• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Credit where credit is due, right now Jackson is looking to be on the path to prove a lot of people wrong, and few right, like you sir. I would like to take back my admission of being wrong on Baker Mayfield though which I gave up last year when he was pretty impressive early on, he looks like the mediocre guy some thought he was.
    It’s way way too early to do that. A lot of it could be play-calling. He’s having a bad year but it doesn’t mean he can’t get back to the level of play he had a year ago.
    sigpic

Comment

• bronx_2003
      Banned User
      • Oct 2003

That offense will be found out at some point, it always is, so Jackson will go one of 2 ways in his career.

He'll either be a Vick, dangerous but not a good enough pass to consistently win.

Or a Wilson who became an excellent passer in addition to being mobile and is now a pro bowl MVP type QB.

You will never get away from the fact that to win consistently, especially in the playoffs, you need to be a very good and very consistent passer of the ball.

Oh, and Mayfield has all the makings of a very good QB for a long time. He is having some consistency issues but is only in his second year and he will come good at some point. I wasn't sure about him in the draft but he will be a top QB for a number of years in this league.

I also think the Browns will click at some point and next season might be very dangerous, it was asking a lot for all the new pieces to gel so quickly this season.
      Last edited by bronx_2003; 11-17-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
        Football Immortal
        • Jun 2007

Lamar Jackson is completing 66% of his passes, he’s been a consistent passer this season.

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Lamar Jackson is completing 66% of his passes, he’s been a consistent passer this season.
          I’ve been wrong on him. And I’m ok admitting it. From the few games I’ve seen this year he looks like he has improved his passing game a ton from a year ago.

Part of that may be being more comfortable with what he sees.
          sigpic

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
            Hall of Famer
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Credit where credit is due, right now Jackson is looking to be on the path to prove a lot of people wrong, and few right, like you sir. I would like to take back my admission of being wrong on Baker Mayfield though which I gave up last year when he was pretty impressive early on, he looks like the mediocre guy some thought he was.
            Thank you. And I will like to take my claim on saying we should have taking lamar Jackson. I'm not surprised at what he is doing not one bit.
            Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• bronx_2003
              Banned User
              • Oct 2003

Lamar may be a good QB but people need to stop over-reacting about players in this league. I think we need 2 more full seasons to properly judge Lamar and Baker.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                Thank you. And I will like to take my claim on saying we should have taking lamar Jackson. I'm not surprised at what he is doing not one bit.
                I’m not convinced that in our system with our oline and our coaching that he wouldn’t be a total bust and look nothing like he does in Baltimore.

Baltimore spent a lot of the offseason molding the roster to fit around Lamar. We don’t mold our rosters to fit QBs. We try to force our QBs into the system we want to run.
                sigpic

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                  Hall of Famer
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  I’m not convinced that in our system with our oline and our coaching that he wouldn’t be a total bust and look nothing like he does in Baltimore.

Baltimore spent a lot of the offseason molding the roster to fit around Lamar. We don’t mold our rosters to fit QBs. We try to force our QBs into the system we want to run.
                  That's why is say Elway needs to go. Hey has that old 90s way of thinking.
                  Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2010

What has happened to Jackson in the playoffs. 2 games 2 terrible showing. that's looking bad for him as a playoff QB and you will hear these questions asked if he chokes another playoff game
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Spice 1
                      Football Immortal
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      Well, I gotta say I think that's No Bueno. Everybody says the Pats struggle against RPO looks, but remember what BB did to our Tebow offense? The Ravens pulverized those fools. Lamar is a serious problem. He's gotten so much better from the pocket, and the RPO looks are forcing 1v1s all over the field. They have 3 solid receiving threats at TE, and they use all 3 of them. When you factor in that he's always been good at throwing outside the pocket, they can beat you a ton of ways. Defensively, it's hard to dictate to these guys. They keep you at a disadvantage numbers wise.

I don't think they'll go to the SB this year, but it could definitely happen. What's going to get them in the end I think will be their defense. In particular their run defense, which is not as good as advertised. Somebody will slow down their offense enough to outscore them, I think.
                      Proof that if you make enough predictions, you'll get one right sooner or later.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        What has happened to Jackson in the playoffs. 2 games 2 terrible showing. that's looking bad for him as a playoff QB and you will hear these questions asked if he chokes another playoff game
                        He’s still one of the youngest QBs in the NFL. People can label him what they want and he’ll just use it as motivation to be that much better. He will watch the tape and see that he needs to improve throwing outside the numbers and the Ravens will add another WR to help him. No one expected him to go from a sub 60% passer to MVP but he did.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                          team preacher
                          • Mar 2008

He’ll be fine. He had some turnovers which happens to any quarterback. He still had almost 500 yards of offense which is nothing like last year’s playoff game.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Peanut
                            ModNut
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            He’s still one of the youngest QBs in the NFL. People can label him what they want and he’ll just use it as motivation to be that much better. He will watch the tape and see that he needs to improve throwing outside the numbers and the Ravens will add another WR to help him. No one expected him to go from a sub 60% passer to MVP but he did.
                            Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            He’ll be fine. He had some turnovers which happens to any quarterback. He still had almost 500 yards of offense which is nothing like last year’s playoff game.
                            The bolded. He improved so much from last year. He'll work hard during the off season and will keep improving. I like him. Too bad he's a Raven.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

He will still need to improve as a runner. I feel like this may have been a special season for ravens also. At least in the regular season. They definitely struggle from behind and they where not put behind alot during the season. I think vrabel had a great plan. But it is just kinda scary to see how he played today and worry maybe game plan better vs that offense. He still will need to improve as a passer to be an elite qb in this league I feel. He wasn't put in many situations where he had to win with his arm and it really helped him.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• bronx_2003
                                Banned User
                                • Oct 2003

LJ is a good and dangerous QB who had a very strong year, but I will still take proper passing QB's like Bree's, Mahomes, Brady, etc........ any day of the week. The Ravens catered the offense to his skills and they can be very hard to stop but when they fall behind and the 'option' is not working then LJ is not accurate or good enough to dice a D up and bring the team back from multiple scores. I thought he was inaccurate most of the night, barring a few good throws, and his stats are a complete misrepresentation of how he performed.

I said the other week that we need to look at LJ in a year or two because D's always figure out how to slow down funky offenses like the Ravens 'option' offense. I'm not saying it has been figured out but Tennesee clearly had a plan how to contain him and largely it worked barring the odd big run, I expect next season that more D's will have the blueprint of stopping that style of offense.

QB's like Vick and LJ are great to watch a dangerous, but are not consistently accurate enough or good enough to read D's to become elite QB's. Give me a 'proper' QB any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X