Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Let's not forget there's plenty of tape on Colin Kaepernick.
    Ok and this matters why?.......

I am certainly not thinking that would work in his favor.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

FTR....not that it matters one iota, both Wilbon and his co-host Kornheiser, of PTI fame, agree that The NFL seems to be messing this up. Wilbon is the stronger of the two on the subject. I respect what they both know. More than we probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    My understanding was that it was agreed to. So if that be the case, it is fair. If I received inaccurate info, then you would be right.

I think that answers the questions I received. Like I say, if my info is wrong, some of my thoughts are off a bit.

But I still think he deserves a chance.
    Nobody knows what was agreed. But again I'll ask, Why? What makes him so special that anything had to be agreed upon period?

He is an unemployed qb. Most unemployed qbs are just wanting a chance at a tryout and happy if anyone shows. They are not trying to gain attention in the public eye and demanding that they should know who is coming. They are the ones looking for the job, not the employers who might be interested.

He has done nothing professionally to warrant him making any demands period. With some of the latest tape he should feel lucky anyone even shows.

Nope, seems more like an attention grabber to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Nobody knows what was agreed. But again I'll ask, Why? What makes him so special that anything had to be agreed upon period?

He is an unemployed qb. Most unemployed qbs are just wanting a chance at a tryout and happy if anyone shows. They are not trying to gain attention in the public eye and demanding that they should know who is coming. They are the ones looking for the job, not the employers who might be interested.

He has done nothing professionally to warrant him making any demands period. With some of the latest tape he should feel lucky anyone even shows.

Nope, seems more like an attention grabber to me.
    That's your take. I respect it. I see it a little different based on the sources I use. I heard that it was agreed to, and that's why I responded as I did.

I think we can agree to disagree a little.

Anyway....the bottom line, the guy will probably not have it anymore. And from what I understand, this is the easy part when it comes to players getting jobs. So he can not mess up one bit on Saturday.

That's your take. I respect it. I see it a little different based on the sources I use. I heard that it was agreed to, and that's why I responded as I did.

I think we can agree to disagree a little.
    Fair enough......

The NFal generally does not get involved in player workouts...

They did in this case... probably seeing he was doing nothing, and then would complain again about collusion...

Then they set this workout

Kaep and his people complain and nitpick detail

Looks like attention seeking from a person with a net worth at an estimated 20 million and probably no desire to come back except to use the platform...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The NFal generally does not get involved in player workouts...

They did in this case... probably seeing he was doing nothing, and then would complain again about collusion...

Then they set this workout

Kaep and his people complain and nitpick detail

Looks like attention seeking from a person with a net worth at an estimated 20 million and probably no desire to come back except to use the platform...
    Canít disagree that this is a real possibility. The only thing I would argue is that itís likely that a team or more than one team initiated the workout request because they wanted the league to provide cover from any backlash.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

This whole thing is not a big issue to me, but I am curious as to what happens on Saturday. Why? Cause I love sports, and all the craziness and surprises that come with it. I think there will always be at least 2 camps on his situation. I get that. But for the sake of the sports person I am, I welcome comebacks almost always. Some go badly, some actually add some excitement.

Not sure if this a "second chance" scenario, and not even going near the "other side" of this storyline. But I used to like the player, and I am interested to see what he has. Because if anyone thinks that the NFL has been loaded with quality starting and backup QBs over the last few years, they've been watching a different game than I.

It is definitely newsworthy again.

One more thing....my nephew looks sort of like him, so I have this soft spot that makes little sense....

I know there was a lot of court battles. Maybe there was an agreement to allow him to 'try out' or something.

IF not -- or as well ............. I think the surge and success of running QB's of late such as Llamar of Balt, Arizona's rookie, and many others probably makes Kaep more of a viable option on paper at least. Remember last we saw him he really wasn't all that great tho -so...

...but he always was pretty fast
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

All this feels like is the NFL going out of it's way to get this guy a promoted try out so they can put all this discrimination and blackballing accusations to bed once and for all. I have never in the history of the NFL seen a player get promoted like this.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Heck, watching Mayfield and Rudolph tonight, and a bunch of other QBs, I should be getting a try out this weekend!!!

But this is what bugs me....not you of course....that we or any other team is doing it for PR. If it's that obvious, why bother? Especially if the guy really wants to play. Not saying he has his heart set on it, but say he was hoping for a chance.

Reminds me when we used to apply for jobs we thought we had a shot at, and then after you got all pumped up about a potential promotion, someone said, "they already know who they want." Just going through the motions. Never liked that process.
    Well as part of the PR maybe the NFL is "asking" teams to go. It might not be PR but the way the NFL is going about this is really suspicious.
    Last edited by swingarm; 11-14-2019 at 09:06 PM.

It likely is on Collin to perform at this showing. If he impresses someone, he'll get an offer. Even as a back up. But it's on him now. I'm not saying the NFL isn't doing this to dissuade impressions of black ballage but ....... bottom line is teams need good QB's and if he looks good -- why wouldn't they offer him something? I guess some answers to that question are - distractions ..... like say the first game he plays (or just suits up even) -he kneels. I Mean .......... bam all the sudden we're back to that mess. Even if he doesn't kneel you know the cams will be locked in on him to see what he does do
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Players are only worth what someone is willing to pay them.
    Kaepernick already told Elway "No" the first time around.

Hard PASS!
    8 mil a year to be a starter.

You understand Kyle Orton got 10mil a year to back up Romo for 2 years.

Kap was totally low balled at that time.