Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,994
    It's funny, during camp there were legit concerns about his hands, I remember Fangio discussing the drops on offense a lot. But I don't really recall Cortland putting any potential catches down during the season ? Cortland is special and a legitimate superstar in the making, if he isn't already.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,910
    Sutton is straight up ballin'.

    I had concerns of him actually becoming a legit #1 - but he has made me eat some tasty crow.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Sutton is straight up ballin'.

    I had concerns of him actually becoming a legit #1 - but he has made me eat some tasty crow.
    Me too... seems to be a bright spot this year

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,385
    Who's idea was it to draft this guy?????


  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    893
    At least his 1st TD catch was ESPN's #1 play of the day ahead of the Mike Williams catch late in the game for LAC

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,405
    He's an uncontested #1 WR of this team. However Patrick and Hamilton are not threats whatsoever, putting incredible pressure on Sutton to play at a pro-bowl level under double coverage every play.

    I believe strongly that our first or second round pick needs to be a speed WR like Jeudy or Jalen Reagor from TCU. That will help Lock, who is probably the most mobile QB we've had since Tebow, more rapidly than trying to draft 3 offensive linemen.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,857
    He's been the best player on the team (regardless of position) up to this point this season. You could tell he had the natural talent as a rookie, but to be producing the way he is, with the instability there's been at QB and lack of another consistent receiving threat, is quite remarkable.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,352
    One of the best catches you will ever see! But it's the Lock/Sutton era that excites me even more....imagine the number of hook ups that will follow!!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,548
    I love the way this guy plays. Lock is clearly comfortable throwing deep 50/50 passes and Sutton has shown he's capable of coming down with a lot of them. Him stretching the field will hopefully keep the safeties back more and make the run game easier.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,238
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He's an uncontested #1 WR of this team. However Patrick and Hamilton are not threats whatsoever, putting incredible pressure on Sutton to play at a pro-bowl level under double coverage every play.

    I believe strongly that our first or second round pick needs to be a speed WR like Jeudy or Jalen Reagor from TCU. That will help Lock, who is probably the most mobile QB we've had since Tebow, more rapidly than trying to draft 3 offensive linemen.
    Itís hard for me to see us going with another receiver that early, not after taking Sutton and Fant the last two years.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Itís hard for me to see us going with another receiver that early, not after taking Sutton and Fant the last two years.
    Our receiver stat lines to me are a strong indicator our receiving corps is lacking. Sutton had 4 receptions for 74 yards and 2 TDs. The next best receiver was Heuerman for 15 yards off 3 receptions. The ONLY reason we have any offensive production is because we drafted WR high in 2018. Sanders was our intended long term receiver, that is gone now. We have to draft his replacement or sign someone equal because that player is not on our team.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,714
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He's an uncontested #1 WR of this team. However Patrick and Hamilton are not threats whatsoever, putting incredible pressure on Sutton to play at a pro-bowl level under double coverage every play.

    I believe strongly that our first or second round pick needs to be a speed WR like Jeudy or Jalen Reagor from TCU. That will help Lock, who is probably the most mobile QB we've had since Tebow, more rapidly than trying to draft 3 offensive linemen.
    I would draft Chuba Hubbard from Ok State. He's got a size and speed blend that we don't currently have at RB (6'1 210 and was the 5th fastest person in the world for his age at the World Youth Athletics when he was in HS) then I would use both him and Lindsay at both RB and slot receiver. Then I'd sign a low cost veteran WR with some speed.

    I could be very wrong, but I think that gives the offense more dynamic than just adding another high pick at receiver. You've got your bigger players at WR: Sutton, Winfree, Patrick, FA. You've got Lindsay, Hubbard and Hamilton (he'll stick around for at least another year) in the slot, and you've got Fant, Heuerman, and probably Austin Fort at TE. Then you've got a smaller fast back in Lindsay, a bigger speed back in Hubbard and a bigger back in Freeman.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,046
    I would LOVE to draft cedee Lamb from Oklahoma with our 1st or 2nd pick depending where heís projected to go. We definitely need WR help. Think it was the right time to move on from sanders. We need some new faces in here

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Our receiver stat lines to me are a strong indicator our receiving corps is lacking. Sutton had 4 receptions for 74 yards and 2 TDs. The next best receiver was Heuerman for 15 yards off 3 receptions. The ONLY reason we have any offensive production is because we drafted WR high in 2018. Sanders was our intended long term receiver, that is gone now. We have to draft his replacement or sign someone equal because that player is not on our team.
    And you gotta remember like 30 of those yards were before the half when they didnt want mcmanus to kick it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •