Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 203
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,931
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If I can try to blend this into one of my concerns going forward.....we need a starting QB. I do not expect us to sign Kaep, even as a backup. But the bigger picture sometimes worries me. Flacco - done in my books. Allen - forced into action, seemingly backup QB (at best). Rypien - pass. Lock - lets see what he's got. So if I was a worrying type (oh no, I am) I am not even sure how good our backup situation will be next year. And seriously, do we have a starter?

    And for the first time of late, I see a mock draft with us taking Burrow. Then I panic, "do these mockers know more than we do?"

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

    Denver Broncos: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

    This has to be John Elway's final chance. He has screwed up all of his quarterback moves, excluding Peyton Manning. He spent a second-round pick on Drew Lock last year, but Lock has shown no signs that he can be a viable starting quarterback in the NFL. Unless that changes, I could see Elway making one final move to save his job.

    Joe Burrow's stock has soared in the wake of his 2019 performances, especially his victory over Alabama. Burrow was actually not considered a first-round prospect back in September. Charlie Campbell reported that NFL Teams See a Day 2 Ceiling for Joe Burrow. However, second-round quarterback prospects are chosen in the first frame all the time. Quarterbacks are pushed up, and all it takes is for one decision-maker to believe in a certain prospect.

    So this is not about endorsing Colin K. This has just got me thinking yet again.....do we have a plan B? Do we in fact have a plan A?

    "Relax self".
    Lock is going to be a good starting QB...... Breathe LOL

    I know that because we have some really good offensive weapons for him and it will be the FOs main goal to fix the LT position. Lock is the one that Elway finally got right, I feel it

    I just don't think we'll even have a shot at Burrow and fixing the line will be more important
    Last edited by JvDub95; 11-15-2019 at 05:12 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,857
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Lock is going to be a good starting QB...... Breathe LOL

    I know that because we have some really good offensive weapons for him and it will be the FOs main goal to fix the LT position. Lock is the one that Elway finally got right, I feel it

    I just don't think we'll even have a shot at Burrow and fixing the line will be more important
    I hope you are right pal! I still think so. I just need to see him get on the field, in the not too distant future. But yes, it is better not to even think about the possibility of another "search". That might be too much to handle, given we also have other needs.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,052
    I believe in Lock as well. Get the line situated and were on a good path.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Elway has already worked him out before and said, NO.
    Right because Elway has made some FANTASTIC QB decisions these past 4 years right......ROFL

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Right because Elway has made some FANTASTIC QB decisions these past 4 years right......ROFL
    Just telling you what I heard him say before.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Right because Elway has made some FANTASTIC QB decisions these past 4 years right......ROFL
    Kaepernick had he signed him would have been included in that list.

    Kaps a joke... I'm amazed how many people act like he's actually a viable player. He was garbage when he left the league which is why no team wanted him. Now he's not played for years, is 32 and less mobile than previously and people think he's a viable option?

    At 32 his mobility will be diminished, leaving him in a position where he will need to become more of a pocket passer...a guy who can't read defenses....

    It amazes me that people can't see how dumb wanting Kap is...

    He's a more mobile Joe flacco people...he's a crappy qb who got dragged to the Superbowl by an amazing team around him and some luck who has done nothing since that Superbowl.

    Just say no to Colin Flacconick.


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Kaepernick had he signed him would have been included in that list.

    Kaps a joke... I'm amazed how many people act like he's actually a viable player. He was garbage when he left the league which is why no team wanted him. Now he's not played for years, is 32 and less mobile than previously and people think he's a viable option?

    At 32 his mobility will be diminished, leaving him in a position where he will need to become more of a pocket passer...a guy who can't read defenses....

    It amazes me that people can't see how dumb wanting Kap is...

    He's a more mobile Joe flacco people...he's a crappy qb who got dragged to the Superbowl by an amazing team around him and some luck who has done nothing since that Superbowl.

    Just say no to Colin Flacconick.
    Yes.... this Kaep circus has to end... he’s not a QB anymore...and a well below average one when he played last..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yes.... this Kaep circus has to end... he’s not a QB anymore...and a well below average one when he played last..
    I second this !!!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,857
    Hope he gets a job from an NFL team. Not to worry....it won't be The Broncs. If a team signs him, they want him. It's 101 stuff. Need player, player meets requirements, team signs him. Deal with potential issues upfront. Move on.

    Another very simple 101 comment...he has to meet the standards of a team.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yes.... this Kaep circus has to end... he’s not a QB anymore...and a well below average one when he played last..
    Agree. People seem to forget that Kaep's last season as a starting QB he played 12 games and "lead" the 49ers to a 1-11 mark in 2016. The season before that, he was benched in week 9. The year before that he lead the 49ers to an 8-8 missing the playoffs. My point is if his last season before all the drama was 2013 when he was one Richard Sherman defensive play away from returning to the SB, then things would be different as he was still highly productive, a successful team leader and a mystery to opposing defensive coordinators. As it is now, not only has he not played for 3 seasons but more importantly DC's already figured out how to stop him quite effectively his last couple years. He's not just a media circus, he no longer has that "mojo" that made him seem so unstoppable his first couple of years. Any team prepping for him now will just go back to the tapes from 2015 & 2016 and scheme him the same way.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,456
    Kaepernick called an audible and decided to do his own thing.

    Well see if that works out for him.

    It calls into question his true desire to play in the NFL, but apparently 5 teams still decided to show up.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hope he gets a job from an NFL team. Not to worry....it won't be The Broncs. If a team signs him, they want him. It's 101 stuff. Need player, player meets requirements, team signs him. Deal with potential issues upfront. Move on.

    Another very simple 101 comment...he has to meet the standards of a team.
    The Broncos were reportedly one of the teams that sent scouts to the original tryout venue. I don't know if they were one of the 4/5 that also made it to the second venue.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Kaepernick called an audible and decided to do his own thing.

    Well see if that works out for him.

    It calls into question his true desire to play in the NFL, but apparently 5 teams still decided to show up.
    Do we know who those teams were? I read that the Broncos sent scouts to the original venue.

    From the circumstances leading to the tryout it does not appear that either the NFL or CK are really that interested in CK returning to the NFL. There clearly isn't any trust between the two sides either.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    192
    Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt Elway offer him a contract and Kap dented it?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Elway offer him a contract and Kap dented it?

    You mean didn't Elway offer him one of his 'famous' low-ball/take it or leave contract?


    If memory serves me correct...Kap had a guaranteed 17mil left on his SF deal but Elway only wanted to pay him 7mil. w/incentives.

    Sorry but I'm not leaving 10mil in guarantees on the table for nobody and for no organization.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •