Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    You mean didn't Elway offer him one of his 'famous' low-ball/take it or leave contract?

If memory serves me correct...Kap had a guaranteed 17mil left on his SF deal but Elway only wanted to pay him 7mil. w/incentives.

Sorry but I'm not leaving 10mil in guarantees on the table for nobody and for no organization.
    Neither would I. The point is it is a rebuttal to the idea he was blackballed. He just doesn’t want to accept what his value is currently as a football player.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    And to flog this dead horse...

Top news story on NFL.com

11 teams committed to attend Colin Kaepernick workout

and they go on to list those 11 teams...

Kaepernick has demanded the list of personnel attending and the NFL has declined to provide that... which makes sense. Its up to each team to decide who is coming. And the NFL is the one who arranged this.

If he wants to get back into the NFL, then he should be jumping at every opportunity, or making his own.but he waits for the NFL to create one, and then it sounds like he and his reps are nitpicking at everything.
    Him making any demands is not a smart move on his part. If he wants back in, he needs to be begging not demanding.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Neither would I. The point is it is a rebuttal to the idea he was blackballed. He just doesn’t want to accept what his value is currently as a football player.
    Except he was offered the contract before any of the kneeling protest started and not after so the blackballing 'idea' still applies.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Do we know who those teams were? I read that the Broncos sent scouts to the original venue.

From the circumstances leading to the tryout it does not appear that either the NFL or CK are really that interested in CK returning to the NFL. There clearly isn't any trust between the two sides either.
    I don’t know who showed up.

Since I believe the whole thing was initiated by a team or more than one team, I’m guessing the team or teams initially interested in getting a look at Kaepernick while getting cover from the NFL was/were among the five.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

You mean didn't Elway offer him one of his 'famous' low-ball/take it or leave contract?

If memory serves me correct...Kap had a guaranteed 17mil left on his SF deal but Elway only wanted to pay him 7mil. w/incentives.

Sorry but I'm not leaving 10mil in guarantees on the table for nobody and for no organization.
    It was reported that Elway tried to get the 49ers to pay $9 million of the $16 million Kaepernick was owed.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Per Adam Schefter....one NFL Exec in attendance said Colin still has an elite arm. Not saying that's enough, but it's not a neg. Here is Adam's tweet:

After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

Kaep was quite assertive after the workout. I wasn't sure how he would react, but he sure seems ticked. That's probably why he changed venues.

Bottom line....can he play. Does a team need him.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    It was reported that Elway tried to get the 49ers to pay $9 million of the $16 million Kaepernick was owed.
    Ok then that's still 7mil in guarantees he would have been walking away from since the 9ers didn't agree to pay the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Per Adam Schefter....one NFL Exec in attendance said Colin still has an elite arm. Not saying that's enough, but it's not a neg. Here is Adam's tweet:

After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

Kaep was quite assertive after the workout. I wasn't sure how he would react, but he sure seems ticked. That's probably why he changed venues.

He's always had elite arm strength, his issues were always accuracy and mechanics. I hope and pray Denver stays away from this clown show

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Denver did NOT have a scout at Kap workout.. ...

Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) Tweeted:
    Broncos sent pro scout Jordon Dizon to Kaepernick's workout in ATL. Dizon was on the field at the original location when he saw reports of a change and couldn't make it to the new spot before his flight to Miami to advance the Bills game.

So Denver did not have a scout there. https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...787081216?s=20

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Ok then that's still 7mil in guarantees he would have been walking away from since the 9ers didn't agree to pay the difference.
    And we were covering that 7 mil. He still would’ve got all the money guaranteed to him despite questions surrounding him and if he’d even be able to play again after his shoulder injury.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

But does he still have the Byron Leftwich throwing motion?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    And we were covering that 7 mil. He still would’ve got all the money guaranteed to him despite questions surrounding him and if he’d even be able to play again after his shoulder injury.
    So you're saying Elway was willing to pay his entire contract that he was already guaranteed to make in SF?

I don't ever remember hearing/reading that. I only remember what I and what broncolee posted about the contract deals.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post

Just reporting sir.

Except he was offered the contract before any of the kneeling protest started and not after so the blackballing 'idea' still applies.
    I guess. There are plenty of players in the league who are media headaches. The difference is they’re not marginal players. Kaep was not very good the last two years he played.
    Would you pay a guy franchise money (which is what he wants) to be a borderline starter/probable backup who will also be a constant media distraction? There’s a big difference between someone being blacklisted and someone being not viewed as worth the headache.
    The Broncos have two players on their roster who were very public in their criticism of the police. The difference is they’re good football players.

Yes, but I wonder if he could be a good player if he wasn’t asked to run a pro style offense. Let him run the triple option out of the pistol and maybe he could have a good couple of years. He was awful his last two years running a pro style offense.