Am I remembering this correctly?

The Monday game reminded me of a game in 2006 Between SF and Den, after which we tragically lost Darrent Williams.

A tie would have gotten the Broncos in the playoffs. A loss would put the Chiefs in.

The Broncos had the ball in overtime, and a chance to run the clock out and get a tie.

Mike Shannahan chose to play aggressively, and the 49ers ended up kicking a field goal to, leave them, as the cbs.sportsline.com glogger said, "Dancing in Kansas City."

Is my memory right on this?

The other reason I remember it is because it is one of the few times I have rooted against Miami. Miami was playing Indy and if they won, Indy would be the 4 seed, and NE the 3 seed. Because Miami lost that game, the AFC title game was played in Indy that year.

On the topic of the MNF game, I would not have thrown two passes. I would called a draw play on one of the first two plays. If it worked, then I would have opened it up. If not, I would have just run out the clock and taken the tie.

I think it's an interesting question to ask football fans: How would have you have played it in that situation?
    Last edited by dolphinsneu; 11-13-2019 at 11:12 PM.

A tie is better than a loss.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinsneu View Post
    The Monday game reminded me of a game in 2006 Between SF and Den, after which we tragically lost Darrent Williams.

A tie would have gotten the Broncos in the playoffs. A loss would put the Chiefs in.

The Broncos had the ball in overtime, and a chance to run the clock out and get a tie.

Mike Shannahan chose to play aggressively, and the 49ers ended up kicking a field goal to, leave them, as the cbs.sportsline.com glogger said, "Dancing in Kansas City."

The other reason I remember it is because it is one of the few times I have rooted against Miami. Miami was playing Indy and if they won, Indy would be the 4 seed, and NE the 3 seed. Because Miami lost that game, the AFC title game was played in Indy that year.

On the topic of the MNF game, I would not have thrown two passes. I would called a draw play on one of the first two plays. If it worked, then I would have opened it up. If not, I would have just run out the clock and taken the tie.

I think it's an interesting question to ask football fans: How would have you have played it in that situation?
    This is a VERY loaded question. FOr my answer I'd revert back to the Dallas game. WHen you look at that game you see that the Cowgirls were moving the ball fairly well via the air attack but were getting killed on the ground. SO the question is IF your offense was doing a good job then you go for the win. IF they were struggling a bit or at all then you need to look at the bigger picture. Your record currently has you 2 games ahead of everyone in the division. A lass puts everyone within 1. A tie keeps everyone two games back, especially since one of the teams who is chasing you is the one you're playing. SO unless you straight up win - or you basically KNOW you can. TAKE THE TIE!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinsneu View Post

The Denver game you were talking about was essentially two teams that seemed neither were playing good enough to win from what I remember.

The MNF we just watched was two good teams both making great plays in order to try and win. Both making plays on offense and defense.

I do not think the two games had anything in common.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy