Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Credit where credit is due, right now Jackson is looking to be on the path to prove a lot of people wrong, and few right, like you sir. I would like to take back my admission of being wrong on Baker Mayfield though which I gave up last year when he was pretty impressive early on, he looks like the mediocre guy some thought he was.
    Itís way way too early to do that. A lot of it could be play-calling. Heís having a bad year but it doesnít mean he canít get back to the level of play he had a year ago.

That offense will be found out at some point, it always is, so Jackson will go one of 2 ways in his career.

He'll either be a Vick, dangerous but not a good enough pass to consistently win.

Or a Wilson who became an excellent passer in addition to being mobile and is now a pro bowl MVP type QB.

You will never get away from the fact that to win consistently, especially in the playoffs, you need to be a very good and very consistent passer of the ball.

Oh, and Mayfield has all the makings of a very good QB for a long time. He is having some consistency issues but is only in his second year and he will come good at some point. I wasn't sure about him in the draft but he will be a top QB for a number of years in this league.

I also think the Browns will click at some point and next season might be very dangerous, it was asking a lot for all the new pieces to gel so quickly this season.
    Last edited by bronx_2003; 11-17-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Lamar Jackson is completing 66% of his passes, heís been a consistent passer this season.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Lamar Jackson is completing 66% of his passes, heís been a consistent passer this season.
    Iíve been wrong on him. And Iím ok admitting it. From the few games Iíve seen this year he looks like he has improved his passing game a ton from a year ago.

Part of that may be being more comfortable with what he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Credit where credit is due, right now Jackson is looking to be on the path to prove a lot of people wrong, and few right, like you sir. I would like to take back my admission of being wrong on Baker Mayfield though which I gave up last year when he was pretty impressive early on, he looks like the mediocre guy some thought he was.
    Thank you. And I will like to take my claim on saying we should have taking lamar Jackson. I'm not surprised at what he is doing not one bit.

Lamar may be a good QB but people need to stop over-reacting about players in this league. I think we need 2 more full seasons to properly judge Lamar and Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Thank you. And I will like to take my claim on saying we should have taking lamar Jackson. I'm not surprised at what he is doing not one bit.
    Iím not convinced that in our system with our oline and our coaching that he wouldnít be a total bust and look nothing like he does in Baltimore.

Baltimore spent a lot of the offseason molding the roster to fit around Lamar. We donít mold our rosters to fit QBs. We try to force our QBs into the system we want to run.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m not convinced that in our system with our oline and our coaching that he wouldn’t be a total bust and look nothing like he does in Baltimore.

Baltimore spent a lot of the offseason molding the roster to fit around Lamar. We don’t mold our rosters to fit QBs. We try to force our QBs into the system we want to run.
    That's why is say Elway needs to go. Hey has that old 90s way of thinking.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*