Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't he end up walking away from that guaranteed money anyway?
    Iím pretty sure the 49ers wanted to cut him but the money was an injury guarantee and there was concern from the 49ers FO that he was milking it to get the money which is when reports started coming out that his injury was career threatening. But this is all off memory so I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím pretty sure the 49ers wanted to cut him but the money was an injury guarantee and there was concern from the 49ers FO that he was milking it to get the money which is when reports started coming out that his injury was career threatening. But this is all off memory so I could be wrong
    He opted out of his contract. Not saying San Fran didnít want to release him. But he opted out of $16m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...49ers-contract

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    He opted out of his contract. Not saying San Fran didnít want to release him. But he opted out of $16m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...49ers-contract
    Which basically makes any argument that Elway "lowballed him" moot... We offered him a fair contact because we tried to get him some of the money from San Fran that he gave up anyway... We offered him what we could and tried to get more from San Fran, he turned it down and took nothing instead.

He likes to proclaim himself a martyr, but his wounds are entirely self inflicted...

Has anyone else watched Stephen A. Smiths facebook video reaction to this? He nailed it on the head. Kaep does not want to play anymore. The last minute switch and the argument used that it was because of the wording of the waiver was garbage. The waiver language is almost the same used in rookie and free agent tryout waivers. And he knew that by switching the last minute that the majority of teams wouldnt be able to get there, case in point our scout having to make his flight to be in Minnesota on time. Could the flight have been rearranged? Possibly. But this was already a vanity excercise for both kaep and the nfl. So why would teams go even further out of their way for a guy who, in some scouting circles is at most a damn good back up? They didnt. They packed up and said goodbye to the circus. The handling of this was a joke, first on the part of the NFL's and then by kaep. Heres a great opinion piece i found on it.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4221683002

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Sorry Can - using your post to discuss a number of separate issues surrounding Kaep's workout.

I'm sure he could still play QB in the NFL. We need to remember Kaep was a reasonable QB for the 49ers and was one play away from taking them to the SB. However, he suffered a bad shoulder injury from which he never fully recovered. Elway offered him $7M to join and start for the SB Champion Broncos, as a one season "prove it" deal. Kaep held out for his $12M guaranteed salary with the 49ers. In the offseason before the 2016 season, no team offered Kaep the $12M he wanted. It simply was no longer his market price. He should with hindsight have taken the Broncos offer.

We all know what happened in THAT 2016 preseason
    game and cannot discuss it here.

If the shoulder has fully healed (and it should have done in the 3 years he has been out of the NFL) and he is therefore physically able to play to a reasonable standard, the only real question is can he meet the challenges of playing QB in 2019? As others have said he had accuracy and throwing motion issues. But were these issues injury related or simply a matter of bad mechanics?

15+ teams sent scouts to the original venue which proves on the face if it at least, that there remains some interest from NFL teams in Kaep. Indeed, 3+ teams also made it to the second venue.

However, legal wrangles over the standard NFL waiver and control over filming; the fact the NFL scheduled the event for a Saturday when most team officials/scouts would be on their way to games; and the gentle nature of the workout all suggest that this was a PR operation for both the NFL and Kaep and not a genuine attempt by either to reintegrate Kaep into the NFL.

My understanding is that the event was set up on Tuesday. If so, it was a useful media distraction from the NFL from the fallout of the Browns/Steelers game. Who now is talking about Myles Garrett or Mason Rudolph? It could have been a coincidence but it is certainly a convenient one.
    I like your assessment.

I think people have forgotten how amazing he was in his early days. He looked non stoppable, and yes, they were "this close" to winning a SB as a young starter.

His career passer rate is 88.9, which is not too shabby. In his final year, it was 90.7. 98.3 in his SB season.

He has 2,300 rushing yards, and say what you want, if you can run that effectively and have a career 88.9 rate, and you led your team as a newbie to the SB....I'd say you have had a pretty good career. And for me, if healthy, that rings backup at worst on a number of teams....since 2016.

Initially, I was against this guy. But after listening and reading, and thinking, I leaned his way. There are camps on this. Those in deep do not seem to budge. I am still a bit concerned about his tactics, so I am not giving him a free pass. BUT, this should be about him having a chance, based on his ability to make a team. I just want him to have a chance. If he messes it up, with antics, or poor performance, that's on him. But I am not a 100% advocate of much of what The NFL does, in various areas. They have a way about them. They come across "caring" in many subject areas, but are very capable of maintaining "their" agenda. I filter much of what Goodell says.

So yeah, give the guy a shot. And my opinion, do not believe everything The NFL says and does in his case, as if it be filled with love and affection. I will not go off the allowed topic, but if this guy truly wants to play, and truly appreciates how he needs to conduct himself in the eyes of his new team/fans, then lets see what he can do. More important, lets see if someone wants to sign him.

With Joe Flacco out of the Game Plan now and with Brandon Allen and Drew Lock due up Next I actually like where Denver is now with their QBís than at the Start with Joe so I will say a Hard Pass on CK is perfectly fine.

Bring him in we have nothing to lose. Fangio does not sound to high on Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by nas1 View Post
    Iím good. Big No to Kap.

I want to see Lock play and I dont think we'd get that chance if Kaep came here. If I saw him as a long term solution I would bring him in but I don't see him as that. Plus, I don't want to media attention right now. We already have enough negative with losing 3 late games(massive Minn blown lead), no true ownership that involves family suing each other, and a lack quality talent. Just my opinion though

The media will be here if Jeff Bezos buys the team. He rubs everything in Donny's face especially when the owners wouldn't let him in.

The media will be here if Jeff Bezos buys the team. He rubs everything in Donny's face especially when the owners wouldn't let him in.
    Yes I wouldn't like the media attention that one either. Considering how much involved he is a on still. I feel like he wouldn't give denver enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I like your assessment.

I think people have forgotten how amazing he was in his early days. He looked non stoppable, and yes, they were "this close" to winning a SB as a young starter.

His career passer rate is 88.9, which is not too shabby. In his final year, it was 90.7. 98.3 in his SB season.

He has 2,300 rushing yards, and say what you want, if you can run that effectively and have a career 88.9 rate, and you led your team as a newbie to the SB....I'd say you have had a pretty good career. And for me, if healthy, that rings backup at worst on a number of teams....since 2016.

Initially, I was against this guy. But after listening and reading, and thinking, I leaned his way. There are camps on this. Those in deep do not seem to budge. I am still a bit concerned about his tactics, so I am not giving him a free pass. BUT, this should be about him having a chance, based on his ability to make a team. I just want him to have a chance. If he messes it up, with antics, or poor performance, that's on him. But I am not a 100% advocate of much of what The NFL does, in various areas. They have a way about them. They come across "caring" in many subject areas, but are very capable of maintaining "their" agenda. I filter much of what Goodell says.

So yeah, give the guy a shot. And my opinion, do not believe everything The NFL says and does in his case, as if it be filled with love and affection. I will not go off the allowed topic, but if this guy truly wants to play, and truly appreciates how he needs to conduct himself in the eyes of his new team/fans, then lets see what he can do. More important, lets see if someone wants to sign him.
    Kaepernick had a chance with the workout on Saturday. Instead of just doing the workout, he and his agent took issue with the waiver and film crew. He simply couldnít make it about the workout. It had to be a controversy with his demands. There was one team executive who said his throws looked elite. However, why would any team want to sign him after seeing the way he turned the workout into a controversy?

Most if not all teams would think, ďIf he doesnít get his way it will be an issue...Ē You donít dictate the terms of a job interview. If he wanted to play then make the process about the workout, not disagreeing about a waiver and film crew. Let your work speak for itself. I canít question his motive for arguing about the waiver and film crew, but it was the wrong time to pick a fight. You canít expect people from 24 teams to change schedules to another venue.

Iíll say it now, expect a Nike commercial in the next 3-4 weeks portraying Kaepernick as the guy ďstanding up to the systemĒ. Standing up to the NFL while simultaneously being a marketing asset for Nike.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-17-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Kaepernick had a chance with the workout on Saturday. Instead of just doing the workout, he and his agent took issue with the waiver and film crew. He simply couldn’t make it about the workout. It had to be a controversy with his demands. There was one team executive who said his throws looked elite. However, why would any team want to sign him after seeing the way he turned the workout into a controversy?

Most if not all teams would think, “If he doesn’t get his way it will be an issue...” You don’t dictate the terms of a job interview. If he wanted to play then make the process about the workout, not disagreeing about a waiver and film crew. Let your work speak for itself. I can’t question his motive for arguing about the waiver and film crew, but it was the wrong time to pick a fight. You can’t expect people from 24 teams to change schedules to another venue.

I’ll say it now, expect a Nike commercial in the next 3-4 weeks portraying Kaepernick as the guy “standing up to the system”. Standing up to the NFL while simultaneously being a marketing asset for Nike.
    Many possibilities.

If we sign Kaepernick, I will officially jump ship and look for a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    If we sign Kaepernick, I will officially jump ship and look for a new team.
    Man that's serious. I've been a fan since I was 8 and as much as I dont like him I could never turn my back on the Broncos