserved for losing bet
                              • Mar 2004

Then why did YOU bring up me saying he was good against pressure two years ago?

You think pass blocking doesn’t matter, that’s what I’m getting from this. If you’re good why should OL matter? That’s what you’re saying and it’s straight up idiocy.
                              because you brag on him being so good under pressure...then whine about the oline being a reason he isn't playing well

oh I think oline matters...never said it didn't drama queen

but good qb play can make a oline look better

2010 bronco oline….40 sacks...64 hits
                              2011...……………….42 sacks...68 hits
                              enter Elway
                              2012...……………….21 sacks...46 hits
                              2013...……………….20...………54

basically the same oline...a good qb can make a oline look better is what im saying....you cant brag around about rivers being so great under pressure...then whine about the oline hurting his game

you can either simply admit … 'HEY RIVERS JUST AINT GOT IT this year, HES NOT MAKING THE DEFENSE PAY, HE CANT GET THE BALL OUT QUICK ENOUGH, at least against a good pass rush, therefore since the oline cannot build a stone wall around him allowing ample time to lounge around as he finds a open receiver...he struggles against a aggressive defense
                              Last edited by arapaho; 11-14-2019, 09:40 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• arapaho
                                reserved for losing bet
                                • Mar 2004

Duh! You missed my point...once again. I wasn't comparing Mr. Marino to Mrs. Rivers. It's overwhelmingly obvious Phyllis isn't qualified to be in a discussion (and never will be) regarding all time stellar, elite HOF QB's that also include Elway, Montana, Manning, Brady, Young, Unitas, Griese, Favre, etc.

In modern day pro football, if you don't make it to the big dance and win it , having really great stats doesn't mean that much, IMO.
                                specially considering guys like Marino were league MVP, made it to the superbowl ...and got their stats in a era that allowed the wrs to be mugged and the qbs to be brutalized

rivers is all stats...no substance
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X