Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    To infinity...and beyond.

Kaepernick burned the Broncos bridge before he did the thing. Then he torched the foundation with a retweet that implied he was a better quarterback than Elway.

He has done absolutely zero to prove he actually wants back into the league.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Speaking of QBs. This battle is heating up....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBel8xzF...d=ge71tgm1kdiq

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Afrikaans: Nee
    Albanian: Jo
    Amharic: Aye
    Arabic: Laa
    Armenian: Votch
    Asturian: Non, nun
    Azerbaijani: Yox
    Basque: Ez
    Bengali: Na
    Bosnian: Ne
    Breton: Nann
    Bulgarian: Ne
    Cantonese: M hai
    Catalan: No
    Cornish: Na
    Creole: Non
    Croatian: Ne
    Czech: Ne
    Dagaare: A
    Danish: Nej
    Dutch: Nee
    English: No
    Esperanto: Ne
    Estonian: Ei
    Eurish: No
    Farsi: Nah
    Finnish: Ei
    French: Non
    Frisian: Nee
    Galician: Nom Non
    Georgian: Ara
    German: Nein
    Greek: Ohi
    Gujarati: Naa
    Hawaiian: `A`ole
    Hebrew: Lo
    Hindi: Nahi
    Holooe: M-s
    Hungarian: Nem
    Icelandic: Nei
    Ido: No
    Indonesian: Tidak
    Interlingua: No
    Irish: N hea, nil
    Italian: No
    Japanese: Iie
    Korean: A-nim-ni-da , A-ni-yo
    Latin: Non, Minime
    Latvian: Ne
    Lithuanian: Ne
    Luganda: Nedda
    Malaysian: Tidak
    Mandarin: B sh
    Marshallese: Jaab
    Norwegian: Nei
    Occitan: Non, nani ( formal )
    Polish: Nie
    Europortuguese: No
    Portuguese: No
    Quecha: Manan
    Romanian: Nu
    Russian: Net
    Serbian: Ne
    Sesotho: Tjhee
    Slovak: Nie
    Slovenian: Ne
    Spanish: No
    Swahili: Hapana
    Swedish: Nej
    Tagalog: Hindi
    Thai: Mai-chai/mai-oua
    Tswana: Nnyaa
    Turkish: Hayr
    Ukrainian: Ni
    Vietnamese: Khng
    Welsh: Nage
    Wolof: [No]
    Xhosa: Hayi
    Yiddish: Neyn
    Zulu: Cha

and just in case... Klingon: ghobe

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Okay we'll leave this open for now, but it's to remain strictly about the merits of signing Kaepernick based purely on football.
    There really are no merits... He's a bad football player and i say this as someone who fully supports his cause... He's been made into this martyr, but lets be honest, he's a terrible QB who played well because he had phenomenal players around him.

He's basically Joe Flacco only more mobile...

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think we’d be the right situation for him nor would he be the right backup for us. He’s probably better than Driskell but at his age it isn’t ideal.

The Patriots probably have the biggest question mark at the position. The Seahawks still make sense even though they seem content with who they have for whatever reason.
    Cam Newton deserves a shot prior to Kaep getting one IMO. Cam is a far better player over time that had some rough seasons due to injuries. I don't think I'd want Cam here either because he doesn't really fit as Drew's backup and then you have the possibility of people calling for him to start if Lock struggles.

We're better off rolling with Driskell or locating someone in FA that isn't a big name.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Prefer they focus on the future with developing Lock instead of creating another QB controversy.

He is likely to get signed and it will be interesting to see if he can still be impactful on the field. But he is a coaches nightmare. If signed, pretty much forced to play him and impossible to bench him.

I would wish him luck but he is a long shot to succeed at best. He will be 33 yrs old next season, hasn’t played in 3 seasons, was injured and struggling to win games his last two seasons he played, is a career 59% passer and likely not the runner he once was that made him such a dynamic QB 5-6 years ago.

Not exactly a recipe for success for a “ back up “ QB.
    That's 100 percent what it boils down to for me. Keep a no-name as a backup because our fanbase is notorious for turning on young QB's on a dime and we don't need another QB controversy. Just go all in with Lock because he's our best hope for a future right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Cam Newton deserves a shot prior to Kaep getting one IMO. Cam is a far better player over time that had some rough seasons due to injuries. I don't think I'd want Cam here either because he doesn't really fit as Drew's backup and then you have the possibility of people calling for him to start if Lock struggles.

We're better off rolling with Driskell or locating someone in FA that isn't a big name.
    Poor Cam is so overlooked when people talk about Kaepernick. He's a couple of years younger, comparable injury history, and an overall better athlete and much better QB. Kaep is fast and has an inaccurate cannon for an arm. That's it.

Neither fit our scheme, IMO. With our passing threat what it could be: so many receivers potentially on the field, and RBs out of the backfield now with Gordon, there will be a lot of reads the QB has to made pre and post snap. Kaep has never shown an ability to go through his reads quickly and has a weakness of misreading defenses pre snap. He's like faster version of Paxton Lynch - though probably a somewhat smarter football player with more experience. Even his last scouting workout left people mostly underwhelmed.

Nah, stick to the future and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Maybe but I think Cam is done as well. Hes too old to run the way he did in his prime and that was the only reason he was ever a good QB. His mechanics are just too terrible to overcome and weve already seen those terrible mechanics start to take a toll on his arm. You cant just throw with only your arm your entire career and expect to last.

Cam could play well in New England where he can dink and dunk and Im sure the coaching staff would get him to buy into that because he cant stretch the field anymore. Sure he might hit a few but hes erratic at best down the field and is best served dumping it off to his RBs or a guy like Edelman and making them work.

Kaps problem was always his long wind up when he threw the ball. He just gave defenses too much time to react and without a OC that knew how to mitigate it we saw what happened. If he tightened the throwing motion he couldve been much better as I dont think he was too terrible with his reads, just that hed wait for guys to come open instead of throwing them open which only compounded the wind up as the players he didnt see now had even more time to jump the route.

To be honest Im not sure who Id rather have. Both are guys who just never developed and only had success because they were so incredible running the ball albeit in different fashion. Kap may still be able to run the ball even at his age due to the time off but thats a lot of rust to knock off in an offseason thats going to provide minimal opportunity to knock the rust off. The Flacco comp is spot on, theyre just big names at this point without any real substance.

Im just glad we arent in a position where we need either. Driskell offers a lot of similar things they offer. Not as fast but doesnt have the glaring flaws in his mechanics either. He wont inspire hope amongst the media but I think he can do a solid enough job to keep the ship afloat should something happen to Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Poor Cam is so overlooked when people talk about Kaepernick. He's a couple of years younger, comparable injury history, and an overall better athlete and much better QB. Kaep is fast and has an inaccurate cannon for an arm. That's it.

Neither fit our scheme, IMO. With our passing threat what it could be: so many receivers potentially on the field, and RBs out of the backfield now with Gordon, there will be a lot of reads the QB has to made pre and post snap. Kaep has never shown an ability to go through his reads quickly and has a weakness of misreading defenses pre snap. He's like faster version of Paxton Lynch - though probably a somewhat smarter football player with more experience. Even his last scouting workout left people mostly underwhelmed.

Nah, stick to the future and don't look back.
    I never thought Cam was that great of a QB. He's a talented athlete but not a great QB
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I think our QB situation is set with Drew Lock, Jeff Driskel, and Brett Rypien although I think well only keep two on the roster.

Cam Newton definitely deserves a shot and he has the talent to start for some teams, but were all in on Lock.

Colin Kaepernick has played fairly well in all but one of his seasons (2015) as a starter. He also didnt have a strong supporting cast in those last couple of disastrous years in SF, which is not entirely his fault at all. Based on his skill-set and past merits alone, Kaepernick is deserving of another chance in the NFL and it is up to his performances going forward to deem whether he is starter material or not after being out of the league for three years now. Again, I dont see him with Denver as we have Lock and a decent backup option in Driskel (who we just signed). I think teams like JAX, NE, and CHI could definitely use Kaepernicks talents.

At worst, both QBs are on the high-end of talent level for a backup. It will be up to how they perform in TC and preseason for their respective, potential teams to justify if they are worthy of a starting role.

How about Tebow ? Lol when a players time has come , it's over.....

The Bottom Line with Kap and Cam both were Running QB's with no accuracy. Therefore you just had a Running QB and Now They are Both What 100 Years Old? Nope That Boat Has Sailed Time To Move On. In Drew I Trust !! DB4L !!

No for 2 reasons...mostly the 1st

1. We are all in on Lock. The only thing we want from a backup QB is someone who is going to help Lock get ready for Gameday.

2. Lost in all the "Kaep can not get signed" stuff is Kaep had a chance to come to Denver and compete to be our starting QB. He choose to keep a tight grip on 1 year of guaranteed money instead of taking a pay cut and proving he can be our starter. Not going to say I blame him but honestly that is the action of someone who knows he probably should not be a starting QB.

We already tried Paxton Lynch.