Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    My problem is the eps are too short especially for only an 8 ep season. Its hard for me to get into a rhythm with it. This is an IP with so much lore and depth its insane they went with such short episodes AND a short season.
    Bingo, so used to long movies that when these end, I'm like.....that's it?

My problem is the eps are too short especially for only an 8 ep season. Its hard for me to get into a rhythm with it. This is an IP with so much lore and depth its insane they went with such short episodes AND a short season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Thatís why Iím waiting until Xmas to watch it. Watch it all at once and itíll be about 4-5 hours long.

A show that leaves you hungry for more isn't necessarily a bad thing!

The production value is extremely high, $15M per episode, as much as Game of Thrones final season but with less minutes. For GoT they had a limited number of episodes which took two years to produce because they were going for movie quality, particularly with the FX. Mandalorian is receiving critical acclaim for having the look and feel of the movies (and it will probably win some awards for that) but considering it takes 2-3 years to produce a single 2hr Star Wars film, the brevity of the episodes and season is understandable since they are trying to match cinematic production quality.

They also may be testing the waters; Alan Horn's comment suggests that they weren't certain this would be successful. Since it is, maybe they will throw more resources at it and increase episode count in future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    That’s why I’m waiting until Xmas to watch it. Watch it all at once and it’ll be about 4-5 hours long.
    It may be best binged, I dunno.
    Last edited by L.M.; 12-04-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    A show that leaves you hungry for more isn't necessarily a bad thing!
    My problem is its not leaving me hungry for more, its barely enough to get my appetite up.

It may be best binged, I dunno.
    I agree, and I know what they are trying to with weekly releases but again it would work better with either longer eps or more eps. I dont mind waiting and feeling the anticipation when i know im going to get a hour to a hour and a half of entertainment, but with only 30 minutes its not the same for me, i don't get near excited because i know its going to be short and not enough things can happen.

30 minutes is fine for sitcoms, but an IP with so much history, lore, and worlds, a 4 hour season is not enough.

Hopefully you are right and they were just testing the waters and they will increase in the future.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Togo with William Defoe was outstanding.

Finished up the Mandalorian yesterday and loved how they set up the next season. What sucks is that they’ll probably wait for all these free year long subscriptions to run out before they release it.

Finished up the Mandalorian yesterday and loved how they set up the next season. What sucks is that they’ll probably wait for all these free year long subscriptions to run out before they release it.
    Not really any different than Netflix with their shows.

Iím signed up for 4 years so I wonít be missing any of it. My kids watch the app daily. Plus the marvel shows will drop before the 1 free year ends. And I thought there were other Star Wars shows coming? At least animated anyway.

Not really any different than Netflix with their shows.

Iím signed up for 4 years so I wonít be missing any of it. My kids watch the app daily. Plus the marvel shows will drop before the 1 free year ends. And I thought there were other Star Wars shows coming? At least animated anyway.
    What are the release dates on some of these Marvel shows like Loki?

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    What are the release dates on some of these Marvel shows like Loki?
    I donít know exactly but sometime in 2020 I believe.

I think they were smart to not have all these rumored shows available at launch. They have to give people reasons to stay subscribed like with Netflix. Canít have everyone binge in the first month and cancel until season 2.

They moved WandaVision up from 2021 to 2020.

The fall of 2020 is going to be packed with exciting new shows. Unlike The Mandalorian, they better have their toys ready for Christmas. I'm really excited about WandaVision because it appears to be a 50s style sitcom.

Togo with William Defoe was outstanding.
    Holy Husky that was good, wow! What a great story to be told as well...I too thought that Balto was the "heroic" lead dog of the 1925 diphtheria serum run. I had no idea that another dog played the role that Togo actually did in making that almost impossible journey.

Great movie.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Binge watched the first 5 episodes of Mandalorian tonight with the wife. Definitely impressed.

But why did Favreu go with a musical score that doesnít sound like Star Wars?

Binge watched the first 5 episodes of Mandalorian tonight with the wife. Definitely impressed.

But why did Favreu go with a musical score that doesnít sound like Star Wars?
    The style of the show is "space western" and I think the music was adjusted to that. It reminds me a little of a theme that was used in a western show or movie, I've been trying to remember which one...
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    The style of the show is "space western" and I think the music was adjusted to that. It reminds me a little of a theme that was used in a western show or movie, I've been trying to remember which one...
    Exactly, thatís why i liked it. Im not a big Star Wars fan, but watch them because my two sons are.
    The music sort of reminded of something from Marvel