Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I alluded to it in the other thread but IMO this is a pr move after Elway was named in his grievance. Same reason the cowboys will be there as Jerry has been pretty vocal against players kneeling.

It might also curry some favor for Ellis with the whole ownership mess as well.
    Thx Beast. If absolutely accurate, kind of weak in my opinion.

Is there worse out there? (Flacco) yes.

Is he a better option than Allen? I'm skeptical at best
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

I think he is better then half the QB’s in the league by far.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I think that’s an ambitious assumption....he wasn’t three years ago...I doubt 3 years of no football makes him better...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

What makes you think that? Just because he can run? So many people think that the Lamar Jackson type QBs are the wave of the future at QB, he and RBs..... I mean QBs like him don't last, never have and never will.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

The guy hasn't taken a snap since 2016 and is now 32. He's probably lost some speed and athletic ability in that time.

Stephen A. Smith said he was told Kaepernick will have a job in a week or two as long as he doesn’t screw up the workout or the interviews.

I doubt the Broncos are serious about signing him.

I think they’re just covering themselves because of the things Elway said that he probably shouldn’t have said when there was a lawsuit happening.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Stephen A. Smith said he was told Kaepernick will have a job in a week or two as long as he doesn’t screw up the workout or the interviews.

I doubt the Broncos are serious about signing him.

I think they’re just covering themselves because of the things Elway said that he probably shouldn’t have said when there was a lawsuit happening.
    At this point it doesn't hurt to look and see what he can do. I highly doubt Elway signs Capernick, though I highly doubt Capernick gets more than 3-4 million if he is signed. We would have signed him 3 years ago for that.

I called Kap being an option weeks ago, but I don't think he will be signed, unless he is dirt cheap, but I had a feeling something was going to happen with him this year.

Based on what Mike Wilbon said, who I admire as a sports analyst, The NFL did not try to make this easy for Kaep, as he was quickly given this opportunity on Saturday, which limits GMs, etc. from watching him. I know what many think of him, outside of football, but The NFL in their usual ridiculous style, have a way of trying to make things "look" right, even though anyone can see through their attempt. They always show their cards, but the problem is, they have so much power they can do pretty much anything and win, even if they suck at playing the game.

Like, "sure, we'll allow coaches to contest calls, but the official who monitors the play will not even have to turn on the replay machine. He can just pretend he watched it, when sending in his decision."

In this case, "yeah Colin, we want you to have a chance, so take that suit off, and lets do it now!!!"

he was the worst ranked QB at many stats over the last 3 years when he was playing. Has he improved since then?

Just Say No to Another Washed Up QB Please.....This is Allen's Time To Shine if he cannot do it then it is Drew's Time if Drew is not up to the Task then Denver can Draft Joe Burrow !

I know people want to hate the NFL for the sake of hating the NFL and act like Kaepernick is some sort of victim, but the NFL is probably just providing cover for a team or a few teams to get a look at Kaepernick.

No team wants to bring him in only to not sign him and have the Pro-Kaepernick clowns scream fake tryout. It just puts the team in a bad situation.

The anti-Kaepernick people are going to complain either way. The team that signs him will get criticized by the anti-Kaepernick people. If the workout and interviews go well, the team will at least be able to cite football reasons as to why they signed him.

It’s highly unlikely that the NFL just decided on a whim to hold a tryout for Kaepernick. This almost has to be a team or multiple teams asking for this.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I am guessing this "tryout" was part of the settlement.

I bet he still goes jobless..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I know people want to hate the NFL for the sake of hating the NFL and act like Kaepernick is some sort of victim, but the NFL is probably just providing cover for a team or a few teams to get a look at Kaepernick.

No team wants to bring him in only to not sign him and have the Pro-Kaepernick clowns scream fake tryout. It just puts the team in a bad situation.

The anti-Kaepernick people are going to complain either way. The team that signs him will get criticized by the anti-Kaepernick people. If the workout and interviews go well, the team will at least be able to cite football reasons as to why they signed him.

It’s highly unlikely that the NFL just decided on a whim to hold a tryout for Kaepernick. This almost has to be a team or multiple teams asking for this.
    I guess I forgot to "post" something I quoted you on. I basically said I tend to agree with you re: the for and against. In the end though, I tend to side with Wilbon, stating that The NFL messed this up (the seemingly quickness of the try out) like they sometimes do.

I still say, I wish I could have seen him try out prior to this year, because like him or not, he was probably better than some of the league backups. But I am not saying he was a lock. He has incredible athleticism, but he did lose his downfield awareness. But all in all, I see a lot QBs, even some starters, who do not seem that good.

So....if we just talk performance on the field, I think he was good enough to beat out some backups. But another year has passed, so who knows what's left??