Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,919

    And yall thought I was crazy....

    When it comes to these qbs coming out of college I call it right. Lamar Jackson is a beast and will continue. Elway slipped on this major talent.

    Baker who??? Oh the one with obj, landry, and chubb but lead the nfl in ints and has not thrown more than 1 td in a game. The one I said he is nothing to shake a stick at?

    I'm not high on any of these qbs coming out. If Tua is 100% healthy it may be ight. Burrows still watching him. I like him will continue. I have not jumped on that boat but I'm walking to it.

    Not big on T Lawrence but he still has next year.

    Really high on my (A-Town) Homeboy J Fields, would sale the the farm for him.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    When it comes to these qbs coming out of college I call it right. Lamar Jackson is a beast and will continue. Elway slipped on this major talent.

    Baker who??? Oh the one with obj, landry, and chubb but lead the nfl in ints and has not thrown more than 1 td in a game. The one I said he is nothing to shake a stick at?

    I'm not high on any of these qbs coming out. If Tua is 100% healthy it may be ight. Burrows still watching him. I like him will continue. I have not jumped on that boat but I'm walking to it.

    Not big on T Lawrence but he still has next year.

    Really high on my (A-Town) Homeboy J Fields, would sale the the farm for him.
    so then your not on the lock train at all i take it?

    Baker has the worst HC in the nfl atm. he is doing to much and way over his head. kittchens may be a one and done for a reason.

    what i feel right now JAckson and MAhomes are the best young QB coming up with Watson not far behind.

    i am excited to see Fields year 2. he has looked good year 1 and i think he can grow to be even better year 2. i also agree with Fields>lawernce.

    i really like Tua, i think he is a franchise QB and gonna end up as a top 5 QB most his prime. i feel he has everything you want in a QB. you can't question his toughness. he may not play the best hurt. but he is a tough kid. he has a great mind set and work eithic which i like.

    the more i watch Burrow which is about 4 or 5 game this season. the more i watch him the more i like him. he is putting up video game like numbers and checks off the box for every thing you'd want from a NFL QB. he is sneaky athletic he has all the arm strength and he gets the ball out of his hands quickly.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-10-2019 at 01:48 PM.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,608
    Baltimore have a very unique style with a physical OL, a good RB in Edwards and a good runner in Jackson, teams can't figure out how to stop it so Edwards and Jackson have big running lanes and the receivers all get single coverage.

    Somehow the Chargers stopped them running in the playoffs last year and they looked awful on offense.

    Running QB's usually get figured out, even Vick got slowed down after a couple of seasons. History tells you that running QB's get stopped, it will be interesting to see how he is getting on 2 years from now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Baltimore have a very unique style with a physical OL, a good RB in Edwards and a good runner in Jackson, teams can't figure out how to stop it so Edwards and Jackson have big running lanes and the receivers all get single coverage.

    Somehow the Chargers stopped them running in the playoffs last year and they looked awful on offense.

    Running QB's usually get figured out, even Vick got slowed down after a couple of seasons. History tells you that running QB's get stopped, it will be interesting to see how he is getting on 2 years from now.
    Really???? The chargers stopped a rookie qb with no offseason to throw to his wrs. And with him playing is worst game they still had a chance to win. Jaskson is a far better thrower Than vick was.

    Jackson 15-17 200+ yards passing, 2 passing td and 1 rushing and didn't play the 4th quarter.

    Not bad for a running back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,120
    No Jackson doesnít have more arm talent than Vick did. Vick is one of the most physically gifted men to ever put on cleats. Jackson has 2 things going for him Vick didnít:
    1. Jackson is a much better student of the game than Vick was. This is evident observing his development from year 1 to year 2.

    2. Jackson plays in an era where offenses are tailored around running quarterbacks, When Vick played quarterbacks learned to play in a pro style offense or they didnít play at all. Vick got all of his rushing yards from scrambling out of designed pass plays. There was no triple option in the nfl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,919
    That's your opinion. Vick had a cannon but there is most types of throws Jackson makes than just a rifle.

    Atlanta is my stomping ground and the falcons the make the offense around vick and his style. More gave vick the rights to run whenever he wanted. And the also did rpo... maybe not as much.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,704
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Baltimore have a very unique style with a physical OL, a good RB in Edwards and a good runner in Jackson, teams can't figure out how to stop it so Edwards and Jackson have big running lanes and the receivers all get single coverage.

    Somehow the Chargers stopped them running in the playoffs last year and they looked awful on offense.

    Running QB's usually get figured out, even Vick got slowed down after a couple of seasons. History tells you that running QB's get stopped, it will be interesting to see how he is getting on 2 years from now.
    Why is Jackson still classified as a running QB? Heís only running if thatís the play call or if there is absolutely no one open for him to throw to. Heís completing 66% of his passes and heís taking care of the football. Jackson has improved vastly from year 1 to year 2 and heís primarily done it with a hampered Marquise Brown and a bevy of TEs. He still doesnít have great chemistry with any WR outside of Brown and once he starts being able to get them the ball heís going to be even more dangerous.

    Also itís Mark Ingram at RB, Edwards is the backup.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Why is Jackson still classified as a running QB? Heís only running if thatís the play call or if there is absolutely no one open for him to throw to. Heís completing 66% of his passes and heís taking care of the football. Jackson has improved vastly from year 1 to year 2 and heís primarily done it with a hampered Marquise Brown and a bevy of TEs. He still doesnít have great chemistry with any WR outside of Brown and once he starts being able to get them the ball heís going to be even more dangerous.

    Also itís Mark Ingram at RB, Edwards is the backup.
    11.8 carries per game, he is 11th in rushing yards, has more rushing yards than Ingram and has carried the ball more than Gurley (not sure how much Gurley has been injured this season). The next QB rushing the ball is Kyler Murray and he is 46th in rushing yards. He is 22 in pass attempts, ~23rd in passing yards/gm. I would say it is still reasonable to call him a running QB. But I also think he has proven to also be a good passing QB too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,704
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    11.8 carries per game, he is 11th in rushing yards, has more rushing yards than Ingram and has carried the ball more than Gurley (not sure how much Gurley has been injured this season). The next QB rushing the ball is Kyler Murray and he is 46th in rushing yards. He is 22 in pass attempts, ~23rd in passing yards/gm. I would say it is still reasonable to call him a running QB. But I also think he has proven to also be a good passing QB too.
    Yes heís a QB that gets a lot of called runs. But usually people say running QB thereís a negative connotation to it being that they typically arenít good passers. Lamar is a good passer, heís not great yet but heís good enough to win games from the pocket.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,388
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Yes he’s a QB that gets a lot of called runs. But usually people say running QB there’s a negative connotation to it being that they typically aren’t good passers. Lamar is a good passer, he’s not great yet but he’s good enough to win games from the pocket.
    I would call him a running QB because it's a run heavy offence and they call him on a lot of QB runs (as Brian pointed out). They're attempting runs (or he's running) around 30% of the time where it's a play called for him. He's had 5 of 9 games with 14 or more rushing attempts, to me that's a running QB.

    His passing ability has increased dramatically this year though, and that will benefit him and the Ravens as his career goes on. I'm curious if teams will start defending him the way they defended Tebow (another running QB, but with much less passing ability) and just start passively rushing 4 (keep contain), spying him with the Mac and then making him beat them with the pass? Once he takes the step of beating teams that way then he'll fully become that next tier Superstar QB.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,413
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Yes heís a QB that gets a lot of called runs. But usually people say running QB thereís a negative connotation to it being that they typically arenít good passers. Lamar is a good passer, heís not great yet but heís good enough to win games from the pocket.
    Is he good enough to win from the pocket if the running game is non existent?

    I like Jackson as a quarterback but he probably still has to prove he can overcome a bad running game before people stop calling him a running quarterback.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would call him a running QB because it's a run heavy offence and they call him on a lot of QB runs (as Brian pointed out). They're attempting runs (or he's running) around 30% of the time where it's a play called for him. He's had 5 of 9 games with 14 or more rushing attempts, to me that's a running QB.

    His passing ability has increased dramatically this year though, and that will benefit him and the Ravens as his career goes on. I'm curious if teams will start defending him the way they defended Tebow (another running QB, but with much less passing ability) and just start passively rushing 4 (keep contain), spying him with the Mac and then making him beat them with the pass? Once he takes the step of beating teams that way then he'll fully become that next tier Superstar QB.
    I just hate the term running QB because of the connotation that comes with it. Jackson isnít only looking at his first read and then taking off, he goes through his reads and tries to find the open WR. And I doubt theyíll ever get away from being this run heavy until thereís a serious injury or he just loses his explosiveness. His running ability opens up so much for everyone else.

    Whatíd you think of their Heisman formation? Thatís a dangerous little gimmick

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would call him a running QB because it's a run heavy offence and they call him on a lot of QB runs (as Brian pointed out). They're attempting runs (or he's running) around 30% of the time where it's a play called for him. He's had 5 of 9 games with 14 or more rushing attempts, to me that's a running QB.

    His passing ability has increased dramatically this year though, and that will benefit him and the Ravens as his career goes on. I'm curious if teams will start defending him the way they defended Tebow (another running QB, but with much less passing ability) and just start passively rushing 4 (keep contain), spying him with the Mac and then making him beat them with the pass? Once he takes the step of beating teams that way then he'll fully become that next tier Superstar QB.
    Well, I gotta say I think that's No Bueno. Everybody says the Pats struggle against RPO looks, but remember what BB did to our Tebow offense? The Ravens pulverized those fools. Lamar is a serious problem. He's gotten so much better from the pocket, and the RPO looks are forcing 1v1s all over the field. They have 3 solid receiving threats at TE, and they use all 3 of them. When you factor in that he's always been good at throwing outside the pocket, they can beat you a ton of ways. Defensively, it's hard to dictate to these guys. They keep you at a disadvantage numbers wise.

    I don't think they'll go to the SB this year, but it could definitely happen. What's going to get them in the end I think will be their defense. In particular their run defense, which is not as good as advertised. Somebody will slow down their offense enough to outscore them, I think.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    so then your not on the lock train at all i take it?

    Baker has the worst HC in the nfl atm. he is doing to much and way over his head. kittchens may be a one and done for a reason.

    what i feel right now JAckson and MAhomes are the best young QB coming up with Watson not far behind.

    i am excited to see Fields year 2. he has looked good year 1 and i think he can grow to be even better year 2. i also agree with Fields>lawernce.

    i really like Tua, i think he is a franchise QB and gonna end up as a top 5 QB most his prime. i feel he has everything you want in a QB. you can't question his toughness. he may not play the best hurt. but he is a tough kid. he has a great mind set and work eithic which i like.

    the more i watch Burrow which is about 4 or 5 game this season. the more i watch him the more i like him. he is putting up video game like numbers and checks off the box for every thing you'd want from a NFL QB. he is sneaky athletic he has all the arm strength and he gets the ball out of his hands quickly.
    I think Tua is potentially the best QB prospect in college football. The problem is he is made of glass.

    Just suffered another injury. This time to his hip that appears pretty bad.

    Iím not sure he has the bones to survive the league.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,754
    Credit where credit is due, right now Jackson is looking to be on the path to prove a lot of people wrong, and few right, like you sir. I would like to take back my admission of being wrong on Baker Mayfield though which I gave up last year when he was pretty impressive early on, he looks like the mediocre guy some thought he was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •