Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Played the NFL ? The guy is clearly bitter, angry, and still has a bone to pick with the NFL, and at the end of the day the NFL has moved on and is as successful as it's ever been, and will continue to grow. All the while Colin is already well in his fade into the background with most of even his most prominent supporters questioning him now. Colin is quite typical of someone from my generation though. Wants to join the game, but when the rules don't suit, try to make as much noise as possible to get your own way. But just like in every job in the western world, the employees don't make the rules. It was an admirable cause, but the attempted way to go about it has clearly failed.
    My entire response was a joke.....be caaaaaaalm.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Exactly. And even in the little interview he done after his workout he came across angry, irritated, and hostile, he didn't do himself any favours at all, he is done in the NFL. The bottom line is if he could play, the NFL would of overlooked this "activism", like they have done in the past for players who are actually good at their respective positions. This story line will now begin to fade into the background as now even some of his most staunch supporters, prominent African-American commentators and athletes are pretty much admitting that he is done, and this is now very much self-inflicted.

I would question if Kaepernick made any real change, he just made noise. I do think the intention was there initially, but all I see now is man continuing to drive a wedge between sides, if anything making people more divided, like most social justice warriors seem to do with their intended "activism".
    Activism is activism. It's a legitimate cause, and one that I believe in. W/o taking the thread off topic, I recommend everyone do the research before drawing conclusions. Go to the Wikipedia (it's the fastest way) page for Black Lives Matter, and click on the links for the names of the victims. Read those articles first, and then decide.

I made a distinction between Kaepernick and his cause a while ago. I think he has psychological problems, and I don't see him as altruistic. Nobody's perfect, but I think he has undermined his message for personal gain. From my perspective, when he took money to say "willing to sacrifice everything" he lost me completely as its representative. So, to steal a quote from Champ Bailey, don't focus on the optics, focus on the message. As difficult to do as that may be, that has to be the objective.

It's the only way to grow. As far as Kaepernick goes, let's see if he goes back to the XFL and demands less than 20 Million now. If he cares to campaign for what he says he believes, he'll take whatever they give him and use the XFL as a platform for awareness.

Good post Spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Activism is activism. It's a legitimate cause, and one that I believe in. W/o taking the thread off topic, I recommend everyone do the research before drawing conclusions. Go to the Wikipedia (it's the fastest way) page for Black Lives Matter, and click on the links for the names of the victims. Read those articles first, and then decide.

I made a distinction between Kaepernick and his cause a while ago. I think he has psychological problems, and I don't see him as altruistic. Nobody's perfect, but I think he has undermined his message for personal gain. From my perspective, when he took money to say "willing to sacrifice everything" he lost me completely as its representative. So, to steal a quote from Champ Bailey, don't focus on the optics, focus on the message. As difficult to do as that may be, that has to be the objective.

It's the only way to grow. As far as Kaepernick goes, let's see if he goes back to the XFL and demands less than 20 Million now. If he cares to campaign for what he says he believes, he'll take whatever they give him and use the XFL as a platform for awareness.
    This is a very insightful, and well based post! It makes for good discussion.

I agree that the cause is legitimate, I don't think anybody would disagree with police brutality, violence, and unnecessary and unprovoked death of anyone being a bad thing, but this messenger is in my opinion on a self fulfilling prophecy right now, placing himself above the cause. Honestly, he has taken away from the legitimacy of the issues he has raised turning the whole thing into a circus, making people more divided if anything. The way he has gone about things is typical of this generation of online social justice warrior where it seems making noise and winning the argument has becomes the priority, as opposed to actually raising issues and having legitimate discourse. Because right now when the name Kaepernick is brought into the conversation, a severe emotional reaction is provoked from whichever side of the fence you are on, and the issues which he was trying to bring attention to are not even in the discussion anymore, he has become the story, not the issues he was attempting to raise.

Everyone has been doing a good job in this thread.

As a reminder, though, the announcement below is still posted (log off and you'll see it when you log back on):

Anthems and Protests --- While we certainly understand the frustration by fans on all sides of the discussion, we have decided to keep the Broncos Country message boards separate from politics. Recent events have brought the NFL to the forefront of political debates, but due to the highly emotional and passionate discussion it tends to involve, we think it’s best to continue to keep politics and this forum separate. Yes, the forum is meant for discussion, but we’d like to keep that discussion to football as much as possible. With everything going on in our country, it would be nice to keep our complaints and cheers purely related to football here. If you feel passionately, there are plenty of other outlets available to you to express your opinions. We know this isn’t the most popular decision, but we ask that you respect it. Thank you for understanding. --Broncos Country Message Board Staff
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Awesome post.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nov-16-workout

His silly and stupid stunt may have backfired, if hes actually trying to get back in the NFL.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

All I say to this report is..... Buahahahahaaha

Well, it appears that someone from Colin Kaepernick’s highly-publicized workout two weeks ago will get an NFL tryout. However, the player getting a shot at joining an NFL club will not be Colin Kaepernick.

According to NFL reporter and talk show host Howard Balzer, wide receiver Jordan Veasy, got a workout with the Browns.

NFL tryout/visit report from Monday. Browns: CB Dee Delaney; DEs Terence Fede, Noah Spencer; DTs Walter Palmore, Caraun Reid; WR Jordan Veasy. So, one of Colin Kaepernick's receivers from his recent workout (Veasy) gets a tryout.

— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721) November 26, 2019
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

As an ethnic minority, I feel the cause is politically misguided
    because it blames others instead of taking a look at one's behavior.

For example, scary stuff is happening in Mexico right now.
    Scary stuff is happening in Baltimore as Haiti and Brazil.

The reality is, for some reason,
    we minorities, either do not have the capacity or tools
    to express our thoughts using productive words.

I think it's a cultural thing.
    It was the reason my parents left Mexico; it's corrupt.

We minorities should be asking ourselves,
    "How are we part of the problem and part of the solution?"

What time is the game on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    As an ethnic minority, I feel the cause is politically misguided
    because it blames others instead of taking a look at one's behavior.

For example, scary stuff is happening in Mexico right now.
    Scary stuff is happening in Baltimore as Haiti and Brazil.

The reality is, for some reason,
    we minorities, either do not have the capacity or tools
    to express our thoughts using productive words.

I think it's a cultural thing.
    It was the reason my parents left Mexico; it's corrupt.

We minorities should be asking ourselves,
    "How are we part of the problem and part of the solution?"

What time is the game on Sunday?
    I think that's an important observation. It gets into the sociological or socioeconomics. Without getting too far off course, I'd just say that each specific case has its own independent variables. To understand the climate where this particular movement is concerned, you have to consider the history therein. For just an example, without getting into a conversation concerning institutionalized racism, I would suggest simply to research the LAPD's publicized history in that regard. And that's an example. I won't get into learned behavior or cultural identity, and how that effects people's perspectives or behavior which leads to separatism. I don't think it would disprove your point. To your thinking, this is why players like Richard Sherman said, "Build a bridge". This is an effort that must be made from both sides of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Everyone has been doing a good job in this thread.

As a reminder, though, the announcement below is still posted (log off and you'll see it when you log back on):

Anthems and Protests --- While we certainly understand the frustration by fans on all sides of the discussion, we have decided to keep the Broncos Country message boards separate from politics. Recent events have brought the NFL to the forefront of political debates, but due to the highly emotional and passionate discussion it tends to involve, we think it’s best to continue to keep politics and this forum separate. Yes, the forum is meant for discussion, but we’d like to keep that discussion to football as much as possible. With everything going on in our country, it would be nice to keep our complaints and cheers purely related to football here. If you feel passionately, there are plenty of other outlets available to you to express your opinions. We know this isn’t the most popular decision, but we ask that you respect it. Thank you for understanding. --Broncos Country Message Board Staff
    It's getting very close to that line. Let's not push it, please. Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    It's getting very close to that line. Let's not push it, please. Thanks.
    I find it very strange that 2 adults having an interesting and respectful conversation are being warned. I'm sure people can have these conversations without getting their boo boo feelings hurt, unless I took a wrong turn and logged onto a kindergarden message board.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I find it very strange that 2 adults having an interesting and respectful conversation are being warned. I'm sure people can have these conversations without getting their boo boo feelings hurt, unless I took a wrong turn and logged onto a kindergarden message board.
    There is no political conversation allowed.... and that’s because it was not managed well by members as a whole... so ya the conversation was fine so far, both were very respectful...until it stops Being that. Peanut was merely trying to prevent it from going there...

Like it or not... that’s the line..

It’s a football message board...we get mad enough about that...we can leave world politics out of it..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    There is no political conversation allowed.... and that’s because it was not managed well by members as a whole... so ya the conversation was fine so far, both were very respectful...until it stops Being that. Peanut was merely trying to prevent it from going there...

Like it or not... that’s the line..

It’s a football message board...we get mad enough about that...we can leave world politics out of it..
    Thank you for explaining things.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Yeah, and P&R showed just how adult some people are.

And, FYI, it had nothing to do with any members and their maturity. It was the subject matter. I thought the quoted announcement made that clear.

Any other comments can be PMed to a mod or post in the Community Issues forum. This is not the place.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness