Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cortland Sutton Appreciation thread

i don't think this kid has hit his best yet and he is about to go for like 1200 yards if continues this pace plus this catch was a beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=803GaKp2us0

i think this kid is gonna be real good and i still think that was probably the best catch by any Bronco all year.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Good thread, Cortland definitely has been a huge bright spot. This kid is going to be a great bronco for a long time

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

When you draft a guy as high as Sutton, you hope he's a number 1. That, he is. High receiver picks backfire so much (ask Belichick), and we we've been blessed with Sutton and Thomas.

He left his feet at like the 2 yard line and landed about 6 yards deep in the endzone. That is out of this world, let alone making the catch at the same time. The guy literally went about 18 ft in the air. That is completely absurd!
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He left his feet at like the 2 yard line and landed about 6 yards deep in the endzone. That is out of this world, let alone making the catch at the same time. The guy literally went about 18 ft in the air. That is completely absurd!
    I think he's just about off the charts on body control. That was what jumped out at me watching his highlights at SMU. He's like an NBA shooting guard out there. It's not common in a guy his size.

Definitely better hands and "want" mentality than DT ever had. DT always struck me as lazy and detached.

Dude has had some big games this year. A lot of potential for a big time receiver in Sutton. If we can find a legit #2 WR, the offense has a heck of a future.

Wondering if we're gonna see Winfree get some opportunities on Sundays. Hamilton has been underwhelming and Spence lacks size plus the fumble yesterday was troublesome. Would like to see the rookie get some chances opposite Cortland.

Still, can't wait to see Sutton continue to develop. Kid can ball.

In the NFL I see WRs who maybe do not have the best physical tools but have the drive and mental tools to attack the ball - example Sanders

There are also guys who have exceptional physical tools but maybe lack the mental drive to really attack the ball - imo DT

It is nice to have Sutton who imo has both the exceptional physical tools and the mental drive to attack the ball.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

I was a little nervous when he was dropping the ball all over the place in camp, and made a couple ugly looking plays in the pre-season, but since the first game of the year he has been one of our sole bright spots on offense. What a season he is having, he should be a big time player around here for a long time. That catch over the cornerback to get Allen his first career touchdown was a special special play, not many guys can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Dude has had some big games this year. A lot of potential for a big time receiver in Sutton. If we can find a legit #2 WR, the offense has a heck of a future.

Wondering if we're gonna see Winfree get some opportunities on Sundays. Hamilton has been underwhelming and Spence lacks size plus the fumble yesterday was troublesome. Would like to see the rookie get some chances opposite Cortland.

We still have Patrick coming off IR.... He's pretty darn good!!

Yes, a fantastic effort and any less of an effort, it would have been an int. Hopefully, Cortland and Fant become a Smith and Sharp duo for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Plus he makes questionable choices when returning punts or fair-catching them etc
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Absolute stud. If he doesn't make that absurd grab over Ward, Brandon Allen's stat line looks a lot different and we likely lose the game. People don't seem to factor that in enough when they are assessing Allen's performance.. that one astounding catch by Sutton, if Ward picks it like he would 99 times out of 100, drops his passer rating 46 points.

Hopefully Allen learned from it and hopefully Sutton keeps up the awesome play!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Absolute stud. If he doesn't make that absurd grab over Ward, Brandon Allen's stat line looks a lot different and we likely lose the game. People don't seem to factor that in enough when they are assessing Allen's performance.. that one astounding catch by Sutton, if Ward picks it like he would 99 times out of 100, drops his passer rating 46 points.

Hopefully Allen learned from it and hopefully Sutton keeps up the awesome play!
    That’s a pass Flacco wouldn’t have even attempted. At some point you just have to give your guy a chance and he did just that. Carson Palmer revitalized his career in Arizona doing just that with Larry Fitzgerald

Credit to Elway for actually hitting on a 2nd rounder!