Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mmitted-attend

Broncos confirmed.

Wanted him the fist time Elway filtered with the idea. Would be funny if we landed Kap and he turned everything around.

Now The NFL is not publicizing who is attending. Wilbon calls this a complete farce. Again, I agree with him.

Colin is just not a good QB at this point so I hope it's just some PR on the Bronco's part to go to this.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Now The NFL is not publicizing who is attending. Wilbon calls this a complete farce. Again, I agree with him.
    Why does it matter when it is deemed to be a "Private workout"

Seems like Wilbon is pushing an agenda rather than reporting news.. And if you look at his history he likes to bash at the NFL. He was even suspended from PTI for in in 2013 I believe.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by swingarm View Post
    Colin is just not a good QB at this point so I hope it's just some PR on the Bronco's part to go to this.
    But this is what bugs me....not you of course....that we or any other team is doing it for PR. If it's that obvious, why bother? Especially if the guy really wants to play. Not saying he has his heart set on it, but say he was hoping for a chance.

Reminds me when we used to apply for jobs we thought we had a shot at, and then after you got all pumped up about a potential promotion, someone said, "they already know who they want." Just going through the motions. Never liked that process.

FTR.....I like Wilbon a lot, and I find he is almost always spot on. And I agree with him this time.

I am sure we can all find things that prove someone is imperfect.

And to flog this dead horse...

Top news story on NFL.com

11 teams committed to attend Colin Kaepernick workout

and they go on to list those 11 teams...

Kaepernick has demanded the list of personnel attending and the NFL has declined to provide that... which makes sense. Its up to each team to decide who is coming. And the NFL is the one who arranged this.

If he wants to get back into the NFL, then he should be jumping at every opportunity, or making his own.but he waits for the NFL to create one, and then it sounds like he and his reps are nitpicking at everything.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 11-14-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I don't keep up with the changing tides on this story, but it will take a lot for me to believe The NFL is making this easy. And all this "PR" stuff makes me wonder even more what is going on. Sounds a bit rehearsed.

So why does The NFL still not want to tell him which personnel are showing up?

As for Kaep, he's a big boy. He has rights.

One more thing....I hope he does well. I doubt he will be that effective, but one never knows. But I want him to get a fair chance. That's all you can ask for at this point.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-14-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Players are only worth what someone is willing to pay them.
    Kaepernick already told Elway "No" the first time around.

Hard PASS!

I don't keep up with the changing tides on this story, but it will take a lot for me to believe The NFL is making this easy. And all this "PR" stuff makes me wonder even more what is going on. Sounds a bit rehearsed.

So why does The NFL still not want to tell him which personnel are showing up?

As for Kaep, he's a big boy. He has rights.

One more thing....I hope he does well. I doubt he will be that effective, but one never knows. But I want him to get a fair chance. That's all you can ask for at this point.
    What does that mean? Honest question.

Kaepernick is not employed as an NFL player so would the CBA apply for an organized workout? Does the NFL often arrange private workouts? Do they provide a list of personnel to the player and his agents?

I guess what I am wondering is before reaching a conclusion with little information, is this normal or not. It's understandable Kaep and his people would want to know to do what they do best and sell the idea of him to any whom they could. Not providing a list does not seem to me a sign of bad faith on the part of the NFL - maybe it is, but at this point it isn't that clear.

It’s none of Kaepernick’s business who specifically is attending. He has agreed to the workout, so he either shows up or he doesn’t.

Since this was likely initiated by one or a few teams, that team or those teams will likely send their most trusted personnel people to the workout.

It wouldn’t surprise me if one or more of those teams happen to have a bye this week.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    What does that mean? Honest question.

Kaepernick is not employed as an NFL player so would the CBA apply for an organized workout? Does the NFL often arrange private workouts? Do they provide a list of personnel to the player and his agents?

I guess what I am wondering is before reaching a conclusion with little information, is this normal or not. It's understandable Kaep and his people would want to know to do what they do best and sell the idea of him to any whom they could. Not providing a list does not seem to me a sign of bad faith on the part of the NFL - maybe it is, but at this point it isn't that clear.
    Maybe I'll pm you.

Just offering my thoughts. Lots of iffy information being shared. I wouldn't take "he has rights" too far. I heard that The NFL agreed to him knowing who was showing up. If so, he has rights. That's simply what I was saying. Nothing much more than that.

Why should they have too. What makes him so special?
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    My understanding was that it was agreed to. So if that be the case, it is fair. If I received inaccurate info, then you would be right.

I think that answers the questions I received. Like I say, if my info is wrong, some of my thoughts are off a bit.

But I still think he deserves a chance.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-14-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Let's not forget there's plenty of tape on Colin Kaepernick.