Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A lot of blame and attention is given to the O-Line. One of the things that have seemed blatent is that our RBs and especially Freeman are missing a lot of assignments in the pass blocking schemes. It is fine to be after Garreth Holds but when Freeman stands alone in the pocket, both tackles are beat and no one is near that is a huge problem.

DT in many interviews said that one of the things he took most pride in was blocking - and it does not seem like brains, coaching, scheme... whatever is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I feel like we would have to be lucky to get Thomas
    You might be right BUT has this FO learned its lesson from years past? We have already seen the Elway model of draft a ton of guys and see who sticks....so IMO it is better to package picks and move up from 7 to 5 or where ever it would take for us to nab a top shelf LT. We simply cannot keep cobbling together an O-line and hope that our young group of QBs can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Are they all going to be prioritizing OL #1 and drafting need over BPA??? And look how many need a QB.
    Not sure what people will be doing. There will probably be trades. Free agency will happen.

I personally was surprised how many teams needed OL. I do not think I have ever seen this many teams with OL need.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

This is sad. Last year I knew more about the draft earlier and better than ever before, before our season even ended. I can't believe it, but I might eclipse this knowledge thing sooner this year. Not a good sign when I know a lot about draftees....this early!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Not sure what people will be doing. There will probably be trades. Free agency will happen.

I personally was surprised how many teams needed OL. I do not think I have ever seen this many teams with OL need.
    I've seen it on team's shopping lists often, though not sure about it being the top need for every team? It's really too early to determine anything --final standings/draft positions, each team's needs (a key injury here or there during the balance of the season could change what those are), and who the best draft prospects are --any of of the current hot prospects could fall out of favor if they don't play well down the final stretch, or if they get injured.

If the Broncos do go O-Line in the top two rounds, it looks like there's a number of decent possibilities. Walter has his evolving lists ranking each position and many on the G category can play T as well.

2020 NFL Draft Prospects: Guards

2020 NFL Draft Prospects: Offensive Tackles
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Tankathon has us at 9th currently (not 7th) and Walter Football has us picking Joe Burrow at #9 with Andrew Thomas to the Redskins and OT Austin Jackson to the Browns before us.
    If they do end up picking Burrow, they may as well train a running back to be the QB, because without OL help they will be running for their lives all game long......

O-line should be our priority, however...McGlinchey (9th overall) got steamrolled by Clowney last week while Garoppolo did his best Flacco impersonation.

The trend now seems to be mobile elusive QB's that throw accurately on the run to negate the nasty pass rushers.

One can wish...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    O-line should be our priority, however...McGlinchey (9th overall) got steamrolled by Clowney last week while Garoppolo did his best Flacco impersonation.

The trend now seems to be mobile elusive QB's that throw accurately on the run to negate the nasty pass rushers.

One can wish...
    COULD NOT agree with you more! Then again, not sure I have ever disagreed with you, even when we were disagreeing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I feel like we would have to be lucky to get Thomas
    Yeah, but it's hard telling what will happen. A lot of teams in front of us have a multitude of needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yeah, but it's hard telling what will happen. A lot of teams in front of us have a multitude of needs.
    Exactly, this draft WILL have at least 3 QBs going top 10, probably even top 5. Skill position players like Jeudy and Lamb will peak some top 10 teams interest. Defenders like Young, (who might be the top pick overall) Okudah and Simmons could be top 10 targets as well. This draft is loaded with some serious talent up front. Thomas might not fall to us but I don't think that trading up for him will be that hard considering we'll probably have 4 3rd round picks at our disposal

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Getting a LT might require a bit of luck, but other upgrades can be made.