Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CeeDee Lamb

CeeDee Lamb

We currently sit at 9. Lets say we hold and stay in that 8-10 range. Both Thomas and Wirfs go before us, which is more than possible right now based on the needs of the Jets and Giants and Skins. No one wants to trade up with us (in this hypothetical) Would the board be against drafting Lamb? Ive been breaking down his tape and While Jeudy appears to be 1 in the wr class this year, Lamb is easily 1A. He isnt as explosive as Jeudy but his hands are better and he has absolutely no problem at the point of attack. Add his ability to truck defenders if he cant make them miss along with his leadership qualities and this guy has the ability to take our young and up and coming offense to another level (based on our QB play of course) What says the mob?
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

We are going to see arguably 4 QBs go top 10. There will be a handful of defenders that go top 10 as well. It is very possible one of if not both tackles fall right into our lap and I fully expect it.

Imo, a top pick WR should not even be a consideration. LT, CB, DT, ILB and QB should be the highest priority and you could make a case for any one of them to be the top pick. Personally, LT if not signed as a free agent should be our top pick. WR is something we can wait until 3rd or 4th rounds for. I can even see us signing a good FA WR instead of drafting one

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I wouldnt be against it, Lamb is going to be a very good WR for a very long time. He reminds me of Hopkins in a lot of ways. Would I want to skip over a bigger area of need? Id rather not but another legit WR that can get open quickly can help out the oline and the QB.

The only way that Lamb makes sense to me is if they plan on one of our young guns to be the future here. If they feel Lock is the guy than sure, give him an elite weapon. But, they still have to block for him so I still have to believe that a LT would be the top target. Denver is supposed to have around 60+ mil in cap space next season so who knows what\who they target in FA too

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

This WR class is Insanely talented, and insanely deep. I would like for us to grab 2 WRs this this draft.

However not in the 1st round. We need to get this OLine straighten out. If we miss out on Tackles we like and no one wants to trade down, it has to be a DB. The cupboard is pretty bare there as well.

If we have a WR with a 1st round grade fall to us in the 2nd ala Courtland Sutton. I have Zero problem jumping on one then. But no sooner.

Hurts and Lamb. Elway needs to get his act together and get us 1st and 2nd....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    please keep hurts far away from this team he is gonna get over drafted and never live up to anything as a QB in the nfl. he may end up having to switch positions.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Im sorry, I dont understand this one. You are proposing we draft both? Im guessing Lamb in the 1st and Hurts in the 2nd?

Only if he/they can block on the line. We aren't building a line through expensive free agents.For any qb to be good he has to have time to make the throws and running game would certainly help too.I don't care how good the WR is. If the QB doesn't have time to throw the ball it won't matter. The qb's best friend isn't a wide receiver, its a good LT. I would love to see 1st 2 picks dedicated to the OL and the first 1 should be the best LT on the board.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Im sorry, I dont understand this one. You are proposing we draft both? Im guessing Lamb in the 1st and Hurts in the 2nd?
    Yes both. 1st round. Hurts first and then lamb
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Yes both. 1st round. Hurts first and then lamb
    Sarcasm, this has to be....right?

You can have all the WR in the world and if you don't have a QB to throw them the ball then it doesn't really matter. Case-in-point: Emmanuel Sanders is washed up... whoops, he's a #1 in SF

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    We currently sit at 9. Lets say we hold and stay in that 8-10 range. Both Thomas and Wirfs go before us, which is more than possible right now based on the needs of the Jets and Giants and Skins. No one wants to trade up with us (in this hypothetical) Would the board be against drafting Lamb? Ive been breaking down his tape and While Jeudy appears to be 1 in the wr class this year, Lamb is easily 1A. He isnt as explosive as Jeudy but his hands are better and he has absolutely no problem at the point of attack. Add his ability to truck defenders if he cant make them miss along with his leadership qualities and this guy has the ability to take our young and up and coming offense to another level (based on our QB play of course) What says the mob?

If still available, I would have zero problem with using our 1st pick on Lamb (or Jeudy) to go opposite Sutton.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    If still available, I would have zero problem with using our 1st pick on Lamb (or Jeudy) to go opposite Sutton.
    I would why not build our o-line cause having more good wr doesnt mean we have any one that can block for our qb

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I would why not build our o-line cause having more good wr doesnt mean we have any one that can block for our qb
    well we could be like Cleveland and have little to know blocking but a ton of weapons