Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Agreed. I wouldn't rep the team by wearing my gear either...and since it would be Elway's call to bring him in my beautiful orange #7 jersey would collect a lot of dust until Kaep was gone
    Right about now I just want Mr. Elway to focus long and hard and find us a starting QB (and it won't be Colin K).

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So true....

And with pages of this thread...what do we see? Nothing about his social activism or good things he says he wants to do.....just a person, who,s only post education job has been football, calling out the place he apparently wants to work for......

Seems kind of asinine doesn’t it?
    Exactly. And even in the little interview he done after his workout he came across angry, irritated, and hostile, he didn't do himself any favours at all, he is done in the NFL. The bottom line is if he could play, the NFL would of overlooked this "activism", like they have done in the past for players who are actually good at their respective positions. This story line will now begin to fade into the background as now even some of his most staunch supporters, prominent African-American commentators and athletes are pretty much admitting that he is done, and this is now very much self-inflicted.

I would question if Kaepernick made any real change, he just made noise. I do think the intention was there initially, but all I see now is man continuing to drive a wedge between sides, if anything making people more divided, like most social justice warriors seem to do with their intended "activism".

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Right about now I just want Mr. Elway to focus long and hard and find us a starting QB (and it won't be Colin K).
    Joe Burrow!!! said the biggest LSU fan in WA state
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Joe Burrow!!! said the biggest LSU fan in WA state
    I hear ya....but can we really play that game again??? If someone said to me, this is "THE GUY", I'm cool. I just can't stand the thought of another few years of searching, floundering, wondering, neglecting other gaps.....

I hear ya....but can we really play that game again??? If someone said to me, this is "THE GUY", I'm cool. I just can't stand the thought of another few years of searching, floundering, wondering, neglecting other gaps.....
    Any QB in the draft is a gamble (admittedly a gamble we seem to consistently lose the past several years) but I think this guy is the real deal...and if the NCAA season continues to unfold as expected, he'll likely have the Heisman under his belt as well and his time at LSU running a pro style offense (as implemented by Steve Ensminger, former Saints OC). This guy is not JaMarcus Russell OTOH, LSU has a big nasty offensive line to protect him whereas we have a sieve and I'll admit I'm completely biased, but after watching him keep his cool dispatching Alabama's Q4 comeback attempt in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks ago, my confidence in him has shot through the roof. But take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm the biggest LSU fan in a 500 square mile radias

Seriously, I do see your point and believe that even the greatest QB behind our line would be running for his life...so many holes to fill

Any QB in the draft is a gamble (admittedly a gamble we seem to consistently lose the past several years) but I think this guy is the real deal...and if the NCAA season continues to unfold as expected, he'll likely have the Heisman under his belt as well and his time at LSU running a pro style offense (as implemented by Steve Ensminger, former Saints OC). This guy is not JaMarcus Russell OTOH, LSU has a big nasty offensive line to protect him whereas we have a sieve and I'll admit I'm completely biased, but after watching him keep his cool dispatching Alabama's Q4 comeback attempt in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks ago, my confidence in him has shot through the roof. But take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm the biggest LSU fan in a 500 square mile radias

Seriously, I do see your point and believe that even the greatest QB behind our line would be running for his life...so many holes to fill
    It's all cool....I am actually hearing more and more about Joe B these days.

It's all cool....I am actually hearing more and more about Joe B these days.
    Good to hear, he's very cool under pressure and has the stats to back it up (38 TD's vs 6 Ints) which includes leading the Tigers to wins over 4 ranked teams so far...most notably beating Bama in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the whole country will hear more about him as the season moves into the BCS playoffs and we have our first Heisman winner since Billy Cannon exactly 60 seasons ago and maybe our first national championship since 2007

Geaux Tigers!

I'd say sign him (Kaepernick). That way after we're up by 20 at halftime, we can put him in, he can take a knee, and we can run out the clock faster than our inept OC's play calls allow.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I'd say sign him (Kaepernick). That way after we're up by 20 at halftime, we can put him in, he can take a knee, and we can run out the clock faster than our inept OC's play calls allow.
    Garett Bolles would still find a way to allow a blind side sack, fumble, scoop and score for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Brilliant idea! Doesn't our OC know it's called the 'victory formation'? Maybe we should begin in the 1st quarter and play for a tie

Brilliant idea! Doesn't our OC know it's called the 'victory formation'? Maybe we should begin in the 1st quarter and play for a tie
    Rumour has it Scrangerello has designed an epic tight-end sweep out of the victory formation.

Colin Kaepernick Gets Nike Signature Shoes That QB Debuted at Workout

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/col...-shoes-photos/

Kaepernick’s shoe release coming in December. The workout and staged controversy are just part of the marketing strategy..

And there we go....he is irrelevant....sees an opportunity because of this workout,., can’t have his media...pulls stunt... announces shoes while he gets another 15 minutes of fame,,,

Even his agent said she reached out to al 32 teams and no one is interested.... good...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

So Colin is into the lower part of his body so far, knees and shoes! Mind you, the hair style does catch my attention, as do some of the outfits.

When the book comes out, it will be all about his desire, as a youngster, to be a marketeer, and how he played The NFL to make it all happen!!

So Colin is into the lower part of his body so far, knees and shoes! Mind you, the hair style does catch my attention, as do some of the outfits.

When the book comes out, it will be all about his desire, as a youngster, to be a marketeer, and how he played The NFL to make it all happen!!
    Played the NFL ? The guy is clearly bitter, angry, and still has a bone to pick with the NFL, and at the end of the day the NFL has moved on and is as successful as it's ever been, and will continue to grow. All the while Colin is already well in his fade into the background with most of even his most prominent supporters questioning him now. Colin is quite typical of someone from my generation though. Wants to join the game, but when the rules don't suit, try to make as much noise as possible to get your own way. But just like in every job in the western world, the employees don't make the rules. It was an admirable cause, but the attempted way to go about it has clearly failed.