Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 250
  1. #226
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post


    We already tried Paxton Lynch.

    Both WRs went uncovered


  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Both WRs went uncovered

    I've only ever focused on the one at the bottom because it was so blatent... holy crap, the top one is just as open and there's no way a halfway decent QB wouldn't have seen it and exploited it.


  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post


    We already tried Paxton Lynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Both WRs went uncovered

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I've only ever focused on the one at the bottom because it was so blatent... holy crap, the top one is just as open and there's no way a halfway decent QB wouldn't have seen it and exploited it.
    Now that I have seen the receivers on this play, they both clearly thought a pass was an option.

    Originally, I thought one of the linemen would have been called for illegal man downfield. I now think he engaged a linebacker just past the line of scrimmage and would have been fine.

    That being said, that one play is hardly a reason to not sign Kaepernick.

    He’ll never be a Bronco and that’s fine with me.

    I do think a team will be asked to bite the bullet though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,364
    As long as the team “ biting the bullet” is not the Broncos!

    I also think he will be signed. Will be entertaining to watch “from afar” to see who takes that leap and if he earn playing time.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,141
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post


    We already tried Paxton Lynch.
    In looking at it I think this is a little misleading, there are 9 Rams in the picture, so both safeties are out of picture but in coverage on the two receivers. So it's not truly uncovered players. Which is why the receivers only took 2 steps up the field before turning for the ball, in an uncovered situation you'd be waiving while running a go route.

    BUT that's where my charity ends, even if there's coverage the cushion is 10 yards, a simple pitch and catch gets you at least 5, with a missed tackle meaning a 98 yard touchdown.

    My best guess (an uneducated one) is that Kaepernick had his audible privileges taken away, and the coaches told him to run the play called no matter what. Either the coaches didn't think they'd get a look like that, or they thought that the QB would understand the "never audible" edict does have some exceptions to it.

    I also question whether Kaepernick or the FB went the wrong way? Because Kaepernick clearly didn't expect the FB to be right there (I'm assuming NFL coaches don't fake to the FB that they are leading with...) but he almost tried to give it to the FB. So either the FB was supposed to go away and changed his mind based on the number of Rams on the play side, or Kaepernick was supposed to open opposite.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In looking at it I think this is a little misleading, there are 9 Rams in the picture, so both safeties are out of picture but in coverage on the two receivers. So it's not truly uncovered players. Which is why the receivers only took 2 steps up the field before turning for the ball, in an uncovered situation you'd be waiving while running a go route.

    BUT that's where my charity ends, even if there's coverage the cushion is 10 yards, a simple pitch and catch gets you at least 5, with a missed tackle meaning a 98 yard touchdown.

    My best guess (an uneducated one) is that Kaepernick had his audible privileges taken away, and the coaches told him to run the play called no matter what. Either the coaches didn't think they'd get a look like that, or they thought that the QB would understand the "never audible" edict does have some exceptions to it.

    I also question whether Kaepernick or the FB went the wrong way? Because Kaepernick clearly didn't expect the FB to be right there (I'm assuming NFL coaches don't fake to the FB that they are leading with...) but he almost tried to give it to the FB. So either the FB was supposed to go away and changed his mind based on the number of Rams on the play side, or Kaepernick was supposed to open opposite.
    I get what you are saying but that down is, at the latest, third down. Otherwise they'd be punting it. So they need positive or zero yardage but they ran straight into a 9 man front.To me it just shows that Kap had no mental aspect to his game. I could have said 'he plays like he's as dumb as a bag of rocks' but that particular GIF shows it, and shows that it's not just a sourpuss opinion on my part.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post

    That being said, that one play is hardly a reason to not sign Kaepernick.
    I've lived in Northern California for over 30 years. So I've seen a ton of 9er games and Raider games. More than I wanted to but football is football so you watch what you get to watch. I saw quite a bit of Kap playing. Remember when Elway offered to take him off the 9ers' hands but only for a low dollar sweetheart deal? He wasn't lowballing or playing hardball with them/him. He was offering a decent fair market price for a subpar QB and offering Kap a shot at competing for a spot on the roster. That play is who Kap is.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Now that I have seen the receivers on this play, they both clearly thought a pass was an option.

    Originally, I thought one of the linemen would have been called for illegal man downfield. I now think he engaged a linebacker just past the line of scrimmage and would have been fine.

    That being said, that one play is hardly a reason to not sign Kaepernick.

    He’ll never be a Bronco and that’s fine with me.

    I do think a team will be asked to bite the bullet though.
    Sometimes one play makes a difference like Rahim Moore's blunder against Baltimore.
    Where's Mr. Moore now?

    Forcing a team to "bite the bullet" is the problem with our current cancel culture.
    If you were an NFL team owner, would you want an outsider forcing you to sign Player X?

    Happy Juneteenth broncolee and everyone.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,976
    I don't think Kap is good enough or worth the hassle to be signed, he came off a dismal season 5 years ago when he was benched. He will probably get signed for all the wrong reasons. Newton is way ahead of Kap in terms of getting signed.

    If a team does sign him then it has to be with the intention to start. Can you imagine the pressure on your starting QB and team if he was on the bench, a few bad games and there would be all these ridiculous people screaming about how he is now getting on the field because of blah blah blah.

    Why on earth would you sign him and invite all this drama onto your team before the season even begins.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,976
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Sometimes one play makes a difference like Rahim Moore's blunder against Baltimore.
    Where's Mr. Moore now?

    Forcing a team to "bite the bullet" is the problem with our current cancel culture.
    If you were an NFL team owner, would you want an outsider forcing you to sign Player X?

    Happy Juneteenth broncolee and everyone.
    Completely agree. Too much nowadays is beyond ridiculous.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Completely agree. Too much nowadays is beyond ridiculous.
    I'd prefer 40-year-old Vick over Kap.

    The irony is, the NFL player pool could use some diversity too.
    Black players in the NFL is approximately 70%.

    Population % in the USA
    White: 60.4%
    Hispanic: 18.3%
    Black: 13.4%
    Asians: 5.9%
    Gays: 5%

    The obvious question in our current cancel culture is,
    If equity is the goal, then why doesn't the NFL player pool reflect our population?

    It's all a power grab if you ask me.

    Gooooo Broncos!

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,238
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I'd prefer 40-year-old Vick over Kap.

    The irony is, the NFL player pool could use some diversity too.
    Black players in the NFL is approximately 70%.

    Population % in the USA
    White: 60.4%
    Hispanic: 18.3%
    Black: 13.4%
    Asians: 5.9%
    Gays: 5%

    The obvious question in our current cancel culture is,
    If equity is the goal, then why doesn't the NFL player pool reflect our population?

    It's all a power grab if you ask me.

    Gooooo Broncos!
    When it comes to player representation, I think the current stats are pretty much based on merit, and there is absolutely no need to mirror the population.

    Therefore the product on the field is almost as good it gets.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,666
    Wouldn't love it, wouldn't hate it. He and Driskel are probably on par as talents, with Kaepernick having much more valuable game experiences.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    466
    Don't believe in sports and politics being mixed while in the arena. What you do on your on time, is another matter.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,364
    It is about risk/reward IMO.

    The risk of his disruptions as an activist and his passionate following expecting outcomes far outweigh any reward he could realistically deliver on the field as a backup QB with his skills. Think the Tebow chaos was bad? Get ready.

    Questionable of whether he was ever good enough to justify the risk but after not playing for three seasons???? No thanks.

    Team is finally trending in the right direction with coaches, players and stability. Why upset that for a forced social experiment. Keep the ball in Locks hands and try to enjoy the ride is my preference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •