Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 128
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL sure man, when you don't understand football and never watch the games you win every argument, don't you?
    There is no denying Rivers is awful in high pressure situations. Late in games, playoffs, vs top QBs, these results are his legacy.

    He might do ok under pressure from the defense, but if that's the case then his end of game choke jobs are even more inexplicable.

    The come from behind vs Mahomes last year and the win vs GB were celebrated like SBs because under Rivers games like that are few and FAR between. In fact, after the GB game I had Chargers fans telling me that game and his passing yards put Rivers right back in MVP race lol.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    There is no denying Rivers is awful in high pressure situations. Late in games, playoffs, vs top QBs, these results are his legacy.

    He might do ok under pressure from the defense, but if that's the case then his end of game choke jobs are even more inexplicable.

    The come from behind vs Mahomes last year and the win vs GB were celebrated like SBs because under Rivers games like that are few and FAR between. In fact, after the GB game I had Chargers fans telling me that game and his passing yards put Rivers right back in MVP race lol.
    since you first started saying that last year he's beat mahomes, ben, and rodgers, he's had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives and when his team's backs are against the wall that's when they play at their best.

    go look at phil's record in December, when his team is trying to make the playoffs. he's been good in those pressure situations at times. at the end of games he has made some bad throws trying to force things that were not there at times as well.

    by the way, any "chargers fan" that claimed he was in the MVP race after that GB game is an ignorant fool. rivers has taken a step back this season and is starting to regress but if you have watched the chargers this season, you cannot deny the difference in rivers when the OL has blocked decent vs how they have blocked most of the year, like in the raiders game.

    that OL made one of the worst pass rushing defenses look amazing, which i have been arguing is their main issue on offense right now. they have been starting a tackle that seriously has no business starting in the NFL, i don't think ive seen one worse, on the chargers at least.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    since you first started saying that last year he's beat mahomes, ben, and rodgers, he's had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives and when his team's backs are against the wall that's when they play at their best.

    go look at phil's record in December, when his team is trying to make the playoffs. he's been good in those pressure situations at times. at the end of games he has made some bad throws trying to force things that were not there at times as well.

    by the way, any "chargers fan" that claimed he was in the MVP race after that GB game is an ignorant fool. rivers has taken a step back this season and is starting to regress but if you have watched the chargers this season, you cannot deny the difference in rivers when the OL has blocked decent vs how they have blocked most of the year, like in the raiders game.

    that OL made one of the worst pass rushing defenses look amazing, which i have been arguing is their main issue on offense right now. they have been starting a tackle that seriously has no business starting in the NFL, i don't think ive seen one worse, on the chargers at least.
    Lol yardage totals is what you guys have been banging the table about for a decade. You fans think this is getting him into the HOF.

    Even good players have weaknesses, for Rivers it just so happens to be some sort of mental block. Maybe he doesn't trust his line or maybe he just can't handle the pressure. Who knows?? but it's not like it rarely happens, this guy is known for his late game choking not his late game success. Can you honestly say you are confident when the Chargers have a chance to win late? I have never seen such nervous wrecks as Charger fans when Rivers has the ball late in a close game.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Lol yardage totals is what you guys have been banging the table about for a decade. You fans think this is getting him into the HOF.

    Even good players have weaknesses, for Rivers it just so happens to be some sort of mental block. Maybe he doesn't trust his line or maybe he just can't handle the pressure. Who knows?? but it's not like it rarely happens, this guy is known for his late game choking not his late game success. Can you honestly say you are confident when the Chargers have a chance to win late? I have never seen such nervous wrecks as Charger fans when Rivers has the ball late in a close game.
    who said anything about yards?

    rivers has it all. yards, TD's, wins. and the intangibles that go with it. he has a HOF resume better than some in the HOF. the only thing he doesn't have is a ring. if you want to pretend that the "choking" is all on rivers, name a specific game or situation and lets have a real debate.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    who said anything about yards?

    rivers has it all. yards, TD's, wins. and the intangibles that go with it. he has a HOF resume better than some in the HOF. the only thing he doesn't have is a ring. if you want to pretend that the "choking" is all on rivers, name a specific game or situation and lets have a real debate.
    Just as you do with the oline, I'm sure in your defense of him you can find someone else to blame. It's been this mystery oline for over a decade now. It seems like an easy fix yet year after year they try new guys and no one can seem to block properly for poor Phil. At what point does the QB take some blame?

    You have only recently started to criticize his play because there is nothing else to do........except keep up the line bashing apparently. What is this 13 years straight that the oline is at fault?

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

    he has a HOF resume better than some in the HOF.

    HOF resume? Based on what....stats? Prove it with facts, not your opinion

    better than some in the HOF.....Who? Give some examples, modern era, not your opinion.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Just as you do with the oline, I'm sure in your defense of him you can find someone else to blame. It's been this mystery oline for over a decade now. It seems like an easy fix yet year after year they try new guys and no one can seem to block properly for poor Phil. At what point does the QB take some blame?

    You have only recently started to criticize his play because there is nothing else to do........except keep up the line bashing apparently. What is this 13 years straight that the oline is at fault?
    ive criticized his play at times in the past when its been warranted, all you have to do is do a simple search of the threads ive made about it. also, no its' not just the OL and rivers isn't always innocent either, if the OL is even mediocre that's good enough and has been good enough at times.

    up until this year the pass protection hasn't been terrible, it was the run blocking that was horrible. but again, if you want to simply blame rivers for everything without actually looking at the big picture, then there really isn't much hope for you to ever understand.

    ill give you just a few examples of what i'm talking about that has nothing to do with OL.

    rivers gets blamed for choking in the playoffs in 2006, 2007, and 2009.

    in 2006 that game was won and over when marlon mcree intercepted tom brady but foolishly tried to run the ball back and fumbled it back to the pats. in 2007 he can barely walk due to two knee injuries and had no business playing in that game. yet he looses to the undefeated pats on the road but somehow he's just not good under pressure and choked?

    2009, the chargers lose 14-17. their kicker at the time missed 2 kicks all season, he missed 3 kicks in that game alone. yet rivers is the one who choked.

    again, i'm not saying rivers hasn't choked or that he doesn't deserve blame for losing in some of these "pressure situations" but lets have an honest debate about this rather than just saying he cant perform in pressure situations without looking at the big picture.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    HOF resume? Based on what....stats? Prove it with facts, not your opinion

    better than some in the HOF.....Who? Give some examples, modern era, not your opinion.
    there are no modern era QB's currently in the HOF numb nuts.

    dan fouts. rivers has better stats and better winning percentage. no ring

    warren moon. rivers has better stats and better winning percentage. no ring

    fran tarkenton. rivers has better stats better winning percentage, although he had better playoff success but still no ring.

    those are the facts not based off opinion.......

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    ive criticized his play at times in the past when its been warranted, all you have to do is do a simple search of the threads ive made about it. also, no its' not just the OL and rivers isn't always innocent either, if the OL is even mediocre that's good enough and has been good enough at times.

    up until this year the pass protection hasn't been terrible, it was the run blocking that was horrible. but again, if you want to simply blame rivers for everything without actually looking at the big picture, then there really isn't much hope for you to ever understand.

    ill give you just a few examples of what i'm talking about that has nothing to do with OL.

    rivers gets blamed for choking in the playoffs in 2006, 2007, and 2009.

    in 2006 that game was won and over when marlon mcree intercepted tom brady but foolishly tried to run the ball back and fumbled it back to the pats. in 2007 he can barely walk due to two knee injuries and had no business playing in that game. yet he looses to the undefeated pats on the road but somehow he's just not good under pressure and choked?

    2009, the chargers lose 14-17. their kicker at the time missed 2 kicks all season, he missed 3 kicks in that game alone. yet rivers is the one who choked.

    again, i'm not saying rivers hasn't choked or that he doesn't deserve blame for losing in some of these "pressure situations" but lets have an honest debate about this rather than just saying he cant perform in pressure situations without looking at the big picture.
    Big picture?
    You just said Rivers has the wins, the TDs and the yards to make the HOF, then in the same breath you blame everyone else for the failures.

    And of course you have been critical AT TIMES.....just like last week there was no other choice but to criticize his poor showing. In the past decade Rivers has what -one playoff win and one 10 win season? His passing stats are indicative of a long healthy career. There have been a few outliers but a perrenial 7-9 win qb is who he is. Lack of quality wins and his late game legacy are every bit as much his as these supposed HOF stats. Its long past time to keep hoping next year's oline will be the one.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Big picture?
    You just said Rivers has the wins, the TDs and the yards to make the HOF, then in the same breath you blame everyone else for the failures.

    And of course you have been critical AT TIMES.....just like last week there was no other choice but to criticize his poor showing. In the past decade Rivers has what -one playoff win and one 10 win season? His passing stats are indicative of a long healthy career. There have been a few outliers but a perrenial 7-9 win qb is who he is. Lack of quality wins and his late game legacy are every bit as much his as these supposed HOF stats. Its long past time to keep hoping next year's oline will be the one.
    go ahead and read that post again, that underlined isn't even close to being true.

    rivers won 12 games last year dude.

    rivers is 122-96 over 13 years of starting.

    that is better than a lot of HOF QB's

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,195
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    go ahead and read that post again, that underlined isn't even close to being true.

    rivers won 12 games last year dude.

    rivers is 122-96 over 13 years of starting.

    that is better than a lot of HOF QB's
    And zero signature wins
    Like elway ď the driveĒ

    No MVP

    No AFC championships

    No Lombardií

    Heís just a slightly better vinny testeverde

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    And zero signature wins
    Like elway ď the driveĒ

    No MVP

    No AFC championships

    No Lombardií

    Heís just a slightly better vinny testeverde
    Coming from a dude that doesnít even watch the games but just looks at stat sheets.

    Why donít you compare their stat sheets like everything else?

    VT doesnít even have a winning record heís 90-123 as a starter, the opposite end of the spectrum from rivers.

    Are you trying to make yourself look like a fool around here?

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,195
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Coming from a dude that doesn’t even watch the games but just looks at stat sheets.

    Why don’t you compare their stat sheets like everything else?

    VT doesn’t even have a winning record he’s 90-123 as a starter, the opposite end of the spectrum from rivers.

    Are you trying to make yourself look like a fool around here?
    I watch the games every week liar every week, im just wondering if you lose to the vunerable chiefs tonight what will your excuse be


    cant be the oline because rivers is A #1 against pressure
    cant be rivers because the oline sucks balls
    cant be telesco because he built a championship quality team...despite the 25-34 record over the last 3.5 seasons
    cant be the scheme because they fired the OC
    cant be injuries because every team has them

    whats funny is eli manning will be elected to the HOF before rivers ever will

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I watch the games every week liar every week, im just wondering if you lose to the vunerable chiefs tonight what will your excuse be
    my "excuse" will be that the chiefs are a better team right now. no you don't watch the games or the players you claim to know so much about, that much has already been proven.


    cant be the oline because rivers is A #1 against pressure
    cant be rivers because the oline sucks balls
    cant be telesco because he built a championship quality team...despite the 25-34 record over the last 3.5 seasons
    cant be the scheme because they fired the OC
    cant be injuries because every team has them

    whats funny is eli manning will be elected to the HOF before rivers ever will
    so you didn't go look up the stats then? how come? is it because it doesn't suit your narrative that rivers is just slightly better than VT?

    you're so predictable arapaho, always quick to post the stats to formulate your argument until it doesn't support your argument.

    what's your excuse for elway putting together the worst broncos team since the merger? oh yeah only the wins matter, the losses are someone else's fault lol

    you're a straight up joke anymore, maybe you should go on a vision quest to find your smack again because you definitely lost it somewhere.....hope you find it man!

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,195
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    my "excuse" will be that the chiefs are a better team right now. no you don't watch the games or the players you claim to know so much about, that much has already been proven.




    so you didn't go look up the stats then? how come? is it because it doesn't suit your narrative that rivers is just slightly better than VT?

    you're so predictable arapaho, always quick to post the stats to formulate your argument until it doesn't support your argument.

    what's your excuse for elway putting together the worst broncos team since the merger? oh yeah only the wins matter, the losses are someone else's fault lol

    you're a straight up joke anymore, maybe you should go on a vision quest to find your smack again because you definitely lost it somewhere.....hope you find it man!
    Just like the broncos must be the better team now too right, despite the record, since we had no trouble beating the chargers, we havenít had the luxury of playing scrub teams like the fins
    ( other then the chargers)

    And I watched vinny play, I watched rivers play ... thatís why I said rivers is just a little bit better vinny
    All regular season stats and nothing else

    The worst bronco team? Not even close
    This team is closer to being a top team than a bottom team despite the record , and thatís without a QB all year or for the past three years.... you couldnít beat us let alone score a offensive TD on us at your house... AND THATS WITH FLACCO !!

    Allen might be inexperienced, but you couldnít beat Flacco what makes you think you can beat the Broncos with a Qb that can actually move

    A vision quest... is that it your resorting to racial smack ? Surprised you didnít say put down the peace pipe Squanto

    Clearly you lost

    Oh did I mention Eli will go in the HoF before rivers is considered ... hows that feel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •