2021 Dead Cap: $4,225,000

2019 STATS: (Personal Best w/ year)
    Games: 12 Out: 1 (Broncos 5-8)
    Ast. Tackles: 12 (Best: 19, '18)
    Solo Tackles: 26 (Best: 62, '16)
    Combined Tackles: 38 (Best: 78, '16)
    Sacks: 6 (Best: 18.5, '12)
    Forced Fumbles: 0 (Best: 6, '12)
    Interception: 0 (Best: 1, '18 + 1w/TD '12 )

OPINION SECOND:

Should the Broncos move on from its Super Bowl MVP?

If so, and the Broncos exercise the 2020 Club Option
    by its 3/18/20 deadline, it would give the team roughly 5 weeks
    before the April 23- NFL Draft to seek a trade partner.

What should be his trading price?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...n-miller-7717/
    http://www.nfl.com/player/vonmiller/2495202/profile
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 12-09-2019 at 11:28 PM.

His value as part of the roster is worth way more to this team than the potential cap savings/compensation we would get from cutting/trading him.

Heís a future HOFer thatís still top 5 at his position and emerging as the clear-cut leader for this young team both on and off the field.

I see us easily getting at least 3-5 more top-tier seasons from him. I shudder to think what our defense could do with another offseason under Fangio and with a completely healthy Bradley Chubb (in addition to any FA signees and draft talent).

In order to save the money, they have to cut him.

They donít have a 5 week window. They have 9 days from the start of the new league year until March 18. You canít trade a player you cut.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    His value as part of the roster is worth way more to this team than the potential cap savings/compensation we would get from cutting/trading him.

He’s a future HOFer that’s still top 5 at his position and emerging as the clear-cut leader for this young team both on and off the field.

I see us easily getting at least 3-5 more top-tier seasons from him. I shudder to think what our defense could do with another offseason under Fangio and with a completely healthy Bradley Chubb (in addition to any FA signees and draft talent).
    This. Completely agree. Some people are way too quick to just move on from top players.

I hope Miller retires as a bronco Elway should never let him go

I'd like to see Von remain a Bronco his entire career...I always thought it was very sad that Atwater and Shannon didn't do the same. That said, I became a Vikings fan back in '69 as a little kid a decade or two before player movement between teams began to be a frequent part of the game so I'm old school as far as that goes. As a Vikings fan back then, I loved Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, Paul Krause, Ahmad Rashad and those guys but my favorite Viking was always Alan Page. It really bummed me out that he didn't finish as a career Viking playing his last season in Chicago. When I became a fan of course there were occasional big trades, but nowadays players move so frequently it's rare to expect the core of a team to be wearing the same helmets as the year before. Oh well, the game has moved on but I guess I haven't

When I run into 9er fans I always like to rub it in their face that their precious Joe Montana was so unwanted by SF he chose to finish his career in KC...and could never return to the SB while Elway ended as a career Bronco and the SB MVP
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

I wouldnít complain if he were traded for at least a third and some change.

I would hope they would get more though.

Von is a great run defender, but his overall on impact on games has slowly declined over the last 2 years. Teams don't place anywhere near the attention on him they did 3 or 4 years ago, and Von just doesn't win his match ups often enough for my liking. I wouldn't be opposed to moving on from him, but I don't trust Elway with that cleared cap space anyway. So due to my love for Von and what he has done, I would rather see him stay then watch Elway severely overpaid for an injured overrated player anyway.

If Shaq Barrett hits free agency, we should dump Von and sign him. Never should have let him go!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    If Shaq Barrett hits free agency, we should dump Von and sign him. Never should have let him go!
    I think you forgot the sarcasm button.

Whoever chose 3rd rounder....Wow. Just wow.
    New England Patriots GM

Miller Chubb 2020 I CANT WAIT

I think it was pretty clear this season that Von was used differently than he has been the rest of his career. I don't know what % but he often was not pass rushing in games this season. There also was some news in preseason that he had an injury to his knee; maybe the same one that caused him to sit out a game recently? It wouldn't surprise me if he has a relatively minor surgery on his knee this off-season. Just my speculation, but maybe he has not been 100% this season.
    I am looking forward to having him and Chubb 100% next season and in the 2nd season with Fangio, should be a great D.
    I hope Von retires a Bronco but he will probably want to play longer than the Broncos will keep him and will probably end up finishing his career somewhere else still, I hope not.

If the Broncos exercise Vonís option he is guaranteed $6 mil in 2020 and his contract salary is $17.5 mil and $500k workout bonus. At this point his value is not $18 mil and I donít see any scenario whereby another team would pay him that much. Although he hasnít been as good as a pass rusher heís still solid as a run defender. As a few have mentioned he might be a better pass rusher by reducing his snap count. Seems like renegotiating his contract could be beneficial for the Broncos and Von. If Von isnít willing to take a significant pay cut then itís time to let him go.

If someone offers two firsts we need to take it, unless we have a realistic shot at winning the west next year
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 12-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.