Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CHJ worth the money?

CHJ is a FA this offseason and he wants to get paid. Iím sure heíll be demanding $12+ and Iím starting to think it may not be worth it.

We are clearly starting to see a decline in his play and we are constantly seeing him be burned by the big play. Iím not saying CHJ has been terrible because he still flashes with great plays. However, is he worth the new deal or should we address the position and find his replacement? Iím not a huge fan of paying someone just because thereís no one else. I feel like you tend to overpay and get in trouble.

There's no way this organization should pay him anything. He's badly miscast as a number 1 corner, and as 2/slot guy isn't worth what he'll want. His best days are well behind him, time for both player and organization to move on.

Let him walk.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

offer 2 year 10 mil per, 12 mill guaranteed, or see ya
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Get the compensatory pick when he signs for big $$ elsewhere. We are not a contender right now and by the time we are,he will be washed.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

We would be much better served letting him walk, getting severely overpaid, and collecting the compensatory pick for losing him down the road. Chris has always had that chip on his shoulder, it was part of what made him great, but I don't think he ever realised that he benifitted greatly from playing with an elite Miller, a great Ware, a true number 1 in Talib, and a force in Jackson, he just like Wolfe was never as good as he thought he was.

He's been a great player for us for many years, but unfortunately, I think it's in our best interest to move on.

(Sorry Sophia! )
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

His experience would be incredibly valuable to this young team. With the cap space that we have now, why not? Sign him to a deal ~$12m per year for 2 years at most. It would give us time to rebuild our secondary with talent to where CHJ would be truly expendable due to his level of play. Right now, heís far and away the best corner on this team. And he would be better than anyone we could sign in FA or draft in our range (Marcus Peters would be great but I doubt yíall would like to shell out $16m per year on top of his ďattitudeĒ).

Iím not relying on Bryce Callahan for our team until he plays a game in a Broncos uniform.

Byron Jones would be the only option I could see us going for in FA, but he would definitely fall within that $12-14m range. CHJ is still the better player with that value as well.

I think the CBs in this upcoming draft is fairly deep at the top. But do yíall really want to draft a CB in the first two days when I know yíall would be banging the table for an OT or more weapons for Lock (which I would too).

Point is, CHJ is the perfect ďbridgeĒ CB for the next couple of seasons. His play hasnít fell off Champ Bailey 2013 style just yet. With his level of dedication to the team and the local community, heís someone we should try to keep in Orange & Blue for a little bit longer.

Imo, CHJ is showing his age. If he gets hurt again, then he'll never be a top 10 CB again. Lets take the value he's given us and move it forward into the future. While we can. Maybe move back up into the 1st round of the draft for a CB, if a good one drops. I'm reading this draft will be a good OT draft. Maybe CB 1st and OT 2nd.....and 3rd......and 4th......

i'd let him go else where. i hope we get to see alot from Bausby harris and Dawson next year.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

There have been games where the WR he's covering sprints deep towards the opposite sideline while Harris falls back.

It happened twice for TDs.

What happened there?

This CB draft class is deep, and Denver could walk away with two starters in round 3.

I am done with Chris Harris, call me Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd let him go else where. i hope we get to see alot from Bausby harris and Dawson next year.
    The hit Bausby took was brutal.
    I hope he comes back from the injury 100%,
    but he could very well be done.

Dawson is intriguing.
    Harris makes a solid #4 guy,
    Yiadom makes me sad.

Drafting at least two CBs in this deep class makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    There have been games where the WR he's covering sprints deep towards the opposite sideline while Harris falls back.

It happened twice for TDs.

What happened there?

This CB draft class is deep, and Denver could walk away with two starters in round 3.

I am done with Chris Harris, call me Jr.
    Those are miscommunications in zone coverages. Someone has to pick those guys up because if Harris leaves his zone it leaves it wide open. The deep players have to be disciplined not to fall for the eye candy and keep everything in front of them which happened on the Diggs TD against Cover 3. As far as Hopkins, it was Cover 6, neither ILB got deep enough in their drop. The far left WR ran a post and the inside left WR ran a deep crossing route. Yiadom and Jackson were in quarters and Yiadom took the post, and Jackson took the crosser leaving the entire left side of the field open for Hopkins. Simmons was in a half zone and actually signaled to let one of the guys go for him and neither Jackson or Yiadom did. If Jackson let his guy go, Simmons would pick him up and Jackson could peel back to take the post and Yiadom could come down and limit the play.

Route recognition, scheme knowledge, trust, and communication are vital if youíre going to run a zone scheme. These things are inexcusable for NFL players as I can guarantee that every defensive player we have has run a Cover 6 before and they should know what to do. There is either a real lack of route recognition/concepts or a big lack of trust between the players because they are turning and running with guys passing through their zones almost immediately leaving areas of the field wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Bausby was an impressive surprise. Dawson and Harris have both been benched for Yiadom and it looks like Parks was the extra DB to come in the past few games. One of these guys will be cut after the preseason though. Probably Harris as I think he may still have PS eligibility. Dawson probably does too but as a former 2nd round pick that we traded for I donít think itíll be him.