Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Man that's serious. I've been a fan since I was 8 and as much as I dont like him I could never turn my back on the Broncos
    Good on you!

I have shown to be partially in Kaep's corner on most of this, because quite frankly, I don't trust The NFL at times. And I was a bit interested in a potential comeback, as a backup somewhere. But I am still mulling over some of his continued antics. Is he blowing his shot? Does he want a shot?

It just appears like he is so angry at The NFL that he can not stay on course. Then again, I am not him, I have not been through his ordeal. I do not know what has been discussed, or even agreed to.

If I had to judge, which I should not, I would say both parties have been a problem at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I have shown to be partially in Kaep's corner on most of this, because quite frankly, I don't trust The NFL at times. And I was a bit interested in a potential comeback, as a backup somewhere. But I am still mulling over some of his continued antics. Is he blowing his shot? Does he want a shot?

It just appears like he is so angry at The NFL that he can not stay on course. Then again, I am not him, I have not been through his ordeal. I do not know what has been discussed, or even agreed to.

If I had to judge, which I should not, I would say both parties have been a problem at one point or another.
    I don’t think anger has anything to do with it. It’s a well orchestrated, calculated strategy with his agent and Nike. It’s a play on the evil NFL to create ads. The details of Kaepernick’s contract with Nike aren’t public, some experts estimate his contract runs well north of seven figures. He’s found a way to make great money not playing football. The very system he rails against, he benefits from immensely. I think it’s all about maximizing the opportunity with the ad campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I don’t think anger has anything to do with it. It’s a well orchestrated, calculated strategy with his agent and Nike. It’s a play on the evil NFL to create ads. The details of Kaepernick’s contract with Nike aren’t public, some experts estimate his contract runs well north of seven figures. He’s found a way to make great money not playing football. The very system he rails against, he benefits from immensely. I think it’s all about maximizing the opportunity with the ad campaign.
    We all have our views. Mine is a bit different than yours, but that's what discussion is about.

This is exactly...he needs to have a fight to remain relevant...

And the NFL is the greatest stage for a fight...

Think about it.... other than the whole Betsy Ross flag shoes thing where he came across as a dolt...has he been in the new the last few years outside his legal battles vs the NFL?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Fully agree with this. He's just trying to self promote, no one serious about being employed would do the things he's done even in the last 3 days. And again I would point out, if he were good, teams would overlook the negative. Players like Eric Reid, Michael Bennett and Tyreek Hill are currently employed, despite doing the same thing, or in Hill's case allegedly worse things.

The interesting thing about Nike is the NFL could flex it's muscles by threatening to pull their jersey/pants agreement for another company, but they won't do that because they don't want to get into that PR war at this time. However I wouldn't be shocked to see them make that threat at some point in the not too distant future.

Elway said yes to Kap, but Kap said no to the money. Let's get it straight. Elway wanted him here at first, before the money became an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Elway said yes to Kap, but Kap said no to the money. Let's get it straight. Elway wanted him here at first, before the money became an issue.
    The money did become an issue though, so what does it matter?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Just a silly side note.....can you imagine if Elway actually signed Kaep? How would he even address the media and the fans!!??

I'm being silly gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Fully agree with this. He's just trying to self promote, no one serious about being employed would do the things he's done even in the last 3 days. And again I would point out, if he were good, teams would overlook the negative. Players like Eric Reid, Michael Bennett and Tyreek Hill are currently employed, despite doing the same thing, or in Hill's case allegedly worse things.

The interesting thing about Nike is the NFL could flex it's muscles by threatening to pull their jersey/pants agreement for another company, but they won't do that because they don't want to get into that PR war at this time. However I wouldn't be shocked to see them make that threat at some point in the not too distant future.
    That’s an interesting take on Nike... didn’t think of that angle..

But.... imagine the media Kaep would get from it? It would keep him relevant for a long time.... because he would make it all about him...

I just want that clown to fade away...and without the NFL...he will..

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/the...044606049.html

In my continued reading about this situation, I came across this article, about The NFL's waiver. Feel free to poke holes re: this article, that's how we learn together. I am not a lawyer (but hang tough, cuz I could still study to be one!), so I am completely open to a critique.

Here's a chunk of the article (but read it all if you can):

In the middle of this supposedly generous (and unprecedented!) offer to give Kaepernick a league-hosted workout, the lawyers slipped clauses into a liability release that would create a foothold to fight against litigation under state and federal employment laws.

I believe this is the answer to why the NFL put this workout together. It created multiple outcomes that could all be weaponized against the league’s Kaepernick problem.

If Kaepernick said no to the workout or pulled out for any reason, the NFL could say “we tried” and there would be more than a few media personalities ready to carry that water. And if by some masterstroke Kaepernick’s lawyers said yes to the waiver, the NFL would have a signed document guarding against a lawsuit stemming from state and federal employment laws.

The workout was the Trojan horse.

The NFL’s weapon was the waiver planted inside it.

And a sweeping victory was one Kaepernick signature away.

Given the broad language of the waiver, the NFL could have altered any agreements made with Kaepernick, regardless of how damaging those changes or actions might have been. For example, the league could have refused to release tapes of the workout with no recourse. Or the teams could have been allowed to instruct Kaepernick that he would be unemployable if he knelt for the national anthem. The NFL could have even instructed all teams not to sign Kaepernick following the workout. While all of those sound preposterous and unlikely, the fact that there would have been no repercussions for any of those actions speaks to how sweeping the waiver was.

Getting a signature on that agreement blew up, of course. Kaepernick’s lawyers and agent received the first draft of the waiver on Wednesday and had dissected the potential impacts of it by Friday. By that point, the NFL knew it was unlikely Kaepernick was going to sign it. In the final hours before the workout, the league’s lawyers delivered the only message that mattered: The NFL would accept only its version of the waiver, refusing any edits from Kaepernick’s legal camp. That made sense, considering the NFL hired lawyers to perfectly craft the document for broad protections. It simply wasn’t going to allow anything to be changed at that stage. Especially when the alternative is Kaepernick pulling the plug on the workout — which can be spun in favor of the NFL easily.

Of all the takeaways from this thing, that’s the one that resonates. The league went to great lengths to give itself a tangible defense against future litigation. And if nothing else, that shows the NFL believes at least one of two things. Either that Kaepernick’s settled collusion case isn’t the last time his lawyers open fire on the league, or that the NFL may be vulnerable to a federal lawsuit. Indeed, the league may believe both.

So you watched ESPN and are reciting one reported opinion based on...I talked to a guy who told me....

On the same show, a reporter I detest, SAS, rebutted later...and brought in a copy of the mystery contract and read it out loud where a paragraph was added about this having no bearing on employment promises...

And that’s the whole mystery contract...

And a copy without that paragraph Kaep signed previously... so the rest should be fine.....right?

People gonna see what they wanna see...

A lot of people like conspiracy theories,,, like to believe in the big Boggyman whether it be the NFL, or some other large corporation or government.

Reality is a lot more boring..

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So you watched ESPN and are reciting one reported opinion based on...I talked to a guy who told me....
    I will politely ask if you are referring to my post, just above. Just want to make sure, in case I can respond on my behalf. But maybe not me.

The post follows the exact route of the report...even the same language...not a reach to state that...

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I will politely ask if you are referring to my post, just above. Just want to make sure, in case I can respond on my behalf. But maybe not me.

On the same show, a reporter I detest, SAS, rebutted later...and brought in a copy of the mystery contract and read it out loud where a paragraph was added about this having no bearing on employment promises...

And that’s the whole mystery contract...

And a copy without that paragraph Kaep signed previously... so the rest should be fine.....right?

People gonna see what they wanna see...

A lot of people like conspiracy theories,,, like to believe in the big Boggyman whether it be the NFL, or some other large corporation or government.

Reality is a lot more boring..
    The post follows the exact route of the report...even the same language...not a reach to state that...
    So yes, you are referring to me and the article I posted, re: the waiver? I'll wait for awhile for you to respond. (I'm out shopping, will check in later).
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-19-2019 at 01:39 PM.